Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Statement for Halls

Options
  • 11-06-2018 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

If anyone still has their's I would like to ask if you could post your personal statement up for incoming students to look at and form an idea of what's ideal especially if you were successful in getting in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

From what I've heard from people who knew what to put down last year - talk about why you really wanted to be in Trinity College. Talk about how you had a friend who was in Halls last year (even if you didn't) and how the JCR and everything else in Halls helped them make lots of new friends and that you hope to do the same. They'll love to hear that what they do in Halls is actually successful (which it is tbf). Other than that, the best way to secure a room is to be open to sharing a bedroom with someone else. It's much harder to get a single room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    From what I've heard from people who knew what to put down last year - talk about why you really wanted to be in Trinity College. Talk about how you had a friend who was in Halls last year (even if you didn't) and how the JCR and everything else in Halls helped them make lots of new friends and that you hope to do the same. They'll love to hear that what they do in Halls is actually successful (which it is tbf). Other than that, the best way to secure a room is to be open to sharing a bedroom with someone else. It's much harder to get a single room.

Sorry Bazinga , but I really would not do this. Having worked in TCD in this area, what they are really looking for is students who could benefit from being surrounded by a new community because otherwise they would be alone.

It could be perceived that if OP knows people in Darty from the year before the OP has an opportunity to house share with them this year. (which many others do not)

The ethos would be fitting for a student who is coming from a close knit background and would feel somewhat out of sorts living outside of a campus atmosphere in the Greater Dublin region alone.

I would recommend the OP portrays their concerns about living with strangers in Dublin as I am sure it is very new to the OP. I'd also suggest the OP informs them of his/her concern in fitting in and making new friends as it doesn't come easily to them...

If you mention the JCR and previous knowledge of Halls, they will presume you are months ahead of the rest and don't need any upward mobility on the list.

If the OP would like to PM feel free

Advertisement