Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is Strange 2 - (Incl. Captain Spirit prequel)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some more details on the psn blog. Also read the same guy who did the music for the 1st game is coming back which is a great thing.

Interesting story going on a long journey instead of focusing on one place.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/08/20/life-is-strange-2s-new-protagonists-locations-revealed-in-new-trailer/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So EP 1 is releasing Wednesday midnight. As long as they don't pull a telltale and make us pay for the whole season pass just play episode 1, then I'll be getting it on launch, really can't wait to play it.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So EP 1 is releasing Wednesday midnight. As long as they don't pull a telltale and make us pay for the whole season pass just play episode 1, then I'll be getting it on launch, really can't wait to play it.

I was able to get the season pass for €16 on the Turkey PSN store. Prices are way cheaper. You need to use a revolut card as psn cards are not available in Turkey. There are guides on hotukdeals on how to set it up.

I was able to get the season pass for €16 on the Turkey PSN store. Prices are way cheaper. You need to use a revolut card as psn cards are not available in Turkey. There are guides on hotukdeals on how to set it up.

Wow it's 40 on Irish PSN, not sure how much each episode is yet but will definitely look into that Turkey one, sound man!

Wow it's 40 on Irish PSN, not sure how much each episode is yet but will definitely look into that Turkey one, sound man!

http://psn4.com is a handy site.as it will tell you cheapest psn store to purchase a game. Indonesia is cheap too. The one thing is though, you need to use revolut for Turkey PSN and only one transaction can be made per day. There are load of posts in HUKD showing how to set them up

Trophy/Achievement lists are there. Copy paste from the first game pretty much.

Thanks for the advice Eoin but in the end I took the easy route and bought episode 1 on Irish PSN for 8 euro. Season pass is 40 so no saving money with that.

Looking forward to lashing into this tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Finished the episode there a short while ago.

Didn't think much of it at all. None of the characters are particularly good or interesting and the writing is overall pretty poor.

I was a huge fan of the first season (bought it digital and disc) and BTS but this just left me cold and i'm not even really looking forward to the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Thought it was a decent opener, setting the stage and introducing characters and all that but it felt like a real long episode and a bit of a slow burner at times.

Character dialog feels a lot more fluid in this one, cringe factor has definitely reduced which is a plus.

Cool
    the last of us
    reference in there too if that is your jam.

Loved this, great characters, story and writing. Step up from LiS 1. Looking at the credits, I saw Steve Gaynor was a writer, be created Gone Home which I love as well and when I looked it up, noticed he worked on LiS 1 as well. The music is top notch again. Had a very similar moment to Max first playing music in LiS 1 and getting a big grin on my face when Jose Gonzalez came on to when Sean played his and
    The Streets
    came on, totally unexpected.

Totally hooked from the beginning reading through the text messages on the phone, knew it had me invested whatever was going to happen.

I thought it was a really nice touch to be able to pin collectibles to your bag. Also, getting to see
    Arcadia Bay, or what was left of it. Hopefully get to see Max and Chloe on the road :)
    I thought Brody was great, nice to actually have a trustworthy character especially after the trump supporter. Wish I had stolen from the store instead of spending like 24 bucks, at least I got the camping gear on my way out. Hopefully we meet Brody on the road again after his Utah detour.

Also **** that family who didn't give us food.

Finally, Mushroom the dog is awesome.

As for Captain Spirit, was that really a prequel or will we encounter Chris in a later episode, just thinking about how that story ended doesn't fit in as a prequel to this.

Absolutely can't wait for the next episode.

Eurogamer's Let's Play having a funny moment

https://twitter.com/johnneh/status/1045291499854987265?s=19

I like the
    sketching
    mechanic but I hope they do something to reduce the sensitivity before you see the
    sketch take shape
    . I was going nuts on the thumbstick trying to make something happen, even still it was hard to tell when it was meant to be finished. /minor complaint

I like the
    sketching
    mechanic but I hope they do something to reduce the sensitivity before you see the
    sketch take shape
    . I was going nuts on the thumbstick trying to make something happen, even still it was hard to tell when it was meant to be finished. /minor complaint

Yeah, I'm still not sure on that other than wiggle the analogue stick like a mad man, would have been nice if you could have actually used the pencil to draw over a stencil or something.

Also, when I finished, it said I can buy a 2-5 episode bundle for 33 euro with no extras but the episodes are 8 each so it's cheaper buying individually, bit strange.

Episode 2 will launch some time in January, more details will be revealed in December

Episode 2 will launch some time in January, more details will be revealed in December

Yeah saw that yesterday, bit disappointing. Too big a gap between episodes to keep the story flowing, no wonder people wait for the finished product.

January 24th for ep 2, really hope it didn't take as long to release ep 3.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1075058107301060609?s=19

This is getting quite a mixed reaction over on Reddit. Do have to wonder what is going on, it is hard to see a project plan allowing for a 3+ month gap between releases, especially for a second episode, you risk losing the audience. Could very well be worth the wait too, we shall see.

• Advertisement

So, episode 2 is out today and I couldn't wait to buy it.... except I couldn't. Turns out you now need to buy the 2-5 bundle for 33 euro to play the rest of the episodes.

So, you want people wait 4 months for the 2nd episode and then you want them to buy the season pass to play any more.... after what happened Telltale.... Jesus what an awful awful decision. Now I'm going to wait for the season pass to go on sale whenever that is. Looks like that's the general consensus on Reddit as well.

GG Dont' Nod

Wow, episode 5 scheduled to release in December. Over a year to release a game. 3 months between episodes is just too much for episodic content especially when they want you to buy the whole thing in one go. Guess I'll be picking it up in December, will have to play through ep 1 again for a full play through.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1108760182358564865?s=19

Wow, episode 5 scheduled to release in December. Over a year to release a game. 3 months between episodes is just too much for episodic content especially when they want you to buy the whole thing in one go. Guess I'll be picking it up in December, will have to play through ep 1 again for a full play through.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1108760182358564865?s=19

Yeah 3 months is way too long. I have the season pass anyway so I'll just wait for all episodes to release before playing it

Don't Nod have announced you can now but episodes individually. Still think I'll wait till December to play the whole thing but at least they changed their **** buying decision.

Strange thing is each episode is 8 euro but you can buy the 2-5 bundle for 33 euro with no extras so instead of being rewarded for buying the bundle, you actually have to pay a euro extra.

Episode 1 went half price a few months after launch so think I'll buy them as they each hit sale.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1113840440451772416?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Finally got around to playing the latest episode despite not even realizing it has been out since the 9th :pac:

I really regret buying the whole season. We're past the halfway point and i simply can not bring myself to care about any of the characters in the slightest.

It isn't a patch on S1 or BtS.

Started it last night, and man it was a slog to get through the first episode. Not feeling the characters and the writing/plot isn't doing anything for me.

Also there didn't seem to be as much going on in the game compared to the others, it was very straight forward.

Does episode 2 or 3 improve things?

Complete season 2 is on sale in us psn for 26.79 dollars. I had 7 dollars on there so will just cost me 16.80 euro from press-start. About 25 euro for 30 dollars. On sale for another 3 days but not sure whether to bite yet or wait til the final episode is out in December and another sale.

Ep 4 arrives on the 22nd but holding till December to play this out, even though I bought the bundle early and have played ep 1. The episodic thing isn't really working for me with the gap between releases. The first season was great as I had all the episodes on tap from a steam sale and played all of them over a course of a couple of weeks.

Advertisement