Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identify these flowers? (Corkagh Park)

Options
  • 11-06-2018 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

We were in Corkagh Park yesterday having a picnic and I saw these lovely flowers in the Rose Garden section.

Can anyone identify any of them, I'd love to have them in my garden!

1)

453118.jpg

2)

453119.jpg

3)

453120.jpg

Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

1 campanula. bell flowers.Loads of varieties available, come in all sizes and in white and blue
    2 Cistus Shrub also in pink and yellow
    3 spirea, possibly snowmound, a shrub

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

wildwillow wrote: »
    1 campanula. bell flowers.Loads of varieties available, come in all sizes and in white and blue
    2 Cistus Shrub also in pink and yellow
    3 spirea, possibly snowmound, a shrub

Wow that was quick!, thanks :)
    Some shopping to do now!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Most gardens have campanula. It comes in variety from a few inches to about a meter in height. Very easy to grow from division which is done every couple of years. Have a look at friend’s gardens and ask for some in the autumn. They are perennials so will appear every year.
    The cistus doesn’t really like alkaline soil and is a short lived shrub. You will get longer in grown in the right conditions.
    Enjoy your gardening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

Being pedantic I know but no.2 is specifically a Halimiocistus, just in case you were after that particular one.

Advertisement