Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add Extra Keypad to alarm

Options
  • 11-06-2018 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking at alarm systems for new build,

I have wires pulled in 3 locations for a keypad.
    Can you buy any brand keypad for any brand alarm or do they all have to be same brand?

Be nice to have a nicer keypad at front door instead of the 1990's looking keypad the mostly all have

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The keypad is determined by the make/model of alarm you choose.

I like these

SPCK521-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

What type of panel have you? Its on the keypad the make.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking at alarm systems for new build,

I have wires pulled in 3 locations for a keypad.
    Can you buy any brand keypad for any brand alarm or do they all have to be same brand?

Be nice to have a nicer keypad at front door instead of the 1990's looking keypad the mostly all have

Keypad will have to be compatible with the control unit. What sort of system have you bought or are planning to buy

Advertisement