Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The stealth in this game is buggy as ****. I've upgraded the detection rate too.

Does anyone know how to raise unseen aid?
    Think the more people you meet and the less amount of people that have Dragonrot the higher the base rate is.

Has anyone met the guy in the hidden section of the Flashback area, my god he's bastard tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Its frustrating that you can't just farm souls if you're stuck. Although you can run past enemies almost guilt free.

The secret about Dark souls was farming souls to level up didn't do a whole lot due to level scaling. You just got better but put the cause on more souls.
    The only thing that scaled with your soul level was the boss hp, nothing else. It was definitely worth grinding souls to upgrade equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I absolutely love this game. From have done it again IMO. Managed to kill (going to spoiler rest of comment
    shinobi hunter first time, stealth kill then mikiri'd his arse to death. I hate enemies on horses in games (Ninja Gaiden flashbacks) so was dreading the General demon dude but managed him after about an hour seeing myself improving each attempt. Although the blazing bull is destroying me now. I'll keep trying. Seems to be only from soft games I don't get frustrated after a few attempts as I know I'll get better.

Definitely 9.5/10 for me. Do have some minor technical issues such as inputs not registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've only played a few hours but I'm loving it and keep on thinking about it when I'm not playing it.
    Reminds me of the first few days playing Bloodborne, trying to get my head around the new combat system.
    Hopefully I'll get a few more hours into it tonight.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Think the more people you meet and the less amount of people that have Dragonrot the higher the base rate is.

Has anyone met the guy in the hidden section of the Flashback area, my god he's bastard tough!

Oddly mine was at 30%. I died a few times and it went to 13%.

Think they get dragonrot if you keep dying so not sure how you recover it

• Advertisement

There is a way to cure it, you find out as the game progresses. Once you cure Dragonrot unseen aid reverts to 30% again. I'd say it's only temporary though, not sure how many times you have to due for it to spread. I cured 4 or 5 then died loads of times before 1 other person got it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You'll find out as the game progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

10 Hours in and have killed 2 of the main bosses
    Demon Horse guy and Drunk poison guy
    The feeling of going toe to toe with some of the stronger enemies is a rush, one small slip up and you'll be close to 20% HP

Has anyone found the dark cave with the
    headless demon that slows you
    man that guy is tough. I only fought him once compared to how i was retying versus other bosses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Even the setting of the first major boss (
    horseback guy
    ) is remarkable. The way you get a glimpse of the horrifying, body-strewn battlefield from up above, and then as you walk across it waiting for the inevitable. It’s the way the boss cockily announces his presence, not caring as you get a few quick slashes in before the duel and clash of swords begins.

That’s how you direct the absolute **** out of a boss fight. Stunning even knowing what From’s been capable of in the past.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Combat system finally clicked. Finding it a lot easier now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 hours in Im bored sh1tless but forcing myself to persevere, much prefer the Medieval/Fantasy/Gothic settings to this generic Japanese one though.

Not enjoying combat at all, the blocks just arent working for me, crazy inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This game confirms how **** I really am at games , stuck on the 1st general ffs

Never mind got him :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I died twice before i even got to the first enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The run button is super strong :pac: Some of the enemies are countered easily by just running around in circles until you find an opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Just killed the chained ogre mini boss. Needed a lie down after.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got to play a couple more hours this evening. Made my way to the
    Hirata Estate and picked up two more prosthetic tools
    . That should make the fight with that
    chained ogre
    dude a bit more manageable.

Had one crash (playing on XB1X) but other than that I can't fault the game. The combat and environments are fantastic. So easy to get into trouble with a gang of normal mobs if you're not careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Does anyone know of an indestructible game pad? Preferably one that bounces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Got to play a couple more hours this evening. Made my way to the
    Hirata Estate and picked up two more prosthetic tools
    . That should make the fight with that
    chained ogre
    dude a bit more manageable.

Had one crash (playing on XB1X) but other than that I can't fault the game. The combat and environments are fantastic. So easy to get into trouble with a gang of normal mobs if you're not careful.
    Does that mean its one of those where you have to fight bosses and die over and over again before you realise you have to go look for some weapon or skill that was never mentioned before? I hate that mechanic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

ArthurG wrote: »
    Just killed the chained ogre mini boss. Needed a lie down after.

Spent 2 hour trying to beat him this afternoon. Then watched the Ireland match. So that's 4 hours I'm not getting back 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Right so spent the evening with it more or less , I'm usually terrible with these games gave up on bloodborne after an hour same with I think it was Dark Souls 1 can't remember

But this feels different I can't explain it , the 1st General as I posted earlier gave me a lot of trouble intially , but going back to the undead fella and training like all hell really helped , I can pretty much rip through the regular enemies now and escape pretty easy if needs be

Onto to the chained Ogre now have taken him on maybe 3 times now and each time I've been very close to killing him and that's
    without the flame upgrade I'm finding jumping about is the best tactic against him

So off I head now towards the estate place to try and find more upgrades for the grappling arm thing

Only scratched the surface but half addicted to it already , this is really one of those games where you only get back what you put in

• Advertisement

Actually managed to get some bosses (or at least named enemies) killed, one of them even first time. Chained Ogre guy, general something, spear ****er etc... Used some skill points as well, and can actually take on a few enemies without getting hit that often. Really enjoying it now (at least till the next wall i crash into).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thargor wrote: »
    Does that mean its one of those where you have to fight bosses and die over and over again before you realise you have to go look for some weapon or skill that was never mentioned before? I hate that mechanic...

I think if it's from eavesdropping that you're told enemies with red eyes don't like fire. But also I remember it mentioned in a YT 'tips for beginners' type video I saw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thargor wrote: »

Nope, this is far more player skill based than the Souls games before it. There’s items that can help in certain bosses, but confidence with the core mechanics is first and foremost what’s needed to get through. A few extra gourds don’t hurt, mind, but confidence with parry will get you much further than anything else.

I enjoy the idea of bouncing between world's if that makes sense without spoilers.

Also I love that you can now hit a spawn spoint and chose not to rest. I was so sick of the grind in previous games. It gives you the option as opposed to forcing you to retread the same ground again and again. I imagine there will be some crazy YouTube videos of this in the future showing a complete playthrough without rest.

To expand on the whole world switching thing; I mean I was at a situation where I as facing a ****ing prick of a boss, I reverted and made my way through another area instead. Ended up progressing and therefore getting better, stronger obtaining more skills, gourds ect. Then when I was ready I was able to easily go back to that asshole who kept killing me and with careful planning I overcame the prick and gutted him like a fish.

I've not said **** yeah in a game so many times in one year of gaming. For peops who played DMC5 they know the part I'm talking about and yes this game gives me that feeling too.

Also what the ****, so random but so epic. Like I mean I wish they could VR it or I had played it on my projector.

I'm on mobile so I can't spoiler it but it's just like so mental. Basically it's a kind of a platforming section then all of a sudden something happens.

I can't say anything anymore without ruining it but again so random but a thrilling section all the same. And so out of place haha.

Think of Viper Higgins maybe that will give a hint.

Lady Butterfly
    is my favourite Boss fight ever. Such an epic duel in an amazing arena with a fantastic score playing. Kicked my arse over and over last, finally thought I had it but nope. Could only shake my head and laugh before switching off for the night.

That bit with the snake was very tense. Loved it :)

Lady Butterfly
    is my favourite Boss fight ever. Such an epic duel in an amazing arena with a fantastic score playing. Kicked my arse over and over last, finally thought I had it but nope. Could only shake my head and laugh before switching off for the night.

Got through this with a bit of perseverance last night - one of those bosses where I got surprisingly far in my first attempt and then spent the next hour trying to replicate that beginner's luck :p

Few general tips that really, really help in that fight if you want them:
    It's all about dodge attack. You want to be faster than she is - dodge-attack to one side, and then quickly dodge-attack to the opposite side while she's recovering. Repeat. If you get the rhythm down you can easily get a half or more of her stagger bar up in one combo without her being able to do anything.

Second phase:
    If you're out of snap seeds, I found an effective approach was to literally just leg it around the arena when she summons the illusions. Keep sprinting until it ends and she's fired all the gold projectiles your way. Only problem with this is that it means she might get a bit of time to recover her stagger bar, so if you can sneak in a hit or two during the sprint it won't hurt.

And finally:
    shurikens
    :)

Got through this with a bit of perseverance last night - one of those bosses where I got surprisingly far in my first attempt and then spent the next hour trying to replicate that beginner's luck :p

Few general tips that really, really help in that fight if you want them:
    It's all about dodge attack. You want to be faster than she is - dodge-attack to one side, and then quickly dodge-attack to the opposite side while she's recovering. Repeat. If you get the rhythm down you can easily get a half or more of her stagger bar up in one combo without her being able to do anything.

Second phase:
    If you're out of snap seeds, I found an effective approach was to literally just leg it around the arena when she summons the illusions. Keep sprinting until it ends and she's fired all the gold projectiles your way. Only problem with this is that it means she might get a bit of time to recover her stagger bar, so if you can sneak in a hit or two during the sprint it won't hurt.

And finally:
    shurikens
    :)

Cheers man. Yeah it's second phase that's destroying me now and have run out. I got some piece of text about that item so I'm presuming I can farm them somewhere. I took a break and went back to
    Blazing Bull. Relatively straightforward when you have the firecracker prosthetic and downed him first time after getting that after many failed attempts without it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Advertisement