Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,888 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Update: Smyths now selling back 4 Blood on ps5 for 20 euro and you can then get dying light from Gamestop for 20 so a total of 40 quid. Serious bargain.

I saw Dying Light devs have been putting up some Lore videos to go along with the new game, this one is class. Hopefully we get to meet The Jonah in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First 2 hours of the game have been leaked on YouTube

I read that but definitely avoiding it as i want the intro to be a complete surprise.

Currently reading the official comic, whole thing in link below, supposedly the same Banshee pops up in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Release date changed on steam from the 4th to the 5th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Review embargo lifts tomorrow, 3pm our time

This is great to hear. The devs saw that most players were skipping night in the first game as there wasn't much motivation to actually do night runs other than the extra xp and lack of bandits to steal drops. DL2 will have much more reason to go out during the night which brings some the best parts of the gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Some retail copies are out in the wild, Techland has asked people to wait until the 4th as they will get a Day 1 patch with improvements over the last few weeks to play it as it was "meant to be played". People rightly asking how reviewers/influencers are meant to give an honest review if they won't have it as it was "meant to be played". Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Think I'm going to leave this for a few months now. I wasn't too happy to hear that it will use Denuvo anti-tamper on PC, but worse again is that they weren't even going to let players know - it was only discovered by a small update to the Steam DB a few days before the game actually launches. Douche move imo. At the very least I'll be waiting to see if performance is affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm definitely going to wait for a few reviews. I'm off for a week from this Friday with no plans, so it'll be hard, but I think jumping early on this might not be a good idea. Probably go physical and can at least trade it in against HFW if it's not playing well.

• Advertisement

They've definitely told people who got physical copies early to hold off for a day one patch.

Just read you can turn off enemy health bars which is a big deal for me. Nothing more immersion breaking than stealthing through a night section seeing health bars and level numbers over each zombie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Reviewing mostly well so far, looks like a solid 7 or 8.

Currently 78 average from 27 reviews on Metacritic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭brady12

reviews are disappointing so far for me im going wait until people play with day one patch and see what they think before buying

PC Gamer - A (sic) underwhelming story but a massive, exciting sandbox of parkour and kinetic combat.

Apparently the day one patch fixes a lot of bugs found in reviews but like someone mentioned above, why give a buggy game for review only to be stuck with an average score instead of delaying it 2 weeks to make the day one patch the review code. Obviously there will always be day one patches but it's a tough sell when they say don't listen to reviewers or early players.

I know this guy is a troll but this is incredibly sad to be spending so much time and energy on something so negative.

Reviewing well for my interests, sadly the inexplicable review will come (the zombies are people one, looking at Kotaku for that).

50 hour game doesnt have a great story, no **** sherlock........

.....hmmmm Steam doing it again

the first game reviewed similar on metacritic maybe even a little less ? and i played that last year and was a 10/10 for me . im going on a stag the weekend and by time i get back with people having played it for two days with patch it should be fine . i don't trust reviews after cyberpunk and 2042 anyways

• Advertisement

What I'm getting from reviews is that its really enjoyable, builds on the first game, just the story let's it down. Still sounds like a lot of fun to me. Worst case scenario I trade in for Horizon in 2 weeks time. Until then, bring on the zombies!

IGN reporting that the day 1 patch has over 1000 bug fixes.... wow.

That's crazy. I wonder ,if reviewers had that patch would their score change by much ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Unless it’s ‘1,000 minutes of tedious open world bloat’ that’s been fixed, I doubt a patch would move the needle on the middling reviews I’ve read.

ACG not even giving proper review since game so buggy

ya and he saying even if he did he would say wait for sale on single player . i was debating whether play this on ps5 or series x but by sounds of it seems be pc job ? iv a 3060ti be better play it on pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I like the sound of all the positives with this game and I've looked through a lot of reviews so far. The day one patch will hopefully tidy things up anyway. I was one of the ones who got Cyberpunk day one and had very little issues so I guess im gonna have to judge this game myself as well. It's improved on the first game which I enjoyed that alone should sell it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Looking at this video bugs aside, it looks like an improvement on the original dying light which I had a blast with. Not really there for the story tbh and kyle crane had as much emotional range as a box of cornflakes in the original.

Shame Co-op wasn't ready for review fairly bad to ship it when its touted as one of the main features. Also the campaign also only continuing on the host side and not the people that join is a bit annoying it should be more like outriders

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So long as they didn't tie salaries and bonuses to the metacritic score, then that's a relatively refreshing approach to it. I came late to Dying Light, so it had the benefit of dozens of patches at that stage, here's hoping they polish this one as much.

Advertisement