Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultrasound

Options
  • 11-06-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm not sure where to post this. I'm a public patient with no health insurance and I'm on a 5 month waiting list for an ultrasound scan. Is it possible to get the scan done privately without health insurance? And if so, how much would it cost, roughly? Would I have to get it done in another hospital? I'm waiting for the appointment in Cavan General. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I had it done in Sports Surgury Clinic in Santry, think it was €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FinrinLobrich

I'm needing an operation on my back to remove a lump along my spine just under my shoulder blade and it's deep under the muscle. Would it still be possible to attend the surgeon in Cavan and get surgery there and only get the ultrasound done in the Sports Surgery Clinic? They're not sure what the lump is yet.

To clarify, go public with everything else and only private for the ultrasound? Sorry for all the questions. This only materialised today and I'm not sure what to do. There has already been a mix up with removing it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

yes that should work

Thank you for your help. I've just received an appointment for the scan in 3 weeks time

• Advertisement
Advertisement