Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating sff books

Options
  • 11-06-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I need to clear out some space so I want to give away - in bulk, with very little hassle - about 400-800 books, mostly sff.

I've been told that libraries don't want donations, and the sff is probably a bit more niche than what I've seen in the local charity shops (and would also overwhelm their bookshelves).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

• Chapter's second hand.
    • sites like webuybooks.co.uk? (Not sure if they take stuff from Ireland)
    • Bookmooch
    • Post a list here and let people vulture it? ;)

Getting rid of that much as a block is tough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I could post a list, but honestly there's plenty of dross in there amongst the gems and I need to clear it in one lot... and I'm in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Any Mechwarrior/Battletech? :)

You could try contacting the head office for one of the larger charity shops. They may take it as a consignment and then parcel it out in chunks to several stores.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Very Generous, if you have any Hardback copies you are getting rid of, please drop me a PM. Nothing wrong with being in Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

you could try your local summer fair. ask the organisers if they want the books.

remember back in the day getting a box full of comics at one of these fairs

failing that try adverts or done deal as ajob lot. somebody will want them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Simon Charity Shops in Galway may well be interested: https://www.galwaysimon.ie/shops-home/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Advertisement