Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven fan intermittently fails to get up to speed

Options
  • 11-06-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey everyone.

I have Belling 492SS oven which is about thirteen years old, generally in good working order.

For the past few months, about 50% of the time when I turn on the fan oven the fan doesn’t rotate or rotates at a very slow constant rate. If I reach through the vent slots and give the fan a spin to help it get up to speed then the motor takes over and it comtinues on normally.

Should I dismantle the oven and give the fan a clean, perhaps build up of grease preventing rotation?

Or should I just order a replacement fan motor?

Or would it be worth my whole replacing the oven at this stage?

Thanks in advance for any advice from those who know these machines better than I...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

the problem with it is the motor bushings (bearings) are wearing or dry, the bush on the side nearest the back of the oven will be the culprit so if you can get some wd 40 or equivalent sprayed on to it, it will free it out. if not sorted it will cause element failure and then both will have to be replaced

Advertisement