Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 50 year old neighbour on Disability

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

To be honest , I'm a bit disappointed in the efforts of the AH community to help this gentleman gain some catharsis. So many pages in and not one of yis has mentioned scat revenge [don't Google that]
    This is how it's done folks...

2 words

Liquid Ass

Spray around the perimeter of your driveway. You'll never see him or any potential car scratcher again.

Check out Amazon reviews for it's potential uses.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liquid-Ass-Mister-Fart-Spray/dp/B000OCEWGW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

damianch wrote: »

The first thing he tells me is that he is on disability and he pays something lile 13 euro a week rent. So thats cool. Means nothing to me.

I own my house outright .

Yeah, Sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I-am-not-saying.jpg

yep, when cannot pull a sentance together yourself , send a meme and pither away.

Your problem is why buddy?? Any balls to ask ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP ;just read your other thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057880774

Interesting correlations.

The real problem here is maybe YOU.

And I feel for your neighbour .

Wondering what your work is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Have a bit of respect for your neighbors and stop throwing all day party’s and you won’t get your car keyed.

Yeah, I have zero sympathy for you over your keyed car TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

No on his legs, sure he isn't using them

My neighbour is a nightmare. At home all day. Nothing to do except grind up his hatreds and cause problems. Same with his alcoholic ex wife - now gone thank God. Im years with problems with them and the gaurds will do nothing. Changed garda stations and the attitude changed 100% - first thing they said : get cctv. It allows them to push in and act without an I say you say fight. There are now night sensor infrared cameras you can get on amazon -small and discreet & viewable on your phone. Get one and mount it up. You parking in the visitors will cause problems and resentment with people who have visitors and need the parking space. Put a cctv sticker on your door and spend the e100. In the meantime find out through yer man who he rents from -housing agency or council or housing charity - some of the new housing charities that have thousands of houses throw people out under the terms of their leases for antisocial bahaviour and criminal behaviour. If it is him you might get him that way or have him worried enough to stop.

It might well be a surprise and be the other neighbour or some other silent hater.

Yeah, Sure.

You don't think he pays 13 quid a week?

Love people who highlight things and then go " Ah sure" and then wander off... What do you ? A receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

This is what comes from living on top of each other in estates. Sell your gaff and move to the countryside OP and have barbecues all the live long day. Sure the neighbour - disabled, 50, whatever - will be too busy burning the gorse, his plastic silage coverings and the forests to care. Some of us don't even bother to wash our faces out here. And your car will be so spattered with cow****e too, that no one will bother to key it.
    :)

• Advertisement

yep, when cannot pull a sentance together yourself , send a meme and pither away.

Your problem is why buddy?? Any balls to ask ??

I read that and wonder how it's me that can't pull a sentence together. But anyway...

I'm guessing you work and paid for your house. Your neighbour has some half-arsed disibility that means he pays 13 quid a week for the same as you have and that irks the **** out of you as it would most people. You move in spoiling his peace and quiet and as revenge for having his serenity spoiled by some noisy neighbour he is keying your car. You are annoyed by this logically but also by that fact that in your view he is a layabout sponger.

Graces7 wrote: »

Wow you did some research, and no, you are wrong. Completely different thing. Nice try tho to illigitamise my question.

It's just amazing that you ask a question about keying cars and then you get a barrage of folk like you trying to undermine them ...

It's also a massive leap for you to assume that if I worry about being awkward in public as a single male after the Mark Hennessy killing of Jastine Valdez, that I should not complain about my someone keying my car. How dare you !

How Dare You

You are horrendous to imply that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just change the title of the thread OP. It'll be easier for you to get the suggestions or answers you are looking for.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

I used to wait on tables in a trendy restaurant. Someone was grabbing the tips left on tables; all suspicions turned to the angry, antisocial person that nobody liked and everyone accused of skiving off.

One night I popped my head up over the back of a booth to make a friendly remark to the most popular staffer in the place - who was scooping up a generous tip left for the person who'd served the table - their best friend. Later I asked the server if they'd got their tip, and they said "What tip?"

It's not always the person you think is doing it who's doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭xl500

"Originally Posted by Jim Bob Scratcher View Post
    1. Throw another big party with plenty of music
    2. Stake out the area all night where you car is parked
    3. Ring the guards

Problem solved"

I reallt like this idea , thanks Bob. And i will also warn some of my mates to film anything they see relating to him.

I love clear concise points

The fact that you really like this idea tells me you dont really care about your neighbours either

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

No proof of that and suddenly this disabled man becomes a villain at CARS? Interesting development.

. You are annoyed by this logically but also by that fact that in your view he is a layabout sponger.

Not in one iota, I wish he was nice. Believe me or don't, but i never question his disability or his entitlement . I actually like the guy.

I think because of his disability and being somewhat cut off from the day to day that I am living he might harbor those feelings tho.

I'd never do anything to hurt anyone in his situation and I am delighted he has a house next to me. And I knew that before I bought the place. There is settled trevellers living in the same complex.

Unfortunately, people are scared of using words nowadays . Words like Black, Disabled, Jews, Arabs, Muslims.. They are words and they are used as a description.

And when someone uses a word like any of the above and others, the lay people jump on the bandwagon screaming atrocities .

I watched Gardai taking a man from a stadium at a GAA game for having a Palestine flag, the did it out of ignorance and presumed difference is wrong.

I said it before and will again, I came her for advice an some ass scratching my car...

Yet it highlights the BS of this site. Lynch mob sitting ant waiting. They need to get a life . Is their only outlet in life sitting on someones lip waiting to tangle their quotes. Bunch of wan.... k and s

No proof of that and suddenly this disabled man becomes a villain at CARS? Interesting development.

I wouldnt say that either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sell your house, use the money to see the world in style.

Disable yourself (method up to you) and get a house for 13euro per week off the state.

Live out your days keying your neighbour's cars.

• Advertisement

The car is all mine! Now with added scrathces :D And yes I paid for it all by myself after the little bit of money I had over from buying my home. I had 4k left, and i spent 3k on the car and spent the rest on something else

Ah, here. What did you spend the remaining grand on?

I must admit I do find it strange when people use search function on Boards to bring up people's previous posts. I never have done it - and I am very curious by nature, but still it never has occurred to me to look at people's previous posts....It kind of defeats the 'in the moment' nature of having forth online. I have had it done on me quite a few times - feels weird. Stalkerish, even. Imagine if in real time chats people with whom you were shooting the breeze suddenly broke off and said ''Ahem, contrary to what you have herein stated, it appears that at 4.05 pm on Thursday the 5th of December you in fact expressed an opinion....etc etc.'' :rolleyes: Haha. Anyways, as Walt Whitman said ''Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.''
    Here's to large multitudes within, human contradictions and the very ancient story-telling arts of embellishment, exaggeration, and hyperbole.

Excuse me but there was no snooping. Just noticed the unusual name, and unusua l ideas

Vile? he is spreading unproved gossip and allegations of criminal activity against a man who is already disadvantaged.

Discrimination?

Fairly easy for anyone local to see who this is.

I have had this done to me in the past and vile is not the word.

Just change the title of the thread OP. It'll be easier for you to get the suggestions or answers you are looking for.

I am only new on here so actually don't know how to. But it's fascinating looking at the group mentality of people on here.

I'll change it in a bit okay ;) But I just love the whole diatribe of ignorance .

Lets watch them

Malayalam wrote: »
    I must admit I do find it strange when people use search function on Boards to bring up people's previous posts. I never have done it - and I am very curious by nature, but still it never has occurred to me to look at people's previous posts....It kind of defeats the 'in the moment' nature of having forth online. I have had it done on me quite a few times - feels weird. Stalkerish, even. Imagine if in real time chats people with whom you were shooting the breeze suddenly broke off and said ''Ahem, contrary to what you have herein stated, it appears that at 4.05 pm on Thursday the 5th of December you in fact expressed an opinion....etc etc.'' :rolleyes: Haha. Anyways, as Walt Whitman said ''Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.''
    Here's to large multitudes within, human contradictions and the very ancient story-telling arts of embellishment, exaggeration, and hyperbole.

I did not do that nor ever would. As I have said I was just catching up on the forum, after a long night and noticed the name. Admitting I abhor the accusations the OP is making . correlate.

I did not do that nor ever would. As I have said I was just catching up on the forum, after a long night and noticed the name. Admitting I abhor the accusations the OP is making . correlate.

I believe you Grace. You were reading through the recent posts in After Hours and noticed the other post. I see that you often do that in the mornings as your comments are there on the first page when I log in. It was just a more general observation I was making.

Malayalam wrote: »

i agree thanks. It's fairly low brow to go after such previous posts in order to get ammo to throw in your face. Im glad Im knew here. And I will never be old here. Because this is a clique and a majorative group of pretty nasty people.

Meant to be a forum, nah. Don't try fool me on this ...

i agree thanks. It's fairly low brow to go after such previous posts in order to get ammo to throw in your face. Im glad Im knew here. And I will never be old here. Because this is a clique and a majorative group of pretty nasty people.

Meant to be a forum, nah. Don't try fool me on this ...

There is a clique element. It is not representative of real life. I imagine it drives a lot of people away. It certainly has done so to me in previous incarnations. But...meh...one also toughens up and learns to ignore animus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Call his bluff... key his car now and let him accuse you. Guilty mind and all that.

Funny you searched out my previous posts and chose this one and not my Mental Health ones ?

Do you not have the foot......balls to challenge me on Mental Health is it?

Lets all delve into your previous posts. I enourage folk to do so, I know I will

• Advertisement

Gone quiet now??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

OP, you can always leave a spycam in your car, aimed at the space between the two cars. There are lots of the things disguised as other stuff.

Funny you searched out my previous posts and chose this one and not my Mental Health ones ?

Do you not have the foot......balls to challenge me on Mental Health is it?

Lets all delve into your previous posts. I enourage folk to do so, I know I will

I did not search for your other posts. It was there..

You chose to post as you did. Had you just headed," I am new to this neighbourhood and someone is keying my car" you would have had the same practical advice many including myself have given you .

Posting as you did?

Over and out from me.

Rechuchote wrote: »
    OP, you can always leave a spycam in your car, aimed at the space between the two cars. There are lots of the things disguised as other stuff.

Yes i do agree with that, and see the logic. I didn't ever think it would be necessary .

But if I find out via cam that it is him, and prove it, i still live next to him.

"If" it is him, id prefer he didn't dislike or feel the need to do it. I don't want a hostile relationship with my neighbour. He is in 50s and I am in my 30s. I ain't moving and he probably won't as he has a sweet place. I just want a happy life and no trouble. I don't want this.

I did not search for your other posts. It was there..

You chose to post as you did. Had you just headed," I am new to this neighbourhood and someone is keying my car" you would have had the same practical advice many including myself have given you .

Posting as you did?

Over and out from me.

Oh that was it, great. At least we know... Whats your advice now my neighbour isn't 50 on disabilty and stays home all day then?

Who will we think it is???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hang on. Do you own your own house or have a mortgage?
    Hahaha you don’t have a house do you?

Mortgage holders do own their own houses (but the lender has a lien) - perhaps hit the dictionary before you try to act the smartass next time.

Thanks man !

Mortgage holders do own their own houses (but the lender has a lien) - perhaps hit the dictionary before you try to act the smartass next time.

what?

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Call his bluff... key his car now and let him accuse you. Guilty mind and all that.

Wish I could do that, just not in my thing. Would prefer he just stopped. Thanks tho

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yeah, I have zero sympathy for you over your keyed car TBH.
    What the hell? So some gutless wonder keys your car causing thousands of euro worth of damages rather than be an adult and directly confront you over whatever issue they had that's not worthy of sympathy? Jesus.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I read your question. I don't have a mortage. I bought my house outright. thanks tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I just want a happy life and no trouble. I don't want this.

Possibly your neighbour's thoughts too as he listened to his new 30-something year old neighbour next door throw a house party and play music all day. Obviously if it was him that keyed your car, that is an unacceptable response but there's no real evidence that he did it. Also, have you any notion of what his disability is (seeing as he was so up front)? Throwing it out there, but maybe it's sensory related and your party was incredibly uncomfortable for him. I think you should speak to him about the party you threw without any mention of the car. You have no evidence to go accusing him of anything but if you want to be a nice neighbour (and have that reciprocated) you should clear the air and say you hope the party didn't disturb him, and that in future you'll give him a heads up of any other such event you throw.

Wibbs wrote: »
    What the hell? So some gutless wonder keys your car causing thousands of euro worth of damages rather than be an adult and directly confront you over whatever issue they had that's not worthy of sympathy? Jesus.

I actually missed that losers point. I wouldn't say " thousands" was damaged , but it has put me off getting a new car .

I will sort it out in my own way I think. Looking for advice on here just seems to wake lots of angry men who are just looking for an argument ... I ain't their wife , let them go home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I will sort it out in my own way I think. Looking for advice on here just seems to wake lots of angry men who are just looking for an argument ... I ain't their wife , let them go home
    To be fair D going around calling people losers, primary school kids and angry men doesn't exactly help your case. Comes across as defensive and reactive and just escalates any negative feelings. Simply ignore those that need ignoring. A far better bet.

As for your keyed car: get cheap CCTV. Even the sight of cameras may put off the spineless prick who did it. If it doesn't you'll find out who it actually was/is. As others have said it's all too often not who you think it is. Groups tend to point to the different, the weird or whatever in their midst and also tend to suspect them for anything that goes on. Human nature. If you do get a clear picture, take it to the Guards as you have evidence. As it is it's hearsay and Guards well know the human nature aspects of this so will do nada, or advise you to do the above anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    Possibly your neighbour's thoughts too as he listened to his new 30-something year old neighbour next door throw a house party and play music all day. Obviously if it was him that keyed your car, that is an unacceptable response but there's no real evidence that he did it. Also, have you any notion of what his disability is (seeing as he was so up front)? Throwing it out there, but maybe it's sensory related and your party was incredibly uncomfortable for him. I think you should speak to him about the party you threw without any mention of the car. You have no evidence to go accusing him of anything but if you want to be a nice neighbour (and have that reciprocated) you should clear the air and say you hope the party didn't disturb him, and that in future you'll give him a heads up of any other such event you throw.

Thank you so much for such a thoughful response.

I didn't throw a party however. If i did throw a party, the neighbour 6 doors down would compain!

The only music I allow in my house after 11pm is via the TV.

I know, I'm a dick. Im also a secondary teacher in Ireland .

The guys disability is his back. He used to work at a job where he had to stand all day, and now he cannot stand. ( Thats what he told me)

I really like the guy, but I hate that he complains behind me and scratches my car.

I have moved my car and I hope he realises that with me doing this he should stop.

If I raise it with him, I can never unraise it. I cannot be a little bit pregnant .

I might let it go for 1 more week. before i get cameras.

I just dont want to be that person who has to have cameras on their neighbour. As I know he someones Dad etc
    I just makes me feel so sad and I hate conflict so much. Even on here . People just seem so nasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I just moved into a new house.

I had chatted to my new neighbour before, 50, fairly stable, on disability.

The first thing he tells me is that he is on disability and he pays something lile 13 euro a week rent. So thats cool. Means nothing to me.

Then he starts laying down the law of the land .

Started off fairly normal . He was complaining about the other neighbours etc.

But now its gone to a new level. Anytime I have a "late night" my car is scratched up a little bit more.

Last Sunday , it was an awesome BBQ day, so we had people over and had music playing etc throughout the day, as did many neighbours.

The next day my car was keyed from front to back.

I am not saying it is this guy next door, but one of the other neighbours met me on the street last Sunday and she said that he had complained to her about the direction of smoke from the BBQ. Her BBQ not mine.

I own my house outright .

I am not moving because of a busy nody next door neighbour

Will I tell him ?

The fact you included this irrelevant piece of info in the story would say otherwise;)

The guys disability is his back. He used to work at a job where he had to stand all day, and now he cannot stand me. ( Thats what he told me)

I really like the guy, but I hate that he complains behind me and scratches my car.

Fixed your post. Troll posts OP. Pure fantasy throwing in references for those easily outraged to bite at.

Wibbs wrote: »
    To be fair D going around calling people losers, primary school kids and angry men doesn't exactly help your case. Comes across as defensive and reactive and just escalates any negative feelings. Simply ignore those that need ignoring. A far better bet.

As for your keyed car: get cheap CCTV. Even the sight of cameras may put off the spineless prick who did it. If it doesn't you'll find out who it actually was/is. As others have said it's all too often not who you think it is. Groups tend to point to the different, the weird or whatever in their midst and also tend to suspect them for anything that goes on. Human nature. If you do get a clear picture, take it to the Guards as you have evidence. As it is it's hearsay and Guards well know the human nature aspects of this so will do nada, or advise you to do the above anyway.

I see what you are saying buddy, but remember I ain't running for any election .

I don't care if anyone likes me. I do what I do and I do what I think is right.

I am actually a teacher by trade , and I have never seen a scenario like this forum before. If my 1st years escalated into it I would cancel the program. Grown men in Ireland are, acting like children.

I asked a simple question, yet it turned into a hostile race debate... I guess that is the problem in Ireland now.

Not me and my neighbour. They dont care about me. And i don't need any inflating. I will write about this tho

I see what you are saying buddy, but remember I ain't running for any election .
    No, but I find when dealing with people what you put out, you generally get back. Human social dynamics and all that. I would bet the farm that if you'd come along and just said my car got keyed last night. I have my suspicions who did it, any advice? you would have gotten a very different overall response.
    I don't care if anyone likes me.
    Yep, you do. Humans are social animals. Individuals that don't actually care are the minority and it's rarely for the better.
    I am actually a teacher by trade , and I have never seen a scenario like this forum before. If my 1st years escalted into it I would cancel the program. Grown men in Ireland are, children.
    For a start a goodly chunk of those who replied to you are women. Secondly the interwebs tends to be reactive by nature when it comes to interaction. Outside of invite only socially "safe" areas like say Facebook groups. With open forums you get all sorts and again the vibe you put out reflects that which you get back. I suppose that's why open forums are less popular these days. Society is more reactive and people prefer agreement.
    I asked a simple question, yet it turned into a hostile race debate... I guess that is the problem in Ireland now.
    I didn't see any references to race? :confused:
    Not me and my neighbour. They dont care about me. And i don't need any inflating. I will write about this tho
    Dunno what the last bit means TBH, but again you only suspect this guy, you don't know it's him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement