Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing INFO thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Former Westwood Hotel

1125ffd72a.jpg

3616eeb498.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Sad day for those in the Newcastle/Bushypark area, plenty of good memories in the new and old Westwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Former Westwood Hotel

1125ffd72a.jpg

3616eeb498.jpg

Feckin' students have it wrecked before they even move in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Not sure if its been reported but Lidl have signed a lease to open in the Wellpark Retail Park, this along with the soon to open DFS store should breath a bit of life back into that retail park

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jammyd wrote: »
    Not sure if its been reported but Lidl have signed a lease to open in the Wellpark Retail Park, this along with the soon to open DFS store should breath a bit of life back into that retail park
    Is there a link to any source?

• Advertisement

Is there a link to any source? I see work has begun on the first of the vacant units there.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Is there a link to any source?

its in CBRE's November Bi-Monthly Property Report

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Galway Hat Shop in Corbett Court have a sign in their window saying that after 29 (or some other big number) of years they're closing. They will continue to trade through http://www.hatshop.ie/

Bredabe wrote: »
    Chicken mince, anyone know where if any place sells it?
    That way >>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

That way >>>>>

Tks, blonde moment.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

McDonalds westside reopened

The former furniture store in Wellpark facing Galway Community College is being renovated - I presume DFS are going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The former furniture store in Wellpark facing Galway Community College is being renovated - I presume DFS are going in there.

Wasn't it posted that Lidl have taken a unit in wellpark

There are other empty units like the former Maplin and PC world. I guessed DFS were going in there because they seem to be more advanced in plans and already recruiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Has taht place been closed since 2008 or thereabouts. Have wondered why it never got rented out. But was surprised to see the Monivea rd side off the building last week when I walked by.
    THere were workmen around on the Dublin rd side too. I think they may have removed some of the trees between the building and the road too.

People seem to have been removing trees from various places around town all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

New Mexican fast food opened in oranmore 'banditos' was previously a food truck.

Stevolende wrote: »
    Has taht place been closed since 2008 or thereabouts. Have wondered why it never got rented out. But was surprised to see the Monivea rd side off the building last week when I walked by.
    THere were workmen around on the Dublin rd side too. I think they may have removed some of the trees between the building and the road too.

People seem to have been removing trees from various places around town all year.

Used to be Reed furniture. 10 years closed yes, Hard to believe in such a prime site. Just shows how bad things were
    I agree re the trees
    major cull across many areas this year. Maybe its the storms etc
    Wonder whether permission is needed and there is a public register as to where and when these are being cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Handsome Burger moving in there.

Handsome Burger had the soft opening last night; looks like they're planning the full launch Sunday. (Instagram)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Harvey Norman site at knocknacarra where the big hole was it's opening next September
    https://i.imgur.com/NygZG11.jpg

Wow big site, what else is going there, more retail units or just HN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

m17 wrote: »
    It's Harvey Norman and 10 other shops Costa Coffee and zara so far and there is also a drive tru KFC are taking that[/QUO

Is KFC opening there? has that been confirmed?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

This is where the westwood hotel used to be

https://i.imgur.com/hulcCyP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Edward Square in Mervue, is that meant to be a retail centre when it finally gets built? Any major outlet eyeing it up?

flazio wrote: »
    Edward Square in Mervue, is that meant to be a retail centre when it finally gets built? Any major outlet eyeing it up?

Edward Square is in the City centre not Mervue

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/edward-square-shops-fetch-5m-1.1696222

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Crown Square, easy mistake. Haven't seen any movement there as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

m17 wrote: »
    This is where the westwood hotel used to be
    Where did all the rubble go?

Martin Feeney Formalware 21, Upper Abbeygate Street, Galway are moving to Terryland in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

youngrun wrote: »

The Galway Independent changed to click bait crap so gradually, I didn't even notice!

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    The Galway Independent changed to click bait crap so gradually, I didn't even notice!

The Galway Daily has filled the gap exceedingly well

https://www.galwaydaily.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement