Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO in Castlebar

Options
  • 10-06-2018 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

It depends where you mean, exactly. It's available in Harmony Heights and Castlegrove as of a couple of weeks ago.

If you want to PM me an Eircode I can let you know if you're currently covered. I can't tell you anything about future plans, I'm afraid - SIRO don't let us know about premises until they're ready to order.

For anyone who's interested, we're currently running a promotion where we're offering a SIRO 1Gb/s connection for the normal price of 150Mb/s - €45 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

You're not going to want to hear this RHJ, but they've released all of New Line to order, but still not your street.

They've also added Glen Fort, Rockvale and Lakeview in Castlebar, as well as Pairc na Coille, some of Fairways, a big chunk out the Leenane Road and a lot of houses between the West Road and Rosbeg. In total there are more than 3000 premises available to order between Castlebar and Mayo.

For a limited time we're running a special offer on SIRO connections: 1000Mb/s for the normal price of 150Mb/s (€45/month) with the first month for €25. The promotional price applies for the first 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

.......more than 3000 premises available to order between Castlebar and Mayo.

Hi Paul, any updates regarding Rosslee in Castlebar?

I noticed that k&n was out marking the road and pavement
    with red paint a few weeks ago, so hopefully we are close!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Still waiting on Kilkenny Cross to be connected also..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

You're not going to want to hear this RHJ, but they've released all of New Line to order, but still not your street.

They've also added Glen Fort, Rockvale and Lakeview in Castlebar, as well as Pairc na Coille, some of Fairways, a big chunk out the Leenane Road and a lot of houses between the West Road and Rosbeg. In total there are more than 3000 premises available to order between Castlebar and Mayo.

For a limited time we're running a special offer on SIRO connections: 1000Mb/s for the normal price of 150Mb/s (€45/month) with the first month for €25. The promotional price applies for the first 18 months.

Could I order it now and when it comes to my area get it for this price

Hi Paul, any updates regarding Rosslee in Castlebar?

I noticed that k&n was out marking the road and pavement
    with red paint a few weeks ago, so hopefully we are close!
    Woodlawn Park and Rosslee are both still missing from the coverage map, although the cluster of houses just past the entrance to Rosslee is covered.

Generally when a housing estate has been skipped it either means that the houses themselves are hard to do (direct buried, or no chambers in front of the minipillars) or else there's a problem with the infrastructure in between. I must take a look at Rosslee next time I'm passing to see if I can figure out which it is.
    Still waiting on Kilkenny Cross to be connected also..

Some houses in that area are available (Abbeyside, for example), while others (Ashwood & The Cedars) are not. The reasons are probably similar.
    naughto wrote: »
    Could I order it now and when it comes to my area get it for this price
    The problem is that we're passing on a promotional offer from SIRO, and the promotion applies to orders we place with them. We can't place an order for a house until it's available on their system.

Best bet is to make sure you've registered your interest with us (and given us consent under GDPR to stay in touch!) and as soon as it's available to you, we'll let you know - hopefully in time to avail of the offer. In any case, we'll do the best deal we're able to at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

Anyone know if SIRO is available in Sion Hill,Rossmor,Lake view,Rockvale area of Castlebar.The boys were in some of the mentioned estates last couple of weeks but yet it dosent seem available according to Vodafone website?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Woodlawn Park and Rosslee are both still missing from the coverage map, although the cluster of houses just past the entrance to Rosslee is covered.

Generally when a housing estate has been skipped it either means that the houses themselves are hard to do (direct buried, or no chambers in front of the minipillars) or else there's a problem with the infrastructure in between. I must take a look at Rosslee next time I'm passing to see if I can figure out which it is.

Some houses in that area are available (Abbeyside, for example), while others (Ashwood & The Cedars) are not. The reasons are probably similar.

The problem is that we're passing on a promotional offer from SIRO, and the promotion applies to orders we place with them. We can't place an order for a house until it's available on their system.

Best bet is to make sure you've registered your interest with us (and given us consent under GDPR to stay in touch!) and as soon as it's available to you, we'll let you know - hopefully in time to avail of the offer. In any case, we'll do the best deal we're able to at that time.

The house I am looking to get Fiber for is right on the Roundabout, beside the Vet's, seems all the house around that junction have been skipped

Thanks for the reply

ethical wrote: »
    Anyone know if SIRO is available in Sion Hill,Rossmor,Lake view,Rockvale area of Castlebar.

Yes, looks like most of that area is covered. If you want to PM me an Eircode I can confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Advertisement