Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,916 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That is shaping up very nicely indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Loved it when he dropped into the 'dark zone'. Really wish this game was out this year, too much out early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Loved it when he dropped into the 'dark zone'. Really wish this game was out this year, too much out early next year.

Didnt like the staged "look up" then "know" the way out, we all gonna die down there :D

Stopped watching then in case more spoliery things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Everything looks good except for the hookshot. Dissapointed to see it's back because it really ruins the parkour in the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Everything looks good except for the hookshot. Dissapointed to see it's back because it really ruins the parkour in the 1st game.

Ah I dunno about that. It was a relatively late game addition iirc, and I didn't use it very often. I think it's great for a bind, but maybe it was my playstyle to continue as I was all along and only use it in emergencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

By the time i got the grapple in the first game i was pretty glad to have it. Climbing vertically in the game was a bit of a chore.

Traversing accross the map was fine,but when you needed to go straight up,i found it a welcome addition

It had huge range vertical and horizontal. Made a joke of the parkour where all yid need to do is jog a bit here and there so as not to 'overheat' it. To climb practically anything was pointless because you could just vault off a wall and off ya go doing the spider-man thing. I got it dropped on me the minute I played online with people although I didn't use it which just made me fall behind in any lobbies and make everyone question why am I using parkour.

I think it should've been limited to the PvP part of the game where it's vital to keep up with the mutant player but again they could've just balanced the mutant there, too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Strongly disagree, by the time they gave it to me in the game, I'd had enough of the parkour. It's good, but I was approaching the end and I just wanted to get through it.

It seems to be available very early according to the latest demo... but it also looks like it behaves differently so I guess we'll see. I hope there's a difficulty that disables it. I remember I couldn't use certain weapons or airstrikes because I was playing on the hardest mode. Surprised hookshot wasn't in that list as it was way stronger than any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just watched this video today , colour me impressed. Doubt I will pay it straight away though as its release date looks close to cyberpunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Now... where's Dead Island 2?

Seems to have fallen off the edge of the world.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Now... where's Dead Island 2?

Seems to have fallen off the edge of the world.

In August just gone, development changed to Dambuster Studios, an internal studio of Deep Silver. It will still allegedly be made, but I reckon Dying Light made them crap themselves, and with DL2 coming out, they're probably reluctant to release near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I feel I must apologise to everyone.... All these delays have come to light because I've just finished ordering parts for my new PC :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Outside of Cyberpunk, this was the only game I was planning on buying for the coming months. Ah well, at least I still have Ori 2 coming via gamepass.

At this stage, I kinda feel like I may as well just wait for the next gen of consoles to play these.

Chriiiiist on a bike! Never trusting a release date again. If resi 3 gets delayed.... I'll post on here about how angry i am. It's the only game left I've really been looking forward to that hasn't been delayed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So basically its delayed indefinitely, great !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id love to play the game as early as i can but at the same time im also tired of games releasing half baked.

Id rather they get it right than shoving it out the door just to meet a corporate deadline.

Wonder if its the new consoles releasing this year that has added time to development for a good few games.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id love to play the game as early as i can but at the same time im also tired of games releasing half baked.

Id rather they get it right than shoving it out the door just to meet a corporate deadline.

Wonder if its the new consoles releasing this year that has added time to development for a good few games.

I'd say it's more that people are fed up with games being released broken, so devs are delaying games to concentrate on testing and fixing bugs. I can see any future games that gets announced not be given a release date until half way through development and more time being given to QA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reckon its the new consoles meself, not everyone can pull off a GTA5 released on old and new and still sold stupidly well on both.

• Advertisement

Probably a bit of both, but I also reckon it's because crunch is on the table as something that needs to go, so maybe this is the result, which I'm ok with.

I think i'm going to have to go the same route with games as I do with films. Hear the announcement and ignore everything to do with it until it's actually released.

The Collector's Edition for the game was briefly listed on a Czech website before being removed. I wonder if this means an announcement is imminent?

Story on Eurogamer.

EB games Australia listed the release date as 25th may before taking it down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    The Collector's Edition for the game was briefly listed on a Czech website before being removed. I wonder if this means an announcement is imminent?

Story on Eurogamer.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    EB games Australia listed the release date as 25th may before taking it down.

Don't be getting yer hopes up, these things happen all the time, its just EB games or whoever trying to get people to go in store to pre-order, not a hope it will be out this year.

So a teaser for an announcement that will more than likely be a 'we're still working hard, late 21/22 release'?

Hopefully it's too announce a summer release but the way they say dev update doesn't really fit that.

This is from a DL2/Techland moderator on Discord;

547077.jpeg

Appreciate the honesty, I'd like to see more of that going forward. A nice side effect of this approach is it might kurb some entitled peoples outbursts.

• Advertisement

They're still saying 2021, at least for now.

Advertisement