Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing INFO thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Are they any good? It's chips & gravy, right?
    Guess I can say I was one of the lucky few to visit Paddy's Poutine :pac:

It was okay. The burger seemed to be made with quality meat.

The poutine itself was okay. The fries weren't crispy, even considering they were done in the gravy. The gravy itself was oddly gritty. It was okay. I left not exactly rushing to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Are they any good? It's chips & gravy, right?

Chips, cheese curds and gravy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

New local on-line paper\publication started by a group recently graduated from NUI Galway with their Master in Journalism degrees.

Galway Daily

Only came across it today so don't know when it went live.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

New local on-line paper\publication started by a group recently graduated from NUI Galway with their Master in Journalism degrees.

Galway Daily

I came across it a few weeks ago. They have similar content to the Connachat Tribune and the Gaklway Bay FM websites, but from what I've seen so far, the pieces appear to be far better written

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Pen Rua wrote: »
    The poutine itself was okay. The fries weren't crispy, even considering they were done in the gravy. The gravy itself was oddly gritty. It was okay. I left not exactly rushing to get back.

Isn't it also supposed to have cheese curds? Mad sounding Canadian thing. I'm sure it's nice for a reason but might not work well with ahh! Bisto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Galway Daily

Started following it a few weeks ago. Articles seem well written and to the point and don't just have ads disguised as articles like some of the other local news online sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Started following it a few weeks ago. Articles seem well written and to the point and don't just have ads disguised as articles like some of the other local news online sites.

Some of them leave you wondering if its a local version of Waterford whispers, or if somrthing that crazy really did happen.

Which may be the intention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I came across it a few weeks ago. They have similar content to the Connachat Tribune and the Gaklway Bay FM websites, but from what I've seen so far, the pieces appear to be far better written

Whatever about the Tribune (though I disagree that the new one is 'far better written' necessarily) the GBFM website is just radio scripts posted on a website so you can't really compare them at all.

Galway Daily is really gearing to try and become the Journal.ie of the West.

It does have excellent and really varied court coverage though in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Articles seem well written and to the point and don't just have ads disguised as articles like some of the other local news online sites.

Just out of curiosity, what local news have ads disguised as articles? Ads for what? The only one I can think of is the Advertiser, but I wouldn't quite consider that a 'news' source....it's more of a community notes sort of publication.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There is a new restaurant opening across the road from the Dail. Freshii seemed the be the name on the sign.

Another cafe is opening up from cps. Currently being fitted out anfora is the name over the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Just out of curiosity, what local news have ads disguised as articles? Ads for what? The only one I can think of is the Advertiser, but I wouldn't quite consider that a 'news' source....it's more of a community notes sort of publication.

It would have mostly been the advertiser I was referring to to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

There is a new restaurant opening across the road from the Dail. Freshii seemed the be the name on the sign.

Another cafe is opening up from cps. Currently being fitted out anfora is the name over the door

LOVE Freshii, they do lovely fresh veg based foods and what look like small buckets of soup, my fav being the tortilla one. :):):):)

The layout and new staff can make it a bit chaotic tho.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Bredabe wrote: »
    LOVE Freshii, they do lovely fresh veg based foods and what look like small buckets of soup, my fav being the tortilla one. :):):):)

The layout and new staff can make it a bit chaotic tho.

Any idea how late they stay open to?
    Their website hasn't updated with the Galway outlet yet.

About 7 pm in the branches in Dub City Centre.

Salthill Social have a sign on their window,
    reopening shortly as Gourmet Foodmarket(or the like), restaurant, catering etc.

Freshlii Galway isn't actually open yet: their branding is on the windows with Opening Soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

C'est La Vie had their launch this evening and are open tomorrow for business, French cafe/bakery in the Terryland retail park next to the fruit and veg place.

http://www.cestlaviegalway.com/about/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Bredabe wrote: »
    Salthill Social have a sign on their window,
    reopening shortly as Gourmet Foodmarket(or the like), restaurant, catering etc.

These guys I think: www.gourmetfoodparlour.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Or is it these guys?! www.gourmetparlour.com/page/Home/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The Charity shop in Liosban Business Park has relocated to a different place within the Park near to Colleran's Meats.

• Advertisement

bobbyss wrote: »
    The Charity shop in Liosban Business Park has relocated to a different place within the Park near to Colleran's Meats.

What charity is it run by or for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What charity is it run by or for?

I'm not sure who it's run by but it was for Autism I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Bradley motors premises on Tuam road and Dublin road to become part of the Windsor group. It was mentioned here some time back I think. Tuam road to be a renault dealership as before and dublin road to be a dacia dealership, no mention of the Jaguar or land rover franchises

Source: independent.ie (motoring section)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

westgolf wrote: »
    Bradley motors premises on Tuam road and Dublin road to become part of the Windsor group. It was mentioned here some time back I think. Tuam road to be a renault dealership as before and dublin road to be a dacia dealership, no mention of the Jaguar or land rover franchises

Source: independent.ie (motoring section)

Will the Bradley name be retained or are they exiting the trade very long established must be nearly 50 years in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Or is it these guys?! www.gourmetparlour.com/page/Home/

Mostly Harmless is absolutely right. The sign on the window says Gourmet Food Parlour. Looks like a very professional operation so will be interesting to see what the Galway site has to offer when it's up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

youngrun wrote: »
    Will the Bradley name be retained or are they exiting the trade very long established must be nearly 50 years in it

No mention of the Bradley name at all. Windsor Renault and Windsor Dacia are the names mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Taylor's opening tomorrow @5. Have a pint each for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

New Garda Station opening tomorrow opposite GMIT. Nothing like that new cell smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

[/S]

Mostly Harmless is absolutely right. The sign on the window says Gourmet Food Parlour. Looks like a very professional operation so will be interesting to see what the Galway site has to offer when it's up and running.

I live by the one one in Santry, amnd work by the one on Leeson Street. Which are very very much style over substance. It's not bad, but hardly great. As noted by people I know in the area, anyone we know who speaks highly of it is doing so to be seen as part of the tawdy dawdy/Celtic Tiger 2.0 scene.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement