Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing INFO thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

m17 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman site knocknacarra 18/02/19
    Wonder will it use the existing underground car parking entrance at the Gateway Retail Park? Or is a new entrance been created?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Anyone know what’s going into Footlocker

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Wonder will it use the existing underground car parking entrance at the Gateway Retail Park? Or is a new entrance been created?

Hoping they extend and add a new underground entrance closer to the school. The layout of the existing underground entrance is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Anyone know what’s going into Footlocker

Sketchers I heard.

smurf492 wrote: »
    Hoping they extend and add a new underground entrance closer to the school. The layout of the existing underground entrance is terrible

Ya its pure daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ya its pure daft.

Yep, you have to traverse the entire overground car park to get to the underground entrance!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

smurf492 wrote: »
    They are adding a second entrance - directly onto the road.
    https://geo.galwaycity.ie/ePlan5/AppFileRefDetails/17158/0
    116 Bike Parking Spaces, 129 Basement Car Parking Spaces 22 surface car parking spaces (majority of surface are disabled parking spaces)

https://plan.galwaycity.ie/VirtualViewerNetHTML5/index.html?documentId=17158_DRAWINGS
    page 6 shows this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Headlines newsagents are gone in the corrib shopping centre after 27 years xl newsagents are taking over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Headlines newsagents are gone in the corrib shopping centre after 27 years xl newsagents are taking over

Happy days?

I was sort of wondering how long they would last after happy days going (not that their connected just newsagents that are around for years).

I haven’t bought anything there (or in happy days) for many many years but at one time I spent hours in both reading and buying car magazines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    American golf.

I’ll stick with Declan in Golfstyle myself.

Looks like most people stuck with Declan....shop closed with contact details for belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    Looks like most people stuck with Declan....shop closed with contact details for belfast

Jaysus, that was quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Looks like Mothercare will be closing or moving at the Eyre Sq Centre from July... "Available to move in: Monday 1st July 2019"
    Rent €185000 per year,
    Service Charges: €37,939 net p.a.
    Insurance Charges: €3,510 (2018 annual fee)
    Commercial Rates: €35,515

Wow that's a lot of expenses before you sell something

https://www.daft.ie/galway/commercial-property-for-rent/retail-units-for-rent/unit-122-123-eyre-square-shopping-centre-galway-city-galway-795001/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Looks like Mothercare will be closing or moving at the Eyre Sq Centre from July... "Available to move in: Monday 1st July 2019"
    Rent €185000 per year,

https://www.daft.ie/galway/commercial-property-for-rent/retail-units-for-rent/unit-122-123-eyre-square-shopping-centre-galway-city-galway-795001/

So you'd need to make a profit of over a quarter of a million just to cover the cost of the premises :eek:

No wonder retail is struggling so much.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Rent €185000 per year,

Jesus. Rates and Service Charges? They'd want to be carrying you to work on a golden throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Sadly it means only corporate conglomerates can make a go in a space like that which doesn't even have an attractive location tucked downstairs. It would be suicide for a new local business to take on that debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Sadly it means only corporate conglomerates can make a go in a space like that which doesn't even have an attractive location tucked downstairs. It would be suicide for a new local business to take on that debt.

Yup. Until we have all the same shops as every other city, which sell the exact same stuff you can order online from their parent company website for less money. Flawless plan. We'll all be rich yet lads :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

And not even Mothercare can make it work.

I reckon a lot of these units will be merged into a couple of megaunits on the lower floors of ESC and Corbetts, only the biggest will survive eg Sportsdirect, H&M, Penneys etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

brutes1 wrote: »
    And not even Mothercare can make it work.

I reckon a lot of these units will be merged into a couple of megaunits on the lower floors of ESC and Corbetts, only the biggest will survive eg Sportsdirect, H&M, Penneys etc

Mothercare are advertising for staff still, possibly they are just moving somewhere better for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Mothercare are advertising for staff still, possibly they are just moving somewhere better for them.

They are opening a new flagship store which will be their biggest in Ireland out in Wellpark retail park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

Jammyd wrote: »
    They are opening a new flagship store which will be their biggest in Ireland out in Wellpark retail park.

I thought Lidl were going out there in Wellpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ratracer wrote: »
    Jammyd wrote: »

They are.

We'd need a source for the Mothercare comment. There are more empty units out there though,former Maplin one and one beside or a further one down.

They are.

We'd need a source for the Mothercare comment. There are more empty units out there though,former Maplin one and one beside or a further one down.
    It is for rent on daft.... they haven't closed yet but it says it will be available from July..... Pretty clear there no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

They are.

It is for rent on daft.... they haven't closed yet but it says it will be available from July..... Pretty clear there no?
    Read the one I responded to, not your post.

Read the one I responded to, not your post.

Woops, sorry. That's good news so. I'd wonder what unit in wellpark though. Aren't dfs and lidl already going.in there....

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

They are.

Can’t provide a link as this was told to me by someone who works quite senior for that company, wellpark has been on the cards for years, you’ll have to trust it’s accurate I’m afraid 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ratracer wrote: »

LIDL are going into the old PC World Unit, but there are 3/4 empty units in Wellpark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

LIDL are going into the old PC World Unit, but there are 3/4 empty units in Wellpark

That makes sense except for the parking. I'm well aware that many fight it out for a surface spot but we tend to always go underground. What surprised me last year was certain days nearly every last space underground was full. So I wonder what a big weekly shop would look like being that there's no underground entrance adjacent to the old PC World store and I'm not sure if the one by Maplin can lock the trolley wheels in place like knocknacarra dunnes (not rahoon).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

That makes sense except for the parking. I'm well aware that many fight it out for a surface spot but we tend to always go underground. What surprised me last year was certain days nearly every last space underground was full. So I wonder what a big weekly shop would look like being that there's no underground entrance adjacent to the old PC World store and I'm not sure if the one by Maplin can lock the trolley wheels in place like knocknacarra dunnes (not rahoon).

Lidl have proposed adding a lift as part of the planning application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I wonder if it's possible to dig out some more spaces directly under the Woodies side of the carpark?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement