Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Shower

• 10-06-2018 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi

Could anyone recommend a good power shower to counteract fluctuating water pressure please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

second74 wrote:
    Could anyone recommend a good power shower to counteract fluctuating water pressure please

Why is the water pressure fluctuating?

How is it plumbed in at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Why is the water pressure fluctuating?

How is it plumbed in at the moment?

It is an electric shower off the mains. The mains has old pipes and at time of high usage in surrounding area the water pressure dips

second74 wrote:
    It is an electric shower off the mains. The mains has old pipes and at time of high usage in surrounding area the water pressure dips

You don't have a power shower. You have a mains fed Electric shower. These rely on good mains pressure to function correctly. Many areas in Ireland aren't suitable for mains fed showers. When you have bad pressure your shower will not be easy to control if someone uses water elsewhere in the house.

If you want an electric shower that has steady pressure you need a Pumped electric shower. These are tank fed & can't be connected to the mains. Your plumber will have to alter pipe work.

If you want a power shower, again you will need to go tank fed hot and cold supply as power showers won't work with mains.

The triton t90sr is a good pumped electric shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭John.G

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You don't have a power shower. You have a mains fed Electric shower. These rely on good mains pressure to function correctly. Many areas in Ireland aren't suitable for mains fed showers. When you have bad pressure your shower will not be easy to control if someone uses water elsewhere in the house.

If you want an electric shower that has steady pressure you need a Pumped electric shower. These are tank fed & can't be connected to the mains. Your plumber will have to alter pipe work.

If you want a power shower, again you will need to go tank fed hot and cold supply as power showers won't work with mains.

The triton t90sr is a good pumped electric shower

If the OP wants a power shower he could go for the Triton AS2000XT which will give him a flowrate of up to 14 LPM, my neighbour has one and is very pleased with it over the past 2 or 3 years.

John.G wrote: »
    If the OP wants a power shower he could go for the Triton AS2000XT which will give him a flowrate of up to 14 LPM, my neighbour has one and is very pleased with it over the past 2 or 3 years.

A good power shower for the price range. He just needs to get a hot & cold supply to it that isn't mains supply & alter the electric supply. 14 lpm is a good flow rate. I have a much higher flow rate myself but I never feel cheated in hotels where i'd get 14 lpm either

• Advertisement
Advertisement