Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcourt, Swords

• 11-06-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

What's this area like to live in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

Hi, I moved here about a year and a half ago and love it, is there anything you'd like to know in particular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Qrt

I'm not familiar but I'd see how far/close it is to the future MetroLink alignment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Qrt wrote: »
    I'm not familiar but I'd see how far/close it is to the future MetroLink alignment.

About 20 years distance the way infrastructure gets built in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Qrt

Spook_ie wrote: »
    About 20 years distance the way infrastructure gets built in Ireland.

...and if you buy a gaff there you'll typically plan on being there for 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭CWF

Acey10 wrote: »
    Hi, I moved here about a year and a half ago and love it, is there anything you'd like to know in particular?

Thanks. I have a car and all of that but is it generally quiet enough with shops nearby? Does traffic be grand around there? Thanks

• Advertisement

Qrt wrote: »
    ...and if you buy a gaff there you'll typically plan on being there for 20 years.

Only going to be renting for a year or two

CWF wrote: »

Thanks. I have a car and all of that but is it generally quiet enough with shops nearby? Does traffic be grand around there? Thanks

Yes it's a very quiet area, it's very near malahide and the estuary is lovely. It's a small estate, quiet, mostly families. The pavillions is about a 15 minute walk, aldi a 10 minute walk, 2 lidls nearby, near airside and Tesco in Holywell. There are plenty of buses that service the area, I work in swords so I drive and traffic is grand, depends on where you are going. I used to work in clontarf and traffic would be heavy at rush hour on the motorway. Hope this helps, any other questions let me know.

Yes it's a very quiet area, it's very near malahide and the estuary is lovely. It's a small estate, quiet, mostly families. The pavillions is about a 15 minute walk, aldi a 10 minute walk, 2 lidls nearby, near airside and Tesco in Holywell. There are plenty of buses that service the area, I work in swords so I drive and traffic is grand, depends on where you are going. I used to work in clontarf and traffic would be heavy at rush hour on the motorway. Hope this helps, any other questions let me know.

Thanks so much, you're very helpful. I'll be working 8.40 to 15:40 in Kilbarack so traffic shouldn't be too bad hopefully. Sounds like parking should be fine out there too so, that's great thanks. I'd be sharing with one other person I presume the houses are decently built, sound proofed well, good insulation...

CWF wrote: »

Thanks so much, you're very helpful. I'll be working 8.40 to 15:40 in Kilbarack so traffic shouldn't be too bad hopefully. Sounds like parking should be fine out there too so, that's great thanks. I'd be sharing with one other person I presume the houses are decently built, sound proofed well, good insulation...

No problem, the houses were built in the 80's so they are brick built, the ber is D2 which is ok, the winter here was fine, never hear a sound from the neighbours. The only fault is it's located beside the sewage plant so there can be a smell at times, not all the time though and the council are looking into doing something about it. But I wouldn't let that put you off, the benefits out way that to be honest.

Advertisement