Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing INFO thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

J o e wrote: »
    Aldi Westside is open again today. Couple of photos on the link below.

"Drop by and check out its exciting new Project Fresh design. Thanks to all our customers for bearing with us during the renovation works."
    https://www.facebook.com/AldiIreland/posts/2237623459633573

Can't see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Can't see!

It's only 2 pictures of fridges so you're not missing too much :D
    Hopefully the car park is fixed up a bit. You nearly need the wellies to get through it. Inside the shop was fine. Didn't they renovate a few years ago too?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Can't see!
    Such innovation
    D0U5oz7WoAUUZ56.jpgD0U5qQ5X4AEf_Dy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Same layout as knocknacarra pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Is it conscious competition with LIdl? Doughiska shop just refurbished, redesigned interior and brought in fridge designs like the UK branches. Which i guess mean you have to bend over a bit less than the old chest style ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Dunnes knocknacarra is going to be made bigger they have brought one of the units next door where havery norman is going it will be 5,000 square ft bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

m17 wrote: »
    Dunnes knocknacarra is going to be made bigger they have brought one of the units next door where havery norman is going it will be 5,000 square ft bigger

Very interesting. Presume it will this give access to the new underground car park as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

FitzShane wrote: »
    Part of Monroe's isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Part of Monroe's isn't it.

ah! if that's it, it has been open for a long time already. I was in there NYE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, a bit odd. It's been open for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Arghus wrote: »
    Yeah, a bit odd. It's been open for months!

Not at all odd.

The formal opening / PR launch is often months after something really opens.

In this case, just at the right time to get into the media immediately before paddies day.

There is a graphic of the new extension to the Knocknacarragh retail park in the advertiser with names on the shops like Zaza, Costo, Bear and Pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

There is a graphic of the new extension to the Knocknacarragh retail park in the advertiser with names on the shops like Zaza, Costo, Bear and Pull.

Is Zaza - Zara?

Sorry I don’t have the advertiser.

A "Bear and Pull" would work very well in Galway imo.

Maybe not ideally located in Knocknacarra though!

Whoever mocked it up - I presume the developer - used the real brands of Dunnes and Harvey Norman but made up ones that sound similar to real companies to put on the other units.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Is Zaza - Zara?

Sorry I don’t have the advertiser.

No unfortunately not

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Whoever mocked it up - I presume the developer - used the real brands of Dunnes and Harvey Norman but made up ones that sound similar to real companies to put on the other units.

Who needs Brown Thomas when you've got BT3

Rider Island is really terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

And Superwet LOL!!

Whoever designs the labels for Aldi must have changed jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Honest kitchen in Knocknacarra seems to have changed it's name to seacrest kafe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

According to the trib, Salthill post office is moving to O'Connor's shortly,
    anyone know where exactly?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

westgolf wrote: »
    Honest kitchen in Knocknacarra seems to have changed it's name to seacrest kafe ?

I knew those sneaky bastards couldn't be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

westgolf wrote: »

I knew those sneaky bastards couldn't be trusted.

I guess they may have got into trouble with the dog food company of the same name.

The short-lived chipper in Cross St is being renovated again.

It's right next door to the so-called "Tigh Nora's" which had its doors closed today at a time when the rest of the Front Door was open, and a brief peek thru the door suggested it's being renovated in a similar style.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The short-lived chipper in Cross St is being renovated again.

It's right next door to the so-called "Tigh Nora's" which had its doors closed today at a time when the rest of the Front Door was open, and a brief peek thru the door suggested it's being renovated in a similar style.
    How is it so called? That's it's name!!!

How is it so called? That's it's name!!!

Like Sonny Molloys, it's just another entrance to the Front Door. Same staff work all the bars inside.

Will be interesting to see what brand gets put on the new door - if that is indeed what is happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Like Sonny Molloys, it's just another entrance to the Front Door. Same staff work all the bars inside.

Will be interesting to see what brand gets put on the new door - if that is indeed what is happening.

Looks closed day time today also. Maybe opening later instead
    City centre pubs are quiet daytime , Cafes have taken over

Fritto restaurant beside TN being refitted

Diamonds and Gold closed

new tattoo place in Kirwans lane

All change

St Columba's credit union have closed their branch in Galway Shopping Centre. Services transferred to Mervue, Eyre Square and Oranmore. Big sign on the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bredabe wrote: »
    According to the trib, Salthill post office is moving to O'Connor's shortly,
    anyone know where exactly?

New Post Office premises is gonna be in Centra from what I heard and Go Dutch is going to take the old PO premises.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement