Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

Kinda struggling with this....had DS and Bloddborne down pat but finding it hard to parry anything other than trash mobs.

Stuck in Hikari Estate on
    the shinobi hunter and that drunken miniboss

so went back to Ashina and
    I think the white snake glitched killed me a few times and then no sign of him
    ...got to the next idol :)

I think I need to git gudder :D

I think Hikari Estate is literally the hardest part of the game so far. You have very little health, very little estus flasks and very little experience so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I think Hikari Estate is literally the hardest part of the game so far. You have very little health, very little estus flasks and very little experience so far.
    Managed to get
    the axe and fire attachments
    and then decided to get the hell out of dodge :D will go back later.

FROM Software have done it again...a great game,challenging and frustrating in equal measure.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hiraki Estate can be very tough.
    If you cant beat Junzu the Drunk then head back and fight the Ogre, i made it all the way to Ashina Castle before i went back and fought him

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Kinda struggling with this....had DS and Bloddborne down pat but finding it hard to parry anything other than trash mobs.

Trick to the drunken fatty is to go around the left side of the arena and sneak kill the mobs 1 by 1 then get a deathblow on fatso ru. To the npc and kick his ass

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

daheadonu wrote: »
    Trick to the drunken fatty is to go around the left side of the arena and sneak kill the mobs 1 by 1 then get a deathblow on fatso ru. To the npc and kick his ass

This plus I used oil and fire!

• Advertisement

Have to say this game could do well with a training arena where you can spawn different mini bosses/mobs of carrying numbers in,the undying chap is good for learning the fundamentals but he's slow and running through mobs to practice on a boss is so annoying

Done the same thing. This is also a good area to farm experience and coin when you beat the drunken guy and get the next rest area.

There is a hidden room too with prayer beads in that location.

You can get a deathblow on that boss before it begins?!

Yeah,you can on most mini bosses,you just have to clear the mobs around him

Yeah,you can on most mini bosses,you just have to clear the mobs around him

I cleared the mobs... Then I suppose you run away and hide until he resets? Then sneak up on him? Didn't think of that at the time

• Advertisement

If you clean out the mobs he moves up a bit so you can sneak up on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I always start with a sneaky death blow when I can.

I have never been so happy and relieved to see a sculptors idol as after
    the bridge in Sunken Valley. Snake eyes was hell. Gave him fair fight for first death blow but I had died to him loads already so I found a way to cheese his second life. Long arm centipede giraffe after was easy

I always start with a sneaky death blow when I can.

I have never been so happy and relieved to see a sculptors idol as after
    the bridge in Sunken Valley. Snake eyes was hell. Gave him fair fight for first death blow but I had died to him loads already so I found a way to cheese his second life. Long arm centipede giraffe after was easy

Did i miss something?
    I stabbed him in one eye then i ran for the jumping point which brought me to Ashina Castle, or do you go back and fight him?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did i miss something?
    I stabbed him in one eye then i ran for the jumping point which brought me to Ashina Castle, or do you go back and fight him?

Have you been to Sunken Valley? I came from
    Ashina Castle to a place called Great Serpent shrine. You need to grapple to get to a place called Gun Fort. Snake eyes is just sitting there half way and gets up the minute you land. It's opposite direction to castle though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Still waiting on payday & my new GPU to arrive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also handy for the drunkard is to wait until he’s down to his second health bar until calling in the NPC. He’s fairly suicidal so will likely be poisoned quickly and not make it through to the end if you call him at the start (especially if you haven’t cleared the mob first).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I got it, played it for a short while and havent picked it back up yet. Not that i dont like it, im just suffering from "too many games" syndrome at the moment. I really should have held of on getting it to be honest, damn 'from software' and the draw they have over me :pac:

Oh and on top of that, my FPS for the game is ****, if you have more than one monitor plugged into your PC, the game gets confused apparently and drops the fps to less than 20. So everytime i want to play ive to climb under the aul desk and unplug the monitor, which will get annoying.. :(

Only read the following spoiler if you got to the boss in the valley as it's a huge spoiler you should find out for yourself.
    At Guardian Ape now. Second attempt and got a shinobi execution. Thought to myself that wasn't so bad. Then after a minute or something they pulled a From Software on us. Because I got shinobi I though that they wouldn't be so cruel as to make me start all over again. Course they are. I can't get to grips with that second phase at all. Out of spirit emblems now so need to go farming. Any good spots? Any good prosthetics apart from firecrackers for Ape phase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Seriously thinking about trading this in. Had a good few 2-3 hour sessions without really getting anywhere. Can see that there is a gem of a game in there somehow, but to be honest not sure if I have the time/skills/patience to make the most of it. Too much frustration, not enough enjoyment

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Seriously thinking about trading this in. Had a good few 2-3 hour sessions without really getting anywhere. Can see that there is a gem of a game in there somehow, but to be honest not sure if I have the time/skills/patience to make the most of it. Too much frustration, not enough enjoyment

All Soulsbourne games are like that.
    Stick with it & take it slow, eventually you learn the underlying mechanics/maps & understand why they're so revered.

2-3 hours is NOTHING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm tempted by this, I saw the IGN review (don't judge me) and it looks a lot faster than the Souls games, so that is automatically better, and I like the revive option and run away if necessary. Couldn't see a stamina bar either, which would also be greatly beneficial. But then I keep hearing that it's harder than the Souls games, which I hate. Why don't developers do demos anymore? I'm not willing to chance €70 to potentially hate this too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No stamina, and i wouldn't say it's harder then the other Souls games. It's quicker for sure, and more emphasis on attacking, but if you were able to clear those games you'll be fine here.

If you buy it on Steam, you can refund after 2 hours if you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Only read the following spoiler if you got to the boss in the valley as it's a huge spoiler you should find out for yourself.
    At Guardian Ape now. Second attempt and got a shinobi execution. Thought to myself that wasn't so bad. Then after a minute or something they pulled a From Software on us. Because I got shinobi I though that they wouldn't be so cruel as to make me start all over again. Course they are. I can't get to grips with that second phase at all. Out of spirit emblems now so need to go farming. Any good spots? Any good prosthetics apart from firecrackers for Ape phase 2?

Just beat this guy
    "Killed" him on my first attempt and was in shock. Sister Friede all over again, love it. I had more trouble with phase 1 over phase 2. I feel when he uses a sword he's easier to parry. When i got him to about 20% in phase two i peppered him with 16 Emblems worth of Ninja Stars. It's free damage cause he doesn't block anything. Sealed the deal for me

nix wrote: »
    I got it, played it for a short while and havent picked it back up yet. Not that i dont like it, im just suffering from "too many games" syndrome at the moment. I really should have held of on getting it to be honest, damn 'from software' and the draw they have over me :pac:

Oh and on top of that, my FPS for the game is ****, if you have more than one monitor plugged into your PC, the game gets confused apparently and drops the fps to less than 20. So everytime i want to play ive to climb under the aul desk and unplug the monitor, which will get annoying.. :(

Same, had a look last night and stopped so I can finished the other two games I've on the go and give it my full attention.

Also why are you climbing under the desk? Could you not just pull the cable from the monitor? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Broke my collar bone so had to stop playing but after the initial struggle I do agree it's easier than other souls games. Once you learn it's more defensive then the combat clicks and you start having more success. Still bastard hard though.

I have heard due to the poor performance on console that timing windows on parrying aren't great and that's backed up by digital foundry. On pc my failed timing feels entirely down to me.

Just beat this guy
    "Killed" him on my first attempt and was in shock. Sister Friede all over again, love it. I had more trouble with phase 1 over phase 2. I feel when he uses a sword he's easier to parry. When i got him to about 20% in phase two i peppered him with 16 Emblems worth of Ninja Stars. It's free damage cause he doesn't block anything. Sealed the deal for me

How many heals had you at this part? I haven't seen a gourd seed in ages. I've 7 charges. I was similar to you only it was second go. Almost passed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

How many heals had you at this part? I haven't seen a gourd seed in ages. I've 7 charges. I was similar to you only it was second go. Almost passed out.

8 Heals. Don't ask cause i don't remember where i got any of the seeds. I know the merchant that joins you at the temple sells one. Maybe you're missing that one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Also why are you climbing under the desk? Could you not just pull the cable from the monitor? :confused:

The 2nd monitor is a big TV elevated above my main monitor, mounted on a wall, its a lot harder to get at than the PC :o:pac:

Just got a patch on my xbox one x for this? Anyone any ideas what it's about. Hopefully performance

• Advertisement

Just got a patch on my xbox one x for this? Anyone any ideas what it's about. Hopefully performance

Had to use google translate : https://www.sekiro.jp/news_detail_190326_02.html
    Thank you for your continued patronage of From Software.

In "SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE" (Xbox One),
    We have delivered a new update file to update the program.

【Date and time】

Delivery on March 26, 2019 (Tuesday)

[Target platform]

Xbox One

[Item modified by latest update file]

Reduce the frequency of writing statistics (actuals) to Xbox Live

After applying this update file, the version on the lower right of the title screen is App Ver 1.02.1.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you for your understanding.

※ We stated with App Ver 1.03, but it was an error of 1.02.1. (2019/3/26 18:25)

Advertisement