Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This game is sick. I love how it blends stealth and combat together. Unlike other stealth games you're not punished for losing stealth in Sekiro, you just adapt with the situation and fight the enemies. The game is really opening up for me now. I have about 4 different routes i can follow. Not sure how long each route is but when you get options like this it really helps with the exploration aspect of the game.

Another thing i like is the use of items. In previous Soul's games i hardly ever used the consumables, but in this im using them alot more, specially popping a sugar during a fight i know will be tough, or a Fortune Balloon before an area i know will be populated with enemies.

Game can do no wrong at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sp00k

Died so much my irl friends have dragonrot 10/10

Another thing i was curious about was why are the merchants selling coin bags for more than you actually get in the bags. Dawned on me just now, its a way of banking your coins for use later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Just defeated
    Lone Shadow Longswordsman, back in the well that you start in.
    . Such an intense fight let down only by the camera. Went into the area after and the music and visuals made me say nope, I'll come back later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cheers man. Yeah it's second phase that's destroying me now and have run out. I got some piece of text about that item so I'm presuming I can farm them somewhere. I took a break and went back to
    Blazing Bull. Relatively straightforward when you have the firecracker prosthetic and downed him first time after getting that after many failed attempts without it

I haven’t found a source for the seeds yet and wasted whatever ones I had in my inventory after two or three attempts on the boss, so was improvising after that. Don’t fight the mob is the main thing. As said, running around the perimeter of the arena very fast until the spell ends is a less elegant but perfectly serviceable way of dealing with that section of the fight :pac: Repeat the strategy from phase one with the one wrinkle of dodging the occasional projectiles and that should do it!

• Advertisement

Just defeated
    Lone Shadow Longswordsman, back in the well that you start in.
    . Such an intense fight let down only by the camera. Went into the area after and the music and visuals made me say nope, I'll come back later.

Just fought him now myself, did you not fight the other version of him in the memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just in the Ashina Estate. So much pain. So much suffering

Just fought him now myself, did you not fight the other version of him in the memory?

No, only saw three Bosses in the memory. Swore I searched every inch of that place. Must go back to see if I can find him.
    Lady Butterfly
    is down now. Took so long but I loved every minute of it. That last fight was just perfection. Didn't resurrect and didn't even heal in the second phase. My heart is pounding. Game is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The cutscene you get after dying a few times and wake up in the temple, I thought oh this is where they make fun of me for dying and make it easier somehow, nope have this DRAGONROT instead

I've found two optional enemies that completely annihilated me, I assume you need to come back later to kill them. Here's the two I'm talking about
    dead guy with blue sword
    and
    purple ninja

Anyone know how to reach the cave in the cliff near the old woman
    you take the blood sample from
    You can fall from above but I'm assuming you would die from that height

ShaneU wrote: »
    The cutscene you get after dying a few times and wake up in the temple, I thought oh this is where they make fun of me for dying and make it easier somehow, nope have this DRAGONROT instead

I've found two optional enemies that completely annihilated me, I assume you need to come back later to kill them. Here's the two I'm talking about
    dead guy with blue sword
    and
    purple ninja

Anyone know how to reach the cave in the cliff near the old woman
    you take the blood sample from
    You can fall from above but I'm assuming you would die from that height

Theres about 4 old women i have met in the game so far. You need to be abit more specific :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Theres about 4 old women i have met in the game so far. You need to be abit more specific :P

The one with her blind son nearby?

I can't make anymore prosthetic tools with the guy who forges them. Does it only allow 3?

I want the firecracker one, anyone know where to find it

I can't make anymore prosthetic tools with the guy who forges them. Does it only allow 3?

I want the firecracker one, anyone know where to find it
    You have to buy it. 2 merchants have it. One is near the first fatty with a hammer, at the top of a cliff with loads of crows. The second is after you beat the boss Gyobu the Demon (or whatever his name is)

ShaneU wrote: »
    The one with her blind son nearby?

Unsure, ill have to have a look

You have to buy it. 2 merchants have it. One is near the first fatty with a hammer, at the top of a cliff with loads of crows. The second is after you beat the boss Gyobu the Demon (or whatever his name is)

Thanks man. Got it. I'm also looking for a good place to farm before o take on the first mega boss, the one that I got the firecrackers for without spoiling.

I'm looking to raise my spirit emblem limit.

Thanks man. Got it. I'm also looking for a good place to farm before o take on the first mega boss, the one that I got the firecrackers for without spoiling.

I'm looking to raise my spirit emblem limit.

The first node only raises your spirit emblem limit by 1. I wouldn't bother. Just go into the fight with 15. Should be more than enough

That one in the memory? Does he respawn? I didn't notice any name or dots in the top left of the screen? I sprinted
    into the building and got the prosthetic tool then died to him

That one in the memory? Does he respawn? I didn't notice any name or dots in the top left of the screen? I sprinted
    into the building and got the prosthetic tool then died to him

He looks the same, dunno if he has the same name
    No dots he only has a single life bar, jumps down off the building when you come close to him. The feathers tool is in the building

Anyone got the dragonrot locations. I'm looking for a dude in Ashina Outskirts

Anyone got the dragonrot locations. I'm looking for a dude in Ashina Outskirts

If your looking for blood sample, it can only be done once. I did that quest and cured everyone. Then got another full dose of Dragonrot for new people and they can only be cured with tear drops, not blood collection.

The dude you might be looking for is the merchant. If you backtrack abit from old lady and blind son you will find him on top of the highest mountain/rock

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ they really cranked the difficulty by a thousand at
    roof to Ashina castle, those ashina shinobi don't mess around

Jesus Christ they really cranked the difficulty by a thousand at
    roof to Ashina castle, those ashina shinobi don't mess around

Wait for the
    armourless Samurai in the castle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I've cheesed one boss (f*ck the grabby pr*ck) and kind of cheesed another. Making good progress, but it's relentless. So many bosses and mini bosses

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wait for the
    armourless Samurai in the castle

While they're tough to deal with in a mob, the mini-boss version of these chaps is one of the easiest so far. Swift deflecting needed but only need to survive a few flurries for a deathblow.

long arm centipede giraffe

While they're tough to deal with in a mob, the mini-boss version of these chaps is one of the easiest so far. Swift deflecting needed but only need to survive a few flurries for a deathblow.

Caught me off guard at first, then he attacked his way into a deathblow. I don't think i landed a single attack on him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I thought i was just exploring around Ashina Castle and ended up coming across the main boss, sometimes curiosity can kill the..... Wolf.

Anyone been to
    Senpou Temple, Mount Kong
    yet? Some weird stuff going down there. The
    Armored Warrior
    was tough. Took a while to figure out what to do. How many prayer beads have you all got? I've three full necklaces now.

Was backtracking to some of the early game areas and its snowing almost everywhere and the sky is abit darker. I'm pretty sure it wasn't snowing in these areas on my first run through, or else im going nuts. If I'm not nuts seems like the game might have world progression after certain milestones just like Bloodborne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Oh man that purple guy at the pagoda on top of the hill is wrecking my s**t. Been at him since yesterday morning, I almost had him there a while ago.

I won't give up!

Advertisement