Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric examines the red line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash whoops and hollers and does a little dragon dance.

Then he hugs his new undead friend, but not too tight.

'Ok, I think I'm back to my old self now. Tell me, what is with this place? And why do you keep reanimating? It doesn't seem like your first time.'
    "The master loathes me, he cast a spell of resurrection on me and within this house, it never wares out. His minions then beat me to death whenever they find me.

This house, I have been here for hundreds of years. It is a restoration of his home from long ago, merged with that of the last owner."

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric examines the red line.
    The line pulses, staring at it directly is difficult due to the harsh light it emits. A strong heat comes off it.

Hurguil starts wriggling as his eyes disappear.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash nods.

'Then I give you the choice, my friend. Stay here and continue to eke out the same existence over and over again..

Or take me to this master, and I will cut him down and free all of you.'

He pauses.

'Either way I ask of you a favour to heal our dwarven friend, Hurguil - he is not like these undead monsters. If you have it in your power to restore him, then do so please.

Once you show me the way to the master, of course.'

Vrakrash reaches for his axe, and smiles.

"Best to give that a wide berth" Iuric follows the path the fleeing undead Dwarf took.

Vrakrash nods.

'Then I give you the choice, my friend. Stay here and continue to eke out the same existence over and over again..

Or take me to this master, and I will cut him down and free all of you.'

He pauses.

'Either way I ask of you a favour to heal our dwarven friend, Hurguil - he is not like these undead monsters. If you have it in your power to restore him, then do so please.

Once you show me the way to the master, of course.'

Vrakrash reaches for his axe, and smiles.
    The elf narrows his eyes, then turns, lost in thought, before sighing.

"I fear you will not fare well against him, but you are not the kind to be stopped I suspect. Go out of this room and head across the balcony looking over the corridor with the armour. On the other side you should see his bedroom. He will either be there or if not, descend into the lowest floor, down the stone stairs you passed on your way here. Head straight East passed the bunk room and you will find his research chambers.

I will help this dwarf, where is he?"

Vrakrash thanks the elf.

'Last I saw him, he was with my friend, Iuric. Do not threaten him, as he is not a fan of undead... he's a holy type, you probably know the sort.'

He gestures to the stairs.

'Down below this room, you should find them. Send them to find me. I might need the help.'

Vrakrash waves and heads in the direction the elf told him.

"Best to give that a wide berth" Iuric follows the path the fleeing undead Dwarf took.
    The passage he enters splits into one heading North and one heading East. To the North he hears water, to the East nothing.

Vrakrash thanks the elf.

'Last I saw him, he was with my friend, Iuric. Do not threaten him, as he is not a fan of undead... he's a holy type, you probably know the sort.'

He gestures to the stairs.

'Down below this room, you should find them. Send them to find me. I might need the help.'

Vrakrash waves and heads in the direction the elf told him.
    "They are uncommon among my people, our gods are either personally known to us or are one of our own raised up, like the dwarves. Not the near omnipotent beings worshiped by the humans and the newer races....but yes I know the type"

He heads off.

Varkrash enters the balcony hall. It itself heads East, there is also a corridor going North.

Iuric lights his holy symbol and looks around for tracks or any other signs of recent fleeing.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash continues East, trying to recall the directions the elf gave him.

Iuric lights his holy symbol and looks around for tracks or any other signs of recent fleeing.
    Very heavy tracks head East, two in total, barefooted, though monstrous in size. They are flanking a much smaller set of footprints of someone in armour.

Vrakrash continues East, trying to recall the directions the elf gave him.
    Across at the other end of the hall is a door. To its North is a fancy corridor lined with high quality wooden furnishings and a crystal lamp, before ending in a chamber with multiple doors.

The entire house suddenly shakes violently.

Iuric extinguishes his symbol and follows the tracks.

Vrakrash continues North towards the chamber, weapons drawn.

He examines the doors.

In the crystal garden Nobby sees multiple crystals explode, which then cause another set to explode. The explosion thankfully doesn't come back in his direction, the crystals close to him being too small to provide much power. Instead the explosion continues down the massive cavern into the Underdark.

Vrakrash continues North towards the chamber, weapons drawn.

He examines the doors.
    As he reaches for the door he just about notices a shadow behind him.

OOC: Dex check

Iuric extinguishes his symbol and follows the tracks.
    The Eastern passage first has a wooden door on its Northern face. A drippping sound comes from within, accompanied by something heavy being dragged.

At the passages end is a heavy bolted iron door. Lighting crackles across its surface.

• Advertisement

OOC: Rolled 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Nobby slinks out of the garden and back to his tankard of ale, and hums a little tune to himself.

Fourier wrote: »
    As he reaches for the door he just about notices a shadow behind him.

OOC: Dex check
    An axe embeds itself in the door as Vrakrash rolls out of the way, scimitar and axe drawn mid roll.

As he springs back to his feet, he sees two dwarves wearing powerful looking golden armour, steam hissing from its back and clockwork gears at the joints, giving them an extra three foot in height.

"A golden bleedin dragon, I'm goin' to enjoy this" one of them with a long red beard says, as a helm closes over his face mechanically, obscuring his features.

Iuric places Hurguil on the ground, draws his sword, and tries to open the wooden door on the north face.

Vrakrash faces down the two dwarves.

'Stand aside. I wish to speak with your master. I have no quarrel with you or anyone here.'

sKeith wrote: »
    Nobby slinks out of the garden and back to his tankard of ale, and hums a little tune to himself.
    He hears a colossal roar from deep within the Underdark chamber. It shatters the window and cracks the walls. It transitions into a scream almost disorientatingly loud.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash faces down the two dwarves.

'Stand aside. I wish to speak with your master. I have no quarrel with you or anyone here.'
    A golden mailed fist plows toward him.

OOC: Init

He hears a colossal roar from deep within the Underdark chamber. It shatters the window and cracks the walls. It transitions into a scream almost disorientatingly loud.

Nobby carrys his tankard with him and exits thru the dooor back out to the hex of doors dilibrately roughening his gait to better his attempt to appear human.

Iuric places Hurguil on the ground, draws his sword, and tries to open the wooden door on the north face.
    Inside are three large baths, the dwarves within them have massive fungal growths emerging from their shoulders, that end in odd scorpion-like stingers.

A fourth such dwarf is out of the tank dragging feeding fluid to each bath for the others. He looks at, but cares little for Iuric.

OOC: Noticeably undead?

OOC: Noticeably undead?
    The dwarves appear to be alive.

• Advertisement

"What manner of natural perversion is this?" Iuric shouts at the caretaker Dwarf.

EDIT OOC: That sounds more sexual than I intended

"What manner of natural perversion is this?" Iuric shouts at the caretaker Dwarf.

EDIT OOC: That sounds more sexual than I intended
    The dwarf looks at Iuric.

"More natural than what we are now in the modern world"

He continues with his task.

Just then Iuric hears a tapping outside the wooden door, back in the passage.

Nobby carrys his tankard with him and exits thru the dooor back out to the hex of doors dilibrately roughening his gait to better his attempt to appear human.
    He makes it back out easily enough. The old man is gone by now.

Iuric very confused by the Dwarf heads back out into the corridor to check on the tapping.

nobby enters the entertainment rooms, or the room the old man said was the entertainment room.

A golden mailed fist plows toward him.

The mailed fist connects with Vrakrash's jaw spinning him into the other one who also cracks him in the jaws, breaking it.

Vrakrash steadies himself and swings his blades at one, managing to find an opening in the armour and slicing his guts, taking a punch to the gut himself in the process.

Having enough, he blasts flame from his mouth, melting the gold of their armour, the dripping hot metal being enough to finish the one he'd been fighting.

The remaining one roars, releasing a mechanical claw and grabs Varkrash by the neck and slams him through the floor. Varkrash lands a display case of gems and jewels, knocking him out.

OOC: Roll hit die. One or two

Iuric very confused by the Dwarf heads back out into the corridor to check on the tapping.
    An elf, with a fully restored Hurguil, is there to greet him. Though he gestures to keep quiet.

"Greetings, I met your dragonborn friend upstairs. Blessings on you and your god, for I am sure he is mighty indeed" he says with a warm smile.

"Hurguil are you whole again?" Iuric turns to the elf "The Dragon is a Dragon again? You have my thanks I fear it was I that caused this mess."

OOC: Does the elf look undead?

The elf's natural grace makes him seem alive and he has a healthy enough complexion. However Iuric's holy training lets him perceive the subtle signs of unlife, the small lack of synchronization between the two eyes as they move, the ungraceful by elven standards head movements.

nobby enters the entertainment rooms, or the room the old man said was the entertainment room.
    Within three undead dwarves are feasting on an elf next to a smashed piano. One jerks his head back and smells the air.

They all turn to Nobby and grin.

OOC: Dex save

• Advertisement

In drarvish, "Hey guys , there is trouble down the garden, Khorzinz told me to come get you as its an emergency and that you need to get down the back of the garden as soon as possible."

Within three undead dwarves are feasting on an elf next to a smashed piano. One jerks his head back and smells the air.

They all turn to Nobby and grin.

OOC: Dex save
    Nobby side steps as a figure dives at him from behind.

The dwarves stand.

"I think we'll make an exception, killing elves is good, but when one kills another."

A rabid Sarric stands tall, his eyes glowing white, foam dripping from his mouth. He rushes Nobby.

"You look ill friend, perhaps you should not be here?" Iuric says the the Elf. "Hurguil, the source of this undead scourge seems to be down here, behind that I'd say" Iuric gestures to the lightning door "have you ever seen anything like it?"

"You look ill friend, perhaps you should not be here?" Iuric says the the Elf. "Hurguil, the source of this undead scourge seems to be down here, behind that I'd say" Iuric gestures to the lightning door "have you ever seen anything like it?"
    "Yes...it is forbidden now...the old religion"

He backs off nervously.

"Yes...it is forbidden now...the old religion"

He backs off nervously.
    "Is there a way to open it?"

"Is there a way to open it?"
    "Yes, if I remember right there is a runic spell...it will take time"

He looks at the elf.

"An blood from a living dwarf"

Nobby side steps as a figure dives at him from behind.

The dwarves stand.

"I think we'll make an exception, killing elves is good, but when one kills another."

A rabid Sarric stands tall, his eyes glowing white, foam dripping from his mouth. He rushes Nobby.

Nobby blasts the room with a fireball, it directly hits one of the dwarves, burning through his body.

In the ensuing inferno he rushes for the door. Sarric tosses a fireball at Nobby as he makes for the door, but luckily he leaps through and shuts it quickly enough to avoid most of the damage.

OOC: 1HP lost

Vrakrash slowly opens his eyes, glass embedded in his skin. The room spins, an odd museum of sort to various rocks from the Gigadark.

"Yes, if I remember right there is a runic spell...it will take time"

He looks at the elf.

"An blood from a living dwarf"
    "How much blood?"

OOC: Did any of the experimented on Dwarves have wounds?

• Advertisement

Nobby enters the guest room or the room the old man said was the guest room.

Advertisement