Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill lubricant

Options
  • 10-06-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

looking for recommendations for the lubricant for the belt on my treadmill.....I've read that absolutely no way should one use WD40 (so really looking to use something decent)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

cjmcork wrote: »
    looking for recommendations for the lubricant for the belt on my treadmill.....I've read that absolutely no way should one use WD40 (so really looking to use something decent)

Silicone Oil

Sewing machine shops should have also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

brilliant -thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

cjmcork wrote: »
    brilliant -thanks!

If you haven't done it before, loosen the roller at the rear enough that you can lift the belt away from the deck (mark the position of the roller with some tape, so it's easy to return to the original position), reach in and squirt the silicone on the running deck, then let it run at an easy pace for a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

ah yeah - have just run out of the bottle that came with it first day

Advertisement