Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Put 15 hours in the weekend, don't get to play during the week, only because I know I'd stay up until the wee hours playing.

Still think I'm useless at it but got a good bit done.

Still has the soulsborne appeal. I always want to know 'what's down there' :)

As with souls I have opened multiple paths to different areas and some paths to the same area.

Will get stuck in again this weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Folding Screen Monkeys
    is like an easy mode boss fight, like From knew you've made it through some of the nastier ones and want to go easy on you for ten minutes :pac: Cool to mix things up a bit though, as much as I enjoy frantic sword battles.

As for whether the game's easier or harder than a Souls game? Frankly I'd say it's at least on a par: harder in some respects, and easier in others. It's more mechanically demanding than any of the earlier games - there's no real alternative builds or strategies, you really need to be able to get the mechanics down. The bosses fights are intense tests of this, and there's no helping hand co-op to help you out. It takes a while to adjust, and no surprise some Souls-veterans online are finding it a big ask.

On the other hand, it feels somewhat easier to actually explore and make progress. For the most part mobs and even larger enemies aren't the big deal they were in a Souls game - being able to stealth your way through, adjust on the fly and even easily bypass large areas tip the odds in your favour something fierce.

All-in-all, it's an extremely challenging game - like any Fromsoft game it's absolutely manageable (I've been making steady progress, even with an hour or so spent on most of the main bosses so far) but definitely requires patience and confidence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also finding the game very generous with checkpoints compared to the souls series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Broke my collar bone so had to stop playing

You must have been really immersed in the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Seems there is a meaningful choice towards what i assume is the end of the game. Picked the "evil" choice and im faced with the hardest boss yet! I think i died 10 times so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I thought rot only affected you if you keep resurrecting? Is it just death that causes it?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

derfderf wrote:
    I thought rot only affected you if you keep resurrecting? Is it just death that causes it?

Resurrecting does nothing it's only true "death" that causes rot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Probably a stupid question but should I be worried about the rot ?

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

NPCs still sell their wares when they have Dragonsrot. I'm pretty sure I'm near the end or atleast the last fourth of the game and the rot has had no effect on anything thus far, although I have healed the NPCs about 4 times when 3 of them got the Rot, never leaving them with it for too long

Still major problems with response times on the Xbox One X when using deflect, it gets really annoying the further you get into the game.
    For a game all about precise timing this isn't good enough.
    The reviews let this game off lightly for it. Probably because they all played the PC version or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Still major problems with response times on the Xbox One X when using deflect, it gets really annoying the further you get into the game.
    For a game all about precise timing this isn't good enough.
    The reviews let this game off lightly for it. Probably because they all played the PC version or something.

The parry's are tied to FPS (same as other From Games) so if your FPS is changing a bit then I assume the window to party changes as well?

The Digital Foundry guys did say that parrying was easier on PC. Maybe From should have locked the game at 30FPS on console though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Killed drunken fat boy last night, getting some skills now, mobs aren't really any hassle anymore (apart from those white pr1cks with the pikes, 2 of them with no stealth option is worse than a boss battle). I'm not sure I'm enjoying this though, a Souls game would have me playing until 3 in the morning dying to see what was in the next area, admiring the scenery and the enemy types, in this I just plod along killing and killing with no real reward or new things to see. I'll stick with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Can you kill the big snake? I took an eye out and scampered to the next area.
    Is it worth going back to kill him off?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The parry's are tied to FPS (same as other From Games) so if your FPS is changing a bit then I assume the window to party changes as well?

The Digital Foundry guys did say that parrying was easier on PC. Maybe From should have locked the game at 30FPS on console though.

There in lies the problem. I can notice the stuttering when playing. It's more prominent in certain areas or when the camera angle shifts or moves to certain angles.

I'd imagine the FPS is jumping all over the place during combat and especially when fighting bosses and the camera is moving quicker.

Can you kill the big snake? I took an eye out and scampered to the next area.
    Is it worth going back to kill him off?
    You can't kill him in the area you meet him, but later in the game. Its not a fight, just a deathblow. But it looks sick

There in lies the problem. I can notice the stuttering when playing. It's more prominent in certain areas or when the camera angle shifts or moves to certain angles.

I'd imagine the FPS is jumping all over the place during combat and especially when fighting bosses and the camera is moving quicker.

It's a bit like Bloodborne in that had a bit of "stutter" as well. If Sekiro was locked at 30 you probably get used to the timing needed.

It's a bit like Bloodborne in that had a bit of "stutter" as well. If Sekiro was locked at 30 you probably get used to the timing needed.

Bloodbourne wasn't depending on a deflection mechanic however which is strictly based on timing. You could mash the dodge button and be certain you would roll out of the way.

Absolutely. From Software are not known for there expansive graphical options which is something they get away with lightly aswell.

A simple patch to enable a 1080p mode with locked FPS or something like that would most certainly help.

Bloodbourne wasn't depending on a deflection mechanic however which is strictly based on timing. You could mash the dodge button and be certain you would roll out of the way.

Absolutely. From Software are not known for there expansive graphical options which is something they get away with lightly aswell.

A simple patch to enable a 1080p mode with locked FPS or something like that would most certainly help.

They should be able to do 60FPS at 1080p on the X. I'll be getting the game on PC anyway, just holding off at the minute as I've no time to play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Purple ninja ****ers :(

Kiith wrote: »
    Purple ninja ****ers :(

Wait till your fighting 3 of them at a time, on rooftops with ninja dogs!

• Advertisement

Great analysis here from the guys at Digital Foundry. Playing on PC myself and it runs great

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

boy oh boy do i love this game. I'm finding it really tough but I'm slowly getting there in terms of deflect. I thought the
    centipede giraffe lad was easy peasy but it was fun just doing all those deflects. Anyone know how to open the door after the boss as i've seem to have hit a dead end after killing him

Still don't know if I prefer it to bloodborne ( which is my favourite ) but it's certainly giving it a run for its money.

Does

Great analysis here from the guys at Digital Foundry. Playing on PC myself and it runs great

Good watch. Very disappointing that these issues have carried over from multiple games.

I think this might be my favourite From Software game

Whoa, i just cleared the game accidentally. I still had a few sub-bosses to kill and the game gave me a new ability after killing the last boss, which doesn't make sense. Credits are rolling now, see what comes after. I feel like there is alot more to this game. Gonna give multiple playthrough's

Spear, Feather and Butterfly Kunai where my go to prosthetics. Spear is great for free damage from range and another hit after you kick jump and enemy. Feather is super strong negating an enemy attack while opening them for a strong plunging attack that does alot of damage, and Kunai for free damage for 1 Emblem

I only got half way in the tree on upgrading them! And have a lot more on the skill tree to unlock! There must be more!

Whoa, i just cleared the game accidentally. I still had a few sub-bosses to kill and the game gave me a new ability after killing the last boss, which doesn't make sense. Credits are rolling now, see what comes after. I feel like there is alot more to this game. Gonna give multiple playthrough's

Spear, Feather and Butterfly Kunai where my go to prosthetics. Spear is great for free damage from range and another hit after you kick jump and enemy. Feather is super strong negating an enemy attack while opening them for a strong plunging attack that does alot of damage, and Kunai for free damage for 1 Emblem

I only got half way in the tree on upgrading them! And have a lot more on the skill tree to unlock! There must be more!

Did you find the Bell that turns the game into hard mode? Vaati had a video up about it yesterday.

Did you find the Bell that turns the game into hard mode? Vaati had a video up about it yesterday.

Yes. I didn't keep it on though. I'll save it for another play through. Credits rolled and I'm allowed to explore the world to get stuff I may have missed. There's also a NG+ option at the idol. Wonder if anything new to be seen there like Dark Souls 2 which had the best NG+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

YouSavedMyLife How do I avoid
    Guardian Ape perilous attack when he jumps and grabs you
    ? Nothing works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I saw a clip of that fight recently and was thinking that didn't look so bad and then suddenly it did!

• Advertisement

YouSavedMyLife How do I avoid
    Guardian Ape perilous attack when he jumps and grabs you
    ? Nothing works for me.

I got hit by that everytime! Beat him by not getting hit by anything except the Terror in phase 2. Maybe try sprinting away from him. On the last boss there was a move that i found very hard to parry or dodge, and it would do damage through your guard. So i used this sprinting a tactic to create distance super quick. It worked! Shurikens are also very good on this boss. I prefer them over the firecrackers

Advertisement