Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercrest / Lidl warranty

Options
  • 10-06-2018 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

We bought a food chopper today from Lidl, says silvercrest on it. Cashier said bill is the warranty. But it doesn't say how long is the warranty, I checked if I can activate warranty online but nothing comes up.

Anyone familiar with Silvercrest warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Harika

We bought a food chopper today from Lidl, says silvercrest on it. Cashier said bill is the warranty. But it doesn't say how long is the warranty, I checked if I can activate warranty online but nothing comes up.

Anyone familiar with Silvercrest warranty?

Flyer says three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

3 years, awesome!!!

So I just keep the receipt? Is there online site where I need to register the device?

Thanks a lot.
    Happy Sunday :)

Hi All,

The rubber gasket broke into 2 pieces today from the smoothie jar. Pic attached:

s25n5g.jpg

Product used few times only and less than a month old. Do you think they can provide extra rubber? Who do I contact please? It's upsetting to see this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There should be a phone number in the manual, however something that new they are likely to just refund you (in store).

• Advertisement

Ok cool. Will ring them tomorrow. I am hoping if they can provide replacement as the machine is good. Rather than refunding.
    L1011 wrote: »
    There should be a phone number in the manual, however something that new they are likely to just refund you (in store).

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

For their power tools etc that are expected to have wear components and replacement parts, their service partner is quite good at parts.

For a cheaper consumer item I suspect it'll be a refund.

This product was in the range of 30 euros. So I think it's a refund. I will request for a replacement of possible. I will update you soon.
    L1011 wrote: »
    For their power tools etc that are expected to have wear components and replacement parts, their service partner is quite good at parts.

For a cheaper consumer item I suspect it'll be a refund.

Update:

Went to Lidl store and told the issue. They said they don't have new blenders and refunded whole amount back.

Will get Ninja chopper tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lidl are one of the best companies for no hassle refunds/repairs period
    Not had to return many things but never an hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

they replaced a desk fan for me last week, with no receipt.

It was still in stock, so no quibble, replacement handed out.

I got full refund without hassle for the chopper.

This time I got Ninja chopper which is more sturdy.

Advertisement