Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Killarney half marathon July 28th

Options
  • 10-06-2018 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Anyone running this one?
    Any thoughts?

Downhill for the first 8 miles and an early start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Might run the 10k but I know about the half. It's an extremely early start. And a lot of hanging around Molls gap. Lots of downhill and then into the park joining the 10k route. Good atmosphere around after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

Might run the 10k but I know about the half. It's an extremely early start. And a lot of hanging around Molls gap. Lots of downhill and then into the park joining the 10k route. Good atmosphere around after

I'm going to make a weekend of it, The Fury's playing in the Gleneagle on the Friday night, unfortunately wont be able to let my hair down but will do my best. Really looking forward to it.

Hopefully get the weather for the race itself anyway.

runrun2 wrote:
    Hopefully get the weather for the race itself anyway.

If you get good weather it's a great day especially if you're staying down. Big festivities around the finish line. Music beers burgers etc. Take it easy on the Friday night as you'll have an early early early start. Haha. The bus leaves for Molls gap at stupid O clock

If you get good weather it's a great day especially if you're staying down. Big festivities around the finish line. Music beers burgers etc. Take it easy on the Friday night as you'll have an early early early start. Haha. The bus leaves for Molls gap at stupid O clock

I'll try not to think about, plenty of water! lol.

Cant wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Loved this run. Early start but nice handy course ( mostly) and well organized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

I’m doing it and really lookng forward to it. Missed out last year due to injury.

Kellygirl wrote: »
    I’m doing it and really lookng forward to it. Missed out last year due to injury.

I was speaking to someone who did it and they said its a great course.
    Comments from this site from earlier years have said its tough on the legs going downhill and you notice it after the 8 miles when it levels off.
    The main comment seems to be to bring something warm to wear for standing around before the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

runrun2 wrote: »
    I was speaking to someone who did it and they said its a great course.
    Comments from this site from earlier years have said its tough on the legs going downhill and you notice it after the 8 miles when it levels off.
    The main comment seems to be to bring something warm to wear for standing around before the start.

Yes - something you can ditch and get the last bus up if you can. Everybody was frozen last year. There’s a couple of short sharp uphills at the start too I think. Hopefully will be a nice day. I’d say it’ll be spectacular if so.

Molls Gap is stunning. A lot of people wear a bin bag and get rid just before the start.

Definitely save something for the latter miles. Common for people to hammer the downhill and suffer later.

Advertisement