Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    "Hey Varkrash, happy to lend a hand."

'Saw a statue on the way down here. Some sort of dwarf Lord that poisoned elves. Sick bastard. I smashed his statue as scum like that have no need for legacies.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"I was in the tavern were the man was found and a dwarf in there told me of this place, was quite surprised when other folk told me you were already investigating it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric approaches Vrakraash and Sarric "Greetings again" he says to Sarric "you should be very cautious here, these abominations seem to have carried their blinding hatred of Elves into undeath."

"Why thank you, but i dont regard racism in the same way as you do, if somebody has a problem with me, fine, i'll duke it out, but if somebody has a problem with elves in general, i'd like to understand their thought process, get deep into that mind and figure it out!"

sKeith wrote: »
    "Why thank you, but i dont regard racism in the same way as you do, if somebody has a problem with me, fine, i'll duke it out, but if somebody has a problem with elves in general, i'd like to understand their thought process, get deep into that mind and figure it out!"
    "A noble goal. As long as one of these Dwarf abominations doesn't get deep into your mind with a warpick first"

OOC: Is that armed portal still here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Is that armed portal still here?
    OOC: Yep, still present in the other building. You'd be able to see it from the stables.

Iuric approaches the armed portal standing clear of its reach and lights the symbol on his chest. "I am Iuric Mercutius, in the name of Mesharum I demand you leave this place foul creature."

The claws at the end of the large arms clench into the ground and the eyes deep within the black on the other side of the portal draw closer as the arms retract in length.

Eventually the creature stands only a foot from crossing the portal, careful not to cross over into the party's plane. Though the light on the other side is dim, Iuric can make out the being. Silver in colour, dragonborn in shape, though featureless, almost textureless, the same smooth silver material all over.

"And why should I fear this Mesharum, why would his name stop me from crossing over and taking what I need from one of you? I do not say this out of bravado, give me a good reason and I'll be gone."

The creatures words appear fully formed in Iuric's mind, there is no sound.

Fourier wrote:
    "And why should I fear this Mesharum, why would his name stop me from crossing over and taking what I need from one of you? I do not say this out of bravado, give me a good reason and I'll be gone."

Vrakrash stands behind Iuric and calls to the figure.

'Ya might not fear his name, but I guarantee you'll fear the cold steel of an axe, or the sharp slicing of a scimitar.

In his name of course.'

He pauses.

'Hell fire from the mouth of another of his emissaries might deter you too.'

Vrakrash begins to smolder from his nostrils.

• Advertisement

"Dragonborn* do you recognise this being" Iuric shouts over to Vrarkrash and then turns back to the portal, sighs, and box checkingly says "Mesharum, the Final Arbiter. He who metes out divine justice and protects the weak. I am his blade in this realm."

*I don't think Iuric has heard Vrakrash or Sarric's names yet

"Dragonborn* do you recognise this being" Iuric shouts over to Vrarkrash and then turns back to the portal, sighs, and box checkingly says "Mesharum, the Final Arbiter. He who metes out divine justice and protects the weak. I am his blade in this realm."

*I don't think Iuric has heard Vrakrash or Sarric's names yet
    The being looks over at the stables from its vantage point near the portal mouth.

"The undead there is burnt to a crisp, the animation spell shattered. I am passing familiar with the one who cast it, so that is no easy task. Is it your work Iuric?"

At this point the being slowly shifts into a humanoid outline.

"It, indeed, was I who brought the blade of justice to bear on that abomination" Iuric says with a slight hint of boastful pride in his voice and the box checkingly "through the will of Mesharum"

"And this Mesharum, he empowers you then....that much is clear. Hmmm, most likely I could kill you, but I have no way of gauging the servant of a god. You may go free, your two friends however would be advised to leave before my needs return."

ooc: can we all hear the conversation, or is it still being broadcasted only into iurics mind?

OOC: Only into Iuric's

"If only you had not said that last part. I cannot abide allowing you to leave and threaten the innocent." Iuric sword shines brightly with holy* light and he moves in to attack.

*OOC: Channel Divinity - Sacred Weapon. Duration 1 minute, add Charisma mod to attack rolls, weapon is considered magical.

OOC: So it sounds like he's talking to himself?

"If only you had not said that last part. I cannot abide allowing you to leave and threaten the innocent." Iuric sword shines brightly with holy* light and he moves in to attack.

*OOC: Channel Divinity - Sacred Weapon. Duration 1 minute, add Charisma mod to attack rolls, weapon is considered magical.
    OOC: Is movement into attack going into the portal or attacking the arms outside the portal?

Regarding talking to himself, he can have replied via thought alone or out loud, which ever you want.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Is movement into attack going into the portal or attacking the arms outside the portal?

Regarding talking to himself, he can have replied via thought alone or out loud, which ever you want.
    OOC: Outside the portal attacking the arms, I just got back to the group. Aloud is funnier.

OOC: Rolz, you go first, no init needed

Iuric's sword slashes across the creature's arms, taking chunks of flesh off in swipes. As far as anybody can tell the creature makes no response.

Then Iuric lifts his sword up in an arc, it ignites at the apex of the swing, the searing flame burning the last tendons keeping the arms together, the creature falls back, deep into the dark void from whence it came.

Iuric then hears a voice.

Through you, the laws are inviolate!

Mesharum intervenes to personally intensify Iuric's flames, disgusted at the creatures triple violations of natural law. The flames consume it before melting its core. The fireball is visible lighting up the black void, revealed now as a world of lifeless floating rocks.

Only afterward are the creatures "attacks" clear.

Hurguil has no mouth.

Vrakrash is a man.

Sarric has a faint blue glow about him.

Iuric shines his sword into the void and says in a slightly less disinterested way "The light of Mesharum is a beacon in the darkness" and as he extinguishes his sword Iuric thinks "so he does pay attention, it's not just Ramiel."

Iuric turns to his comrades "The realm is a little more j" he stops slackjawed as he sees what has happened to everyone and rushes to Hurgui "Can you breathe!? Nod if you can."

Hurguil, having a small panic attack, points at his nose and nods. He grabs Iuric's arm, making emphatic muffled sounds and crying.

Fourier wrote:
    Varkrash is a man.

Vrakrash looks down at his arms.

He feels his face, noting the lack of scales, bumps and jagged teeth.

He attempts to billow smoke from his nostrils.

OOC: If unsuccessful, he screams :P

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks down at his arms.

He feels his face, noting the lack of scales, bumps and jagged teeth.

He attempts to billow smoke from his nostrils.

OOC: If unsuccessful, he screams :P
    An impressive amount of snot is discharged from Vrakrash's nose.

An impressive amount of snot is discharged from Vrakrash's nose.

Vrakrash wails and looks at his comrades.

'What has become of me? I - I - I'm....

How do I look?'

Hurguil, having a small panic attack, points at his nose and nods. He grabs Iuric's arm, making emphatic muffled sounds and crying.
    Iuric pick up Hurguil and turns to Vrakrash and Sarric, "We should leave and find a cleric to see if you can be healed or perhaps a wizard with knowledge of curses. Do you feel normal?"

Iuric pick up Hurguil and turns to Vrakrash and Sarric, "We should leave and find a cleric to see if you can be healed or perhaps a wizard with knowledge of curses. Do you feel normal?"

Sarric looks himself over, "I feel fine, i had a green glow before, now its turned blue, i have no idea what that means, maybe some mixture with my green glow, i dont know, maybe soon enough, i'll glow white"

Sarric addresses iuric, "I'm sarric by the way, elf by birth, but i have lived with human monks for longer in a monestary than i have been with my own kind."
    "Vrakrash, what has become of you, i liked you all golden, not that i dont like you all squishy and frail, but, how do YOU feel?"

• Advertisement

Suddenly Sarric feels dizzy and falls backward into the stable walls.

Suddenly Sarric feels dizzy and falls forward onto the stable hay.

The others see Sarric wobble on his feet and separate into two Sarrics which fall in opposite directions.

"Are you well enough to carry the Sarrics? I've got my hands full here." Iuric asks Vrakrash.

Vrakrash, still in shock from his... humanising.... wipes the snot from his nose.

'Sarrics? What in the name of...'

He looks to the mouthless dwarf.

'This guy's god is going on here? Or is your doing Iuric? What happened? Why are there two Sarrics? Why am I human - why has that dwarf got no mouth?'

"I... I don't know, I think I've made a huge mistake. That thing threatened you and Sarric so I couldn't let it go and this happened, but Mesharum aided me. I don't understand" Iuric says in an almost incoherent babbling way.

"We need to get Sarrics and Hurguil help."

OOC: do i get to RP both sarrics? am i's conscious? also if not, magic cannot put elf to sleep, so is this damage related unconscious?

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Well... it's done now. We should get help, I agree.'

He steps towards both Sarrics and examines them for any wounds, differences, and potential dangers.

sKeith wrote: »
    OOC: do i get to RP both sarrics? am i's conscious? also if not, magic cannot put elf to sleep, so is this damage related unconscious?
    OOC: You're still concious. You can RP both or just one if you wish, if just one I'll control the other.

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Well... it's done now. We should get help, I agree.'

He steps towards both Sarrics and examines them for any wounds, differences, and potential dangers.
    The Sarrics are identical.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash offers a hand to each of the Sarrics.

'Can you stand? Can I help you in any way? I feel different myself... though... not apparently... TWICE as different.'

SarricA looks himself over, seeing if he feels worse for wear from the split. He looks over at SarricB, lying in the hay and says, "what sort of situation have you goten us into now"

SarricB looks over to SarricA and replies, "It wans't me!" He gets up and brushes the hay of himeself. "Well, lets get going."

SarricA say "ok" and follows SarricB. SarricB follows after the human Vrakrash.

Vrakrash offers a hand to each of the Sarrics.

'Can you stand? Can I help you in any way? I feel different myself... though... not apparently... TWICE as different.'

The Sarrics reply back in unison, "I'm fine."

Vrakrash is a little unnerved about the Sarrics conversing with each other.

'Lead on then, Iuric. I am anxious to see what I look like in the mirror... for... eh, learning reasons.'

Iuric heads of at a brisk pace heading back towards the entrance carrying Hurgui.

Sarrics easily keep pace with Iuric.

The doorway through which they entered the house, the one leading to the crystal walled corridored, is gone. In its place is a sheer drop into a crevice.

Vrakrash follows, trying to catch a glimpse of his reflection in a mirror, crystal or even a muddy puddle on the way.

OOC: How I'm picturing Sarric

And Vrakrash once he's alone (it was a body swap)

• Advertisement

Vrakrash follows, trying to catch a glimpse of his reflection in a mirror, crystal or even a muddy puddle on the way.
    Vrakrash has the form of a portly gentleman with a whisker like mustache and fine clothing.

Advertisement