Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla pods

• 11-06-2018 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get vanilla pods for a decent price? Two cost me €7 in Tescos!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't think you'll get it any cheaper at the moment because the price of vanilla has reached a record high this year - and that's pushing up the price of things like ice cream too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lidl used to stick them. Not sure of price but would imaging it's less than €7!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Zero Point

Lidl used to stick them. Not sure of price but would imaging it's less than €7!
    I had seen this thread and I have been aware of the supply issue and high cost of vanilla for some time. I did happen to be in Lidl this evening. You are right. They have them for €2.49 for 2. I spotted them in the baking section and not the "specials" shelf which would seem to suggest they stock it on an ongoing basis.

Advertisement