Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing INFO thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

I live by the one one in Santry, amnd work by the one on Leeson Street. Which are very very much style over substance. It's not bad, but hardly great. As noted by people I know in the area, anyone we know who speaks highly of it is doing so to be seen as part of the tawdy dawdy/Celtic Tiger 2.0 scene.

Should fit in well in Salthill so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Creole after posting on their Facebook page that they are closing. A real shame. Only ate there twice but the food was top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Redo91 wrote: »
    Creole after posting on their Facebook page that they are closing. A real shame. Only ate there twice but the food was top notch.

Wonder is it closing with immediate effect? Haven't eaten there personally but had heard it was very good!!

testtech05 wrote: »

Wonder is it closing with immediate effect? Haven't eaten there personally but had heard it was very good!!
    Didn’t say on the post. Hopefully not as would love to have it again one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Handsome Burger moving

• Advertisement

Handsome Burger moving in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Be more burger places than pubs in the city at this rate

Wow really? Fair play to them. Wonder how it will affect business for both themselves and Caribou. It was a great combination (I’ve probably had Handsome Burger in there over a dozen times at this stage) but would be worried each might suffer without the other. That said it was a nuisance trying to get a table for food in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Be more burger places than pubs in the city at this rate

Yeah, people give out about all the doughnut shops, but how many burger joints do we need? They're also served in most restaurants and pubs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That said it was a nuisance trying to get a table for food in there.

I'm delighted. Their food is great but out of about 8 times I've tried to eat there, I've only managed to get food twice as the place has no seating available.

It must've been really hurting their potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

What’s the source on this? Wondering how Bótown will feel, and imagine if Paddy’s made it... Theee burger places close by.

I’ve been to Handsome once, we had to wait ~20 mins for the kitchen to clear the backlog of orders before we could. If this does line up, hope they get a bigger kitchen to handle it.

Heavy Man Films look to be moving into the old De Luxe shop by Taylors on Dominick Street. Saw their big neon sign in the unit when I passed the other night.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    What’s the source on this? Wondering how Bótown will feel, and imagine if Paddy’s made it... Theee burger places close by.

I’ve been to Handsome once, we had to wait ~20 mins for the kitchen to clear the backlog of orders before we could. If this does line up, hope they get a bigger kitchen to handle it.

Heavy Man Films look to be moving into the old De Luxe shop by Taylors on Dominick Street. Saw their big neon sign in the unit when I passed the other night.
    From someone involved. I think it'll be a bonus to both businesses. Caribou will get in a more focused food offering suiting their needs and Handsome can do their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

From someone involved. I think it'll be a bonus to both businesses. Caribou will get in a more focused food offering suiting their needs and Handsome can do their own thing.

Interesting that Caribou are getting their own food in, to still meet the needs of customers.

Handsome Burger are indeed delicious -probably the best in the city IMO (up there with Biteclub chicken burger).

Good luck to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FitzShane wrote: »
    Handsome Burger are indeed delicious -probably the best in the city IMO (up there with Biteclub chicken burger).

Have you tried chili shack? Only ate there once last summer but my son still talks about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Have you tried chili shack? Only ate there once last summer but my son still talks about it.

+1 for Chilli Shack their burgers are great.

I have, and a fair few times actually. I liked it at the start, they do good burgers don't get me wrong, but I think I just moved onto a new place and prefer Handsome now.

Wouldn't knock Chilli Shack to anyone who asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Tried Bo-town last weekend, v v good burgers/fries, still haven't tried Handsome Burger

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sherr Fitz real estate moving into half of the former Anglo bank building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Vina Mara is up for rent, months after it closed for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Former Farrell's photo premises in Woodquay cleared out and "premises to let" signage installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

westgolf wrote: »
    Former Farrell's photo premises in Woodquay cleared out and "premises to let" signage installed.

Farrells in business there a long time, Nearlyt sixty years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

nuac wrote: »

It's been closed for yonks now though, time something was done with it. I wonder what else could work there?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

nuac wrote: »
    They provided a fantastic service and a personal touch. Unfortunately technology has advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

That building was up for sake on daft the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Planning permission being sought to change 'The Bal' pub into as best I can make out apartments, god knows where the parking will be.

Work people spotted going into and out of the old 'Salthill Social' building.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Whatever happened to Boojum opening a 2nd store beside The Skeff? Have the plans been shelved?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1733222

The Gourmet Food Parlour opening in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Mary's fishmonger has taken over the old fisherman fishmonger in the shopping centre. Hasn't opened yet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Looks like Papa Rich bistro opening in Briarhill business park, in the Curleys furniture building. Not sure yet if it's getting their Asian or cafe menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Looks like Papa Rich bistro opening in Briarhill business park, in the Curleys furniture building. Not sure yet if it's getting their Asian or cafe menu.

Not sure - but this is their announcement and they open for business tomorrow: https://www.facebook.com/paparichwoodquay/posts/2145080595772799?__xts__[0]=68.ARBHx-0-I2Nr08KsLENq5gfrgRDlAajH5JC6_NdHcarkYBFIS96NdAxFEws5h8N32uxkzNwwmaTs53T7L-tyre7pROfX0G3bq0Ngpq-PuXkBVwIDn9DdS-Ylk1C2lZ-t0QHWUtH3lPDj&__tn__=C-R

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement