Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing INFO thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Grandson of the original owner actually. Very sad to see. Their Educogym in Knocknacarra seems to be closed as well.

Educogym on Kingston Road was open today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Educogym on Kingston Road was open today

Great to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

youngrun wrote: »
    https://connachttribune.ie/galway-dealt-a-blow-with-loss-of-75-jobs-075/

H Samuel also going. +Footlocker + Galleon businesses
    Added to Dock Bar, and the Elverys closures a desperate month for retail /hospitality businesses in the city

The article is dated 1 Feb and says that H Samuel is closing at the end of the month. In fact it's closed now (big sign on the window) and staff are packing it up this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭barry181091

How does one find out the receiver or accountant for the Galleon? Have a large voucher for it and will fight to get my money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

There are plans for a new discount foodstore at Wellpark in the city.

Radical Properties Limited has applied for planning permission for the change of use of Units 5 and 6 at Wellpark Retail Park from bulky retail use to a discount supermarket and off-licence.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Interesting, I wonder could it be another LIDL?

How does one find out the receiver or accountant for the Galleon? Have a large voucher for it and will fight to get my money back!

Reopening tomorrow inder the previous GM, according to Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1540775602720514&id=435870759877676

Not sure if they have to honour vouchers - but it would be a PR nightmare not to.

39e3fd1e7c.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Hope she makes a few changes back to what it used to be. Good news overall though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Radical Properties Limited has applied for planning permission for the change of use of Units 5 and 6 at Wellpark Retail Park from bulky retail use to a discount supermarket and off-licence.
    I posted about that a couple of months ago, Lidl going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Parking is going to be an issue,. LIDL (i imagine) will generae a lot more traffic that PC World did.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

39e3fd1e7c.jpg

Great to see some opening-up news for a change after all the closing downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Parking is going to be an issue,. LIDL (i imagine) will generae a lot more traffic that PC World did.

Yeah, I was surprised to find the underground parking in Wellpark nearly 100% some weekends (and that's with a good few empty shops). The only time I go to Lidl is when I get my NCT because the parking doesn't suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Did anybody mention the hat shop in the basement of Corbett court has been replaced by the Eastern European handmade cosmetics shop. So that has moved twice over the last year.
    I assume it is a more prominent spot next to the escalator than the premises it moved into last year. I don't think there's much, if any, increase in size.

Yeah, I was surprised to find the underground parking in Wellpark nearly 100% some weekends (and that's with a good few empty shops). The only time I go to Lidl is when I get my NCT because the parking doesn't suck.

Not 100% sure, but the last two time i saw the underground car park full, there was a match on nearby.

Stevolende wrote: »
    Did anybody mention the hat shop in the basement of Corbett court has been replaced by the Eastern European handmade cosmetics shop. So that has moved twice over the last year.
    I assume it is a more prominent spot next to the escalator than the premises it moved into last year. I don't think there's much, if any, increase in size.

Yes, the shop is noticably busier now than it was.

The other side of the corridor filled up over Christmas but has three empty units in a row now.

The convenience shop at the corner of Abbeygate and Market streets is closed: shutters down and a to-let sign in the window.

Fitout work happening during the week in the former Vina Mara premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Shop being fitted out beside Bierhaus in Dominick St. Can't think what used to be there before this.

westgolf wrote: »
    Shop being fitted out beside Bierhaus in Dominick St. Can't think what used to be there before this.

Right side was Deli la Tasca, left was a house i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

Used to be a butchers shop for many years. Has been in its current state of semi-development for a good few months now though, with little sign of opening yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is Fat Freddy's closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Is Fat Freddy's closed?

Posted on Facebook an hour ago so I'd think not. https://m.facebook.com/FatFreddysRestaurantGalway/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Pedant alert,it's not domnick st ,that ends at pump lane ,think it's Henry st

Posted on Facebook an hour ago so I'd think not. https://m.facebook.com/FatFreddysRestaurantGalway/

Whatever about their Facebook, this is how the restaurant looked just before 7pm yesterday. Menu board contents removed. No signs in the windows.

473024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    Is that a pile of vomit on the left in the photo? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They were still updating their Facebook page as of two hours ago so...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^^^^
    Is that a pile of vomit on the left in the photo? :eek:

Lol. It was Donegal spewsday after all.

Arghus wrote: »

And they are open again today.

A sign outside with days / hours open wouldn't go amiss: it looked seriously odd them being closed yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Arghus wrote: »

You can schedule posts on your Facebook page. They might have prepared and scheduled all their social media updates at the beginning of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Harvey Norman site knocknacarra 18/02/19
    it0FKVe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Go HARVEY Gooooo!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement