Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandon Sanderson creating new TV/Book Series

• 11-06-2018 7:57pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I see Brandon Sanderson has some mega deal URL="https://deadline.com/2018/06/brandon-sanderson-fremantlemedia-north-america-tv-multi-media-project-1202407862/"]here[/URL which is working on a TV project whilst simultaneously doing a tie-in book and comic and podcast series. It doesn't say what station will air it or anything but the basic synopsis is:
    Dark One will be a dramatic fantasy adventure spotlighting a young man who sees visions of strange and fantastical worlds, which he is told are just hallucinations. But this dark and deadly fantasy world that keeps coming to him is actually a real vision of another world – one where he has been prophesied to become a tyrant and destroy this land of interesting creatures, sporadic electrical currents and a darkening landscape.

Hopefully, it won't take too much away from the Stormlight Archive but I do think his work is very suited to the big screen so it'll be interesting how it turns out.

Comments

Oo exciting!
    Is this part of his... What's he call it... Multiverse thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Being made by Fremantle Media North America, the same crowd who made American Gods.

Not sure if I like the idea of multiple media sources telling the story though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

drake70 wrote: »
    Being made by Fremantle Media North America, the same crowd who made American Gods.

Not sure if I like the idea of multiple media sources telling the story though.

For me that's the interesting part!

Advertisement