Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing INFO thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/decathlon-plans-nine-outlets-for-ireland-starting-with-ballymun-1.3762912
    "
    This will be followed by a third store in the capital, before it shifts its focus to Cork and Galway by late 2020/early 2021, with the aim of ultimately having nine outlets in Ireland.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I've wondered that myself, maybe he's waiting for fairer weather??

Pity they made him remove his bench. I know planning has its place but more common sense could be used when it doesn't do any harm like the Claddagh Jewelry mural.

I saw him driving around last week. So presumably must be somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

O Reilly's in salthill is closed for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed for review.

Bunch of posts removed, thread opened again.

Remember this thread is really only for information to others on shops you yourself have seen opened or closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Dock bar/ no 1 dock Rd closed until further notice. Notices on doors n windows apologising for any inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bubble Bee looking like they're opening tomorrow, if not today, in Lower Abbeygate St where Orla's was. Looks like a dessert / ice-cream cafe - right in time for the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

McDonald's drive-through is reopening later today after a month long renovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

McDonald's drive-through is reopening later today after a month long renovation.

I assume that's the Headford road one?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

b.gud wrote:
    I assume that's the Headford road one?

Yes, sorry, I should have specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Galleon and ignition associated restaurants closed as per GBFM radio item.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Is ignition a company name?. Wow pretty big news..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Jesus. Closed for good? Can't find the story myself. MIL will be gutted :pac:

Is ignition a company name?. Wow pretty big news..

Roger O'Sullivan is the chairman of The Ignition Group, which owns The Galleon he is the son of the original owners after Lydons I think. They imigrated to Spain many years ago and left him in charge. They recently moved back to Ireland Approx 3-4 years ago I think.

The Ignition Groups website has been taken down as has the Galleon Bookface page.

Salt in the old Castle Inn building must be gone too so?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Is the Galleon closing for good? My parents love that place...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If that's permanent it's terrible news

Is the Galleon closing for good? My parents love that place...

According to GBFM they are unsure of the long term consequences and have reached out to the owners but have heard nothing back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Roger O'Sullivan is the chairman of The Ignition Group, which owns The Galleon he is the son of the original owners.

Grandson of the original owner actually. Very sad to see. Their Educogym in Knocknacarra seems to be closed as well.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Grandson of the original owner actually. Very sad to see. Their Educogym in Knocknacarra seems to be closed as well.

Originally owned by Lydons & then by Rogers parents no?

Originally owned by Lydons & then by Rogers parents no?

Exactly. Same thing.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Exactly. Same thing.

So Lydons daughter married O'Sullivan?

• Advertisement

So Lydons daughter married O'Sullivan?

Going off topic and a bit too personal

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

It would be shocking if the Galleon is gone for good. Always a reliable spot for 'meat and potatoes'-type food.

I got someone a Galleon gift voucher at Christmas which hasn't been used...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OwenHanley

galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/concerns-over-future-of-long-established-galway-catering-company/

Link to Galleon and Salt closing. No notice or comment. Wondering if staff were informed

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zeitner

OwenHanley wrote: »
    galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/concerns-over-future-of-long-established-galway-catering-company/

Link to Galleon and Salt closing. No notice or comment. Wondering if staff were informed

Salt Restaurant at Galway Crystal is now Poppyseed with all same staff retained

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

https://connachttribune.ie/galway-dealt-a-blow-with-loss-of-75-jobs-075/

H Samuel also going. +Footlocker + Galleon businesses
    Added to Dock Bar, and the Elverys closures a desperate month for retail /hospitality businesses in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

If true it would have taken a monumental cock up in business management to cause the Galleon to be brought down.
    That place has been consistently well run and had a loyal customer base for decades.
    I hope the lenders see sense as the best way of getting some of their investment back is by keeping the Galleon open as a going concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

youngrun wrote: »
    https://connachttribune.ie/galway-dealt-a-blow-with-loss-of-75-jobs-075/

H Samuel also going. +Footlocker + Galleon businesses
    Added to Dock Bar, and the Elverys closures a desperate month for retail /hospitality businesses in the city

Dock 1 is closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

zeitner wrote: »
    Salt Restaurant at Galway Crystal is now Poppyseed with all same staff retained

Well, that at least is good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 GALWAYGUY2019

<chat removed>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement