Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash climbs down off Drolr and heads for the path.

'Thank you Drolr. I trust should we return from within, you will bring us back to where we entered the Inner World...? Or is this goodbye.'

I dismount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

"Tindolin is where I was told I'd find the sword." Iuric looks down the path and then turns to his companions "Shall we?" as he gesture towards the path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash climbs down off Drolr and heads for the path.

'Thank you Drolr. I trust should we return from within, you will bring us back to where we entered the Inner World...? Or is this goodbye.'
    "Oh I'm staying here just outside the valley, to lick up any wounds you've caused in time, looking forward to it.
    Taking you back will be the least I can do for such a tasty meal."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash nods.

He gestures to Iuric and the others.

'Lead on then.'

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I dismount
    Karinth turns.

"Jeremy isn't it? We haven't been introduced. I am Karinth, nice to have a scholarly user of magic among us. Most of my own is inborn."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric gets up out of the comfy spiralce and jumps of drolrs back to land gently on the ground beside him.

"Thank you for the passage, theres no mistaking it now, kindolin is the name Iuric used.

So, when we notice you getting all excited, thats when we know the **** is about to be flung about the place and we should be careful, or is it already to late by then."

sKeith wrote: »
    So, when we notice you getting all excited, thats when we know the **** is about to be flung about the place and we should be careful, or is it already to late by then."
    "If you can still see me when you are in the Valley...but yes. I'll be watching here quite eagerly."

Drolr drools slightly.

Walking along the path, as it begins to slope into the valley, Iuric sees a group of Clerics, twenty in total, bowing and praying in front of a chalk line in the ground.

Fourier wrote: »
    Karinth turns.

"Jeremy isn't it? We haven't been introduced. I am Karinth, nice to have a scholarly user of magic among us. Most of my own is inborn."

“I wanted to be a plumber but it’s the family trade.”
    “Pleased to meet you, this is Occy “ gestures to Occy” he’s an occult octopus “

• Advertisement

“I wanted to be a plumber but it’s the family trade.”
    “Pleased to meet you, this is Occy “ gestures to Occy” he’s an occult octopus “
    Occy salutes Karinth.

"Nice to meet your acquaintance Vampire."

"Similarly Demon of the..." Karinth looks at him closely "...6th circle?"

"You know your stuff..." Occy turns to Jeremy "...I'd be careful here Jeremy, I don't get a good feeling from this place"

Occy salutes Karinth.

"Nice to meet your acquaintance Vampire."

"Similarly Demon of the..." Karinth looks at him closely "...6th circle?"

"You know your stuff..." Occy turns to Jeremy "...I'd be careful here Jeremy, I don't get a good feeling from this place"

<tele- any details young one ?>

“You worry too much Occy.”
    I try to keep me cool.

Iuric approaches the clerics "Greetings, I am Iuric Mercutius, Paladin of Mesharum, the Final Arbiter. I am looking for the legendary sword, Durandal. Have you heard tell of it?"

<tele- any details young one ?>

“You worry too much Occy.”
    I try to keep me cool.
    **I sense the laws of the world being messed with, strong sense of Chaos, as a demon I reveal in it, but I am bound to serve you so...gotta give a fair warning**

OOC: Going to use ** as Telepathy quotes

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric approaches the clerics "Greetings, I am Iuric Mercutius, Paladin of Mesharum, the Final Arbiter. I am looking for the legendary sword, Durandal. Have you heard tell of it?"
    On closer inspection ten of the Clerics have one symbol on their cloaks, the scales of law, the other ten the eight arrowed symbol of chaos.

One of the law Clerics turns.

"Mesharum...a powerful Outer World god of law!!!" He shouts to the others.

"This place is an abomination fellow worshipper of law, all is undone here, stay with us and beseech your Mesharum, as we do our respective gods of law, to remove it from the world. Please!!!!"

The Chaotic clerics begin to chant that the valley is necessary, a well spring of the new and one of the only escapes from the rules of the world.

One shouts to Iuric.

"The sword lies within the valley indeed!!"

"This place is an abomination fellow worshipper of law, all is undone here, stay with us and beseech your Mesharum, as we do our respective gods of law, to remove it from the world. Please!!!!"
    "What laws does it violate?. I am not one to beseech, I am one to intervene. If there is evil in this valley I will deal with it directly."

"The sword lies within the valley indeed!!"
    Iuric looks wide eyed further down the trail

• Advertisement

"Later then drolr."

Sarric follows after Iuric.

"What laws does it violate?. I am not one to beseech, I am one to intervene. If there is evil in this valley I will deal with it directly."

Iuric looks wide eyed further down the trail
    The law Clerics see his intense attraction to valley and beseech him.

"Many of them, the laws of basic sense, yes sometimes for Good, but Good and Evil should not concern us. Good it may be, but Chaotic, occurring without rules. Do not cross the threshold of chalk, for then you will be in the valley proper!!! It marks the end of reason!!"

"Would it not be better to find the source of this chaos and stop it? How long have you been praying for divine intervention?"

"Would it not be better to find the source of this chaos and stop it? How long have you been praying for divine intervention?"
    The Clerics look at each other. Some are obviously ashamed.

"Twenty years, we come for a week each year, then when our week is up, a new group of ten replaces us...we do not have the bravery to enter..." one says.

"Bravery?!" shouts another "Nay, we lack the madness of loot seekers and adventurers!!"

"Spineless dogs!" Karinth shouts, before hitting one Chaotic and Lawful cleric each.

"You mewl over the status of the valley, yet lack the conviction to experience it. The world is not changed by worms such as yourselves. I will follow you Iuric"

He steps across the chalk and looks around. "The Sun?" he remarks, before he then walks into the vegetation ahead and out of sight.

"20 years without intervention? Perhaps you are mistaken or perhaps your intervention may well have come. Who could know for sure? Either way..." Iuric steps over the line following Kanrith.

• Advertisement

Sarric asks the clerics do they have any more chalk.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric asks the clerics do they have any more chalk.
    They look around a bit.

"Yes here is some" one of the chaotic priests offers a stick.

Sarric takes the stick of chalk, "thank you, if the chalk has held back the insanity of the valley for 20 years, then it is bound to help me stay sane in there"

Sarric takes a bite of the stick and begins chewing, then proceeds past the chalk line following Karinth and Iuric.

**I sense the laws of the world being messed with, strong sense of Chaos, as a demon I reveal in it, but I am bound to serve you so...gotta give a fair warning**

OOC: Going to use ** as Telepathy quotes

**thanks dweller of the shallows **

Advertisement