Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Having real problems with Lady Butterfly. Managing to get the first health bar down but that second one just messes me up. I have one SnapSeed. Anyone know where I can find others?

Also, those lads with the hats/shields at the entrance to Ashina Castle are tearing me apart!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having real problems with Lady Butterfly. Managing to get the first health bar down but that second one just messes me up. I have one SnapSeed. Anyone know where I can find others?
    You can get by without snap seeds. Hit sprint and leg it around the perimeter when the illusions appear, and only return to attacking after the projectiles have been fired (if you’re sprinting they shouldn’t hit you).

Other than that you can kinda ‘stun’ Butterfly by quickly alternating between left and right dodge attacks. Dodge to the left and attack, and then immediately dodge to the right and attack. Repeat for as long as you can. Get the timing down and you can make a massive dent in either health or stagger. Works in both phases, you just need to avoid the gold projectiles in the second if she casts some :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love reading some of these tips.

"You just have to dodge the undodgeable, parry the unparryable, counter the uncounterable, and kill the unkillable. It's easy" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kiith wrote: »
    I love reading some of these tips.

"You just have to dodge the undodgeable, parry the unparryable, counter the uncounterable, and kill the unkillable. It's easy" :P

That was a tip during the loading screen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hah, no. Just when i read some of the suggestions in this and other Souls threads, it always sounds so easy. Then you actually try it and usually fail miserably :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Any ideas where's the best value place to pick this up for PS4? I see Smyths and Argos are both €60, Amazon not much cheaper. Are they the best value out there?

The latent abilities are super strong. Make the game so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just beat Lady Butterfly. Fantastic fight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

The latent abilities are super strong. Make the game so much easier.

I've come up short a few times against the minibosses so spent a couple of hours grinding the hitari passage on hard mode and buying some skills and items. Hopefully it helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Took down
    Long arm centipede Sen Un in 50 seconds. Perfect deflect on his long combo actually filled up entire posture bar for a deathblow.
    Got stuck on
    Genichero. I thought I had him until From Soft pulled a Sister Friede and had no healing left.

Not sure where to go now. I'll come back to him.

• Advertisement

Took down
    Long arm centipede Sen Un in 50 seconds. Perfect deflect on his long combo actually filled up entire posture bar for a deathblow.
    Got stuck on
    Genichero. I thought I had him until From Soft pulled a Sister Friede and had no healing left.

Not sure where to go now. I'll come back to him.

That was a great boss fight. A typical dark souls boss in the sense that he annihilates you multiple times and it seems utterly impossible until ...

That was a great boss fight. A typical dark souls boss in the sense that he annihilates you multiple times and it seems utterly impossible until ...

I'll let you know when I get there haha. Still I'm the annihilation stage here. Got to
    third phase a few times, the first time I nearly had his posture bar up but mistimed me R1 on the lightning that sends it back to him
    . I'll just die now in first phase if I have to heal.

I don't really understand the resurrection mechanic yet. I do have 2 dots (leaf and snowflake) over my HP bar which I thought was 2 charges but I only ever get one.

Some amount of people complaining about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtu.be/RRahPd_JzsM

Digital Foundry PC tech analysis up now.

Edit: anyone playing at 1080p on a RTX2060? I might try the mod to get higher FPS.

My left thumb is sore and I think it's gotten a bit deformed since this morning and Genichiro is STILL alive. He won't break me.

I'll let you know when I get there haha. Still I'm the annihilation stage here. Got to
    third phase a few times, the first time I nearly had his posture bar up but mistimed me R1 on the lightning that sends it back to him
    . I'll just die now in first phase if I have to heal.

I don't really understand the resurrection mechanic yet. I do have 2 dots (leaf and snowflake) over my HP bar which I thought was 2 charges but I only ever get one.

Some amount of people complaining about the game.

I meant the first fight you were referring to.

Just beat Genichiro myself. I went did a few other areas before fighting him as I assumed it would tough considering he seems to be the antagonist. Beat him in 5 attempts or so. Deflect, attack, deflect, attack, deflect, attack, counter. Rinse. Probably much easier with the latent deflect and counter abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Does anyone else feel like they've nailed any new moves they've got after loads of practice on the zombie only for panic to set in instantly when your dealing with the real deal lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Genichiro down as well. Key was to be aggressive as hell, and deflect the heck out of that long flurry of attacks he sometimes unleashes.

I need to stop playing the bosses before bed, they get the heart pumping :pac:

I'm at the point where if the enemy uses a sword or other traditional weapon i can deflect them easy as pie. But if its an animal or some creature that behaves in a strange way forget about it. Except the Big Trouble in Little China glaive guys. They are super annoying

Finally beat Genichiro. That took so long. Feels good to finally best him.

Finally beat Genichiro. That took so long. Feels good to finally best him.

I was so happy when i beat him
    Then suddenly, sneaky second phase. My heart broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So... How are ppl finding this?

Are all the 9/10s worth it?

Still thinking about going back and doing the bloodbourne dlc but this is calling..

noodler wrote: »
    So... How are ppl finding this?

Are all the 9/10s worth it?

Still thinking about going back and doing the bloodbourne dlc but this is calling..

Really bloody good, it will frustrate you, it'll make you question if you're any good at these games.

But then you do a really sweet kill combo and all is right with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Vicxas wrote: »
    Really bloody good, it will frustrate you, it'll make you question if you're any good at these games.

But then you do a really sweet kill combo and all is right with the world.

And the first review I read (Ign) said its easier than souls...

There was your first mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Having been recently caught fake reviewing RE2 it's like they're at it again. Every review I've seen has said the opposite.

In fairness, your man from IGN is really good at these games. He beat Genichiro in the tutorial. Game is fantastic noodler but it's like Soulsborne on steroids. First game I've played in ages that I constantly think about. Very very difficult but so satisfying when you finally knock down that wall.

Yeah Vicxas, my heart broke too. Almost broke again just after but they weren't that cruel. When
    he stood up again after the cutscene I thought for a second we were going to have to battle again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Is anybody else finding the controls a bit iffy? Like you'll dodge and press attack, but the attack doesn't happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

derfderf wrote:
    Is anybody else finding the controls a bit iffy? Like you'll dodge and press attack, but the attack doesn't happen?

Noticed this once in Hiraki, thought I'd had some spell cast on me.

Vicxas wrote: »
    There was your first mistake.

His second mistake, his first was not playing the Bloodborne DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Kinda struggling with this....had DS and Bloddborne down pat but finding it hard to parry anything other than trash mobs.

Stuck in Hikari Estate on
    the shinobi hunter and that drunken miniboss

so went back to Ashina and
    I think the white snake glitched killed me a few times and then no sign of him
    ...got to the next idol :)

I think I need to git gudder :D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Advertisement