Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger m77 stock info.

Options
  • 11-06-2018 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

After a lot of shooting I have finally found ammo that works realy well in my little m77 mark2 223. Hornady 40g vmax. I have ordered a Timney trigger kit to help improve a little more. I have floated the barrel aswell. And I can realy see a difference. I’ve been looking at a hogue stock that’s pillared and has a aluminum bedding plate. I love the look of it. My question is will the pillars and bedding plate improve accuracy even more. Is it worth the money for accuracy or is it a cosmetic thing. Any info from you lot much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Why not give it a go at bedding the action yourself ? It’s not rocket science. A dremel, workspace and a bedding kit from someone like Brownells and you’re good to go.

Will it improve the rifles accuracy? Most likely, I have done several of my own rifles over the years. The improvements have ranged from slight to excellent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

An Aluminium bedding block will provide some improvement however slight (by that i mean it could be a lot or could be a little improvement).

Depending on how you feel about your original stock for the same money as a new stock you could have it properly pillar and glass bedded which i think is a better option than a bedding block.

As said above you can do it yourself, but you need to do it slowly and methodically. Make sure everything is done right and you know what your removing because while you can remove material from your stock, you cannot put it back if you make a mistake.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement