Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Non-EU companies who sell into the EU bound by EU law?

Options
  • 11-06-2018 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

I've purchased a handbag on sale from an Australian retailer online and now that it's arrived one of the zips fell off on being first opened.

I'd like to return it for a refund as I'm not happy with the quality but they are saying that as it's a sale item that I'm only entitled to an exchange.

Anyone able to assist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

<SNIP>
    Did you pay using credit card or Paypal or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Quite a high end retailer which has annoyed me all the more with the lack of customer service

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Eoghan_2 wrote: »
    I've purchased a handbag on sale from an Australian retailer online and now that it's arrived one of the zips fell off on being first opened.

I'd like to return it for a refund as I'm not happy with the quality but they are saying that as it's a sale item that I'm only entitled to an exchange.

Anyone able to assist?

Any retailer can sell into the EU doesnt mean that they are covered by EU law as fair as I am aware.

Advertisement