Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running route Lucan to Merrion Square

• 11-06-2018 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi. What would be the best running route from Lucan to Merrion square. The best route with least stopping for traffic disruption.

The following appear to be the options;

1. The canal - never did this. Is it a disaster for traffic stops closer to city? And is it safe early morning?
    2. Via M4 paths into Palmerstown - Chapelizod - then along the liffey or up past Heuston?
    3. Via strawberry beds road into Chapelizod and on via Islandbridge into City - This route has no footpaths so probably more dangerous with traffic.

Not sure if there is any other options or which is best of the lot really?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Hi. What would be the best running route from Lucan to Merrion square. The best route with least stopping for traffic disruption.

The following appear to be the options;

1. The canal - never did this. Is it a disaster for traffic stops closer to city? And is it safe early morning?
    2. Via M4 paths into Palmerstown - Chapelizod - then along the liffey or up past Heuston?
    3. Via strawberry beds road into Chapelizod and on via Islandbridge into City - This route has no footpaths so probably more dangerous with traffic.

Not sure if there is any other options or which is best of the lot really?

Thanks

Hi,

I do this quite often, the route I run is the N4 via Palermston and Chapelizod onto the quays.

Soemtimes I run the canal from the inlaws, I come onto it at Crumlin. There is traffic but this is just a part of it.

You training for DM?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Hi,

I do this quite often, the route I run is the N4 via Palermston and Chapelizod onto the quays.

Soemtimes I run the canal from the inlaws, I come onto it at Crumlin. There is traffic but this is just a part of it.

You training for DM?

No not DCM. Will do a half in September and try get the time down on that.

Trying to fit in some longer runs and the commute to work would be ideal but obviously if stop starting for traffic it will be a waste of time. So its good to hear feedback from yourself and others who have done these routes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Tommy Max wrote: »
    No not DCM. Will do a half in September and try get the time down on that.

Trying to fit in some longer runs and the commute to work would be ideal but obviously if stop starting for traffic it will be a waste of time. So its good to hear feedback from yourself and others who have done these routes.

I wouldnt say it's a waste of time. You got to remember these runs are for your aerobic fitness at an easy pace. So the stop starting only happens in a few spots.
    I know alot of sub 3 hr marathon runners that run in from Lucan on this route.

Advertisement