Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Council General Operative Aptitude Test

Options
  • 11-06-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I recently received a letter telling me that I have to do an aptitude test for a General Operative position, having had many years in the construction sector I'm very comfortable with hands on jobs but anything to do with paper based tests has never been my strong point, has anybody any experience with an aptitude test by a county council for a General Op position

The letter states that I'll be questioned on the following items
    1. Knowledge of General Op role
    2. Knowledge of County Council Services
    3. Comprehension
    4. Maths & Numerical problem solving
    5. Situational Judgement
    6. Health & Safety

Obviously for 1 & 2 I can research these, 3,4 & 5 has me worried, what level would these questions be at? Junior & Leaving Cert? Also are they all multiple choice?

If anybody can shed light on this as I'd greatly appreciate as it would be very disheartening to fall at this hurdle for a Job that I'm more than qualified to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 feetofflames

Hi there,
    I just came on here as other half has applied for the Operative Job with local Council here and like yourself comes from a Construction background who can turn his hand to anything. Just wondering how did you get on with your aptitude test or did you get any tips for the test ? Hope you dont mind me asking. Cheers

Advertisement