Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Nobby hides Sarric's corpse behind the altar and leaves the dim shrine room and walks down the hall, travelling NorthEast.
    Nobby enters a room shaped like a Hexagon, with the passage he came from to the South.

On each face lies a door, each one with the portrait of a stern looking dwarf above it, all clad in helms and plate armour.

Each door is closed.

An old looking undead dwarf approaches Nobby.

"Would ye like a Karsen Arse lad?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    The room contains two sets of bunk beds, each three levels high. Next to the bunk beds are open wooden lockers containing the personal effects of the dwarves that clearly mark them as something akin to House Knights, such as badges carrying the same insignia.

There is a exit leading West along what looks like a cellar passage. Another exit lies to the East, much rougher almost like a cave passage, with very cold air coming from it. The fifth dwarf left along the East passage.

One of the bunk beds suddenly falls over.
    Iuric has a look at the collapsed bed weary that something else is lurking here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Nobby enters a room shaped like a Hexagon, with the passage he came from to the South.

On each face lies a door, each one with the portrait of a stern looking dwarf above it, all clad in helms and plate armour.

Each door is closed.

An old looking undead dwarf approaches Nobby.

"Would ye like a Karsen Arse lad?"

"What pray tell is a Karsen Arse?"

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Thanks matey. Might send some more friends for some of that brew.'

He leaves the kitchen and shuffles up the stairs in front of him.
    Vrakrash enters a an enormous library, two stories high, with reams upon reams of books. Most of the second floors shelves are empty, tossed on to the first floor. There is a rug on the floor, an enormous map of dhurn Dharal, though much smaller than the city today, only reaching the Lower Dark, though it seems to extend up from it, not reach down.

In the middle of the library, two undead dwarves are viciously beating some elves.

A door out lies to the NorthWest.

"What pray tell is a Karsen Arse?"
    "A sweet lad..." he adjusts his glasses "...say are you a human?"

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric has a look at the collapsed bed weary that something else is lurking here.
    The frame on the upper bunk on the right side is broken, though there is little other evidence as to what caused it.

"That one that fled mentioned a master, I should gather Sarric and... I must try overhear his name, and see if we can put an end to this madness." Iuric heads back up the stairs to the hall "Hello, Sarric, Dragonborn, are you there?" He checks on Hurguil while he waits for a reply.

"A sweet lad..." he adjusts his glasses "...say are you a human?"

"I can be whatever you want me to be sir."

"That one that fled mentioned a master, I should gather Sarric and... I must try overhear his name, and see if we can put an end to this madness." Iuric heads back up the stairs to the hall "Hello, Sarric, Dragonborn, are you there?" He checks on Hurguil while he waits for a reply.
    Hurguil is rocking himself on the ground. Iuric can see some of his hair ripped out in fear and frustration, for Hurguil now has no eyes.

• Advertisement

"I can be whatever you want me to be sir."
    "Well, as long as yer not an elf...anyway sweet or not?"

"Whats behind all these doors?"

Hurguil is rocking himself on the ground. Iuric can see some of his hair ripped out in fear and frustration, for Hurguil now has no eyes.
    "I promise I will put an end to this affliction" Iuric does his best to calm Hurguil.

OOC: Would I be able to take a short rest here?

"I promise I will put an end to this affliction" Iuric does his best to calm Hurguil.

OOC: Would I be able to take a short rest here?
    Iuric looks around, the coast seems pretty clear.

"Whats behind all these doors?"
    He points moving South East to South West along the Hexagon.

"Guest room, entertainment room, Master's private chambers, the room none may enter and don't get any ideas....and the Garden Balcony with accompanying ale room."

Iuric looks around, the coast seems pretty clear.
    Iuric sits on the floor next to Hurguil to catch his breath, check none of the hits he took in the last few battles were too serious, and offering calming words to the panicked Dwarf.

• Advertisement

"ale room sounds nice, I think I'll drop in, wanna join me?" Nobby walks towards the south west door.

Nobby tries to open the door and walk into the garden Balcony.

The door opens to room with large caskets of ale on tap, but the floor, walls and ceiling are a very rough rock. There is a small window looking out over the "garden", not the one from earlier, but a garden of gems and crystals.

The ghost of a dwarf steps in front of Nobby.

"Even you must see the beauty in this Elf, or is it only the craft you care about, not the substance?"

"Tis a beautiful view," Nobby looks at the gems and crystals but head over and looks for an empty tankard or container, if he finds one he pulls some ale into it and tastes the brew.

"Tis a beautiful view," Nobby looks at the gems and crystals but head over and looks for an empty tankard or container, if he finds one he pulls some ale into it and tastes the brew.
    He finds a few tankards, the ale is of quality much higher than any Nobby has tasted before.

• Advertisement

"Hey ghosty, whats your name? and does this helm not hide my features well enough, others around here are less accomadating of elves."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash enters a an enormous library, two stories high, with reams upon reams of books. Most of the second floors shelves are empty, tossed on to the first floor. There is a rug on the floor, an enormous map of dhurn Dharal, though much smaller than the city today, only reaching the Lower Dark, though it seems to extend up from it, not reach down.

In the middle of the library, two undead dwarves are viciously beating some elves.

A door out lies to the NorthWest.

Vrakrash shudders, his old self would resolve the issue with the undead dwarves but his current figure is not cut out for violence. He takes a look through the pile of books tossed onto the floor, looking for anything interesting, keeping an eye on the dwarves lest they turn their attentions to him.

"Hey ghosty, whats your name? and does this helm not hide my features well enough, others around here are less accomadating of elves."
    "It hides them well enough, but the grace by which you move would make some suspicious, though they may think you a human noble.

I lived long enough among your kind to know different.

I am Khorzinz, I used to own this house."

Vrakrash shudders, his old self would resolve the issue with the undead dwarves but his current figure is not cut out for violence. He takes a look through the pile of books tossed onto the floor, looking for anything interesting, keeping an eye on the dwarves lest they turn their attentions to him.
    Nothing of major note, the works appear to cover almost any topic, medicine, literature, art, engineering. The only topic missing is magic.

The undead stop and turn to see Vrakrash.

"Oi! Human, what are you doing here?"

"Can you tell me about this helm that i am wearing, i found it in the shrine room, it caused me to rage up and kill an elf, is it likely to continue doing that if I came across other elves, or do you think i will be able to control myself in the future?"

"Who is the one the undead dwarves call master?"

Vrakrash stands again and tries to tuck in his protruding gut.

'I... I.. Skele-Dwarf the chef gave me some of his wonderful brew and sent me to fetch the master.

He told me they were up here...'

He tries to see the condition of the elves.

'I hope those guys deserved the beating you're giving them. Perhaps I could help? Give them the old what-for, rough em up so you don't have to?'

"Can you tell me about this helm that i am wearing, i found it in the shrine room, it caused me to rage up and kill an elf, is it likely to continue doing that if I came across other elves, or do you think i will be able to control myself in the future?"
    "The helm was a device I built for the war...some of our number proved incapable of murder. 'Elves are thinking beings like ourselves' they said. Pfff..."

He spits on the ground.

"...the sort of inane thinking that lead to the worship of clowns like Vergadain...anyway the helm increases rage against elven kind and it bonds to its user. It would take an incredible mind to overcome it."
    "Who is the one the undead dwarves call master?"
    "You'll meet him soon enough, it is not I though if you are wondering."

Vrakrash stands again and tries to tuck in his protruding gut.

'I... I.. Skele-Dwarf the chef gave me some of his wonderful brew and sent me to fetch the master.

He told me they were up here...'

He tries to see the condition of the elves.

'I hope those guys deserved the beating you're giving them. Perhaps I could help? Give them the old what-for, rough em up so you don't have to?'
    The dwarves look at eachother.

"The master has human assistance now? Well I suppose he's always saying yer a decent lot. We'll head back to guard the device. You kick in that elf's skull."

The elf's face is near broken.

Vrakrash nods.

'As you wish. You folks head back and I'll smash his head in with...'

He picks up the biggest book he can find and walks over towards the elf.

The dwarves nod and head off.

The elf looks up with horror at Varkrash.

"Just get it done with...then we start again, never killed with a book before"

• Advertisement

Vrakrash slams the book against the wall and roars.

'And stay down you elven cur!'

He kneels down beside the elf.

'Sorry about that. Had to get them away from you and I'm... not very well equipped to fight them in my current stasis. Used to be a Dragonborn... stupid magic left me like this.'

He tries to help the elf up.

'What can you tell me of this place?'

The elf looks at Varkrash.

"Used to be dragonborn...what colour?"

The elf looks at Varkrash.

"Used to be dragonborn...what colour?"

Vrakrash sighs.

'Golden. With beautiful scales and horns. Muscles to boot too... unlike my current form.'

He kicks the ground in frustration.

Nobby has sip of ale then goes and looks at the garden, "so, tell me what this garden of gems and crystals is all about, does the arrangement has any deeper function or is it just aesthetically pleasing? would anybody mind too terribly if i prune a few bushes and trimmed back a few hedges, if you know what i mean Khorzinz?"

Nobby has sip of ale then goes and looks at the garden, "so, tell me what this garden of gems and crystals is all about, does the arrangement has any deeper function or is it just aesthetically pleasing? would anybody mind too terribly if i prune a few bushes and trimmed back a few hedges, if you know what i mean Khorzinz?"
    "Oh it has a function...but please fire away"

He fades away.

Vrakrash sighs.

'Golden. With beautiful scales and horns. Muscles to boot too... unlike my current form.'

He kicks the ground in frustration.
    He smiles, then grows serious.

"I haven't the spell on me now. Kill me and wait until I reform, I can help you then"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Well, seeing as you asked nicely..'

He picks up the book again and swings it directly at the elf's head.

'Sorry to do this mate.'

"Wait an hour" he quickly shouts before the heavy tome crushes his skull, brains splattering onto the library's map of the subterranean world.

Vrakrash looks for a quiet spot in the library to bring the elf's body and wait safely.

• Advertisement

Nobby looks for an exit out to the garden and exits out to the garden if found.

As Nobby heads out into the garden, he sees that the crystals are covered by hexes, searching the whole garden for a good few minutes, he sees all the crystals are like this down to the large cavern decending deeper into the earth away from the house.

The hour passes. Vrakrash sees the pieces of the elves skull ressable, push the book out of his skull and his face heal.

Iuric's rest comes to an end, he stands feeling rejuvenated.

In the hall, a zombified Sarric rises.

"The others haven't returned I hope they're still living, but there's no more time to wait an undead leader needs dealing with."

Iuric checks how Hurguilis doing.

Vrakrash pokes at his new elven friend to see if he has... arisen.

The whole thing is rather unnerving to fat, non-warrior Vrakrash. His stomach begins to churn with the brew he drank earlier.

"The others haven't returned I hope they're still living, but there's no more time to wait an undead leader needs dealing with."

Iuric checks how Hurguilis doing.
    He now has no arms, legs or ears.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash pokes at his new elven friend to see if he has... arisen.

The whole thing is rather unnerving to fat, non-warrior Vrakrash. His stomach begins to churn with the brew he drank earlier.
    The elf opens his eyes.

"Well that was incredibly painful."

He groans and stands, then grabs Vrakrash by the face.

Vrakrash skull stretches out, his legs develop claws, his skin hardens, cracks and turns golden and tail erupts painfully from his back. Within a minute he is back to his old self.

Nobby casts a fire bolt at a bunch of crystals 100 feet up ahead of him.

He now has no arms, legs or ears.
    "What madness is this?" Iuric picks up Hurguil and heads down the stairs into the room he fought the Dwarves in.

OOC: Are they open wounds or healed stumps?

Vrakrash whoops and hollers and does a little dragon dance.

Then he hugs his new undead friend, but not too tight.

'Ok, I think I'm back to my old self now. Tell me, what is with this place? And why do you keep reanimating? It doesn't seem like your first time.'

"What madness is this?" Iuric picks up Hurguil and heads down the stairs into the room he fought the Dwarves in.

OOC: Are they open wounds or healed stumps?
    Looking at Hurguil closely, it's as if he never had arms, legs, ears or a mouth to begin with.

Hurguil himself is unconcious.

When he enters the room, it is as before, save for a glowing red line half way through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement