Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Thanks man. Terror is such a pain the nads (don't know which is worse, terror or cursed in DS1) and what always gets me. Must sprint next time.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I saw a clip of that fight recently and was thinking that didn't look so bad and then suddenly it did!

Yeah man, I was shaking at first and then it was OMFG. Class move by them.

I'm curious about your reactions to the
    Nightjar Ninja kite attack on the rooftops
    . At first I just shouted WTF, then complained it was cheap then fell around laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah I haven't gotten this. I fear it may be beyond my abilities and am too likely to put it away in frustration. It does look class though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Finally! :D Been at this butterfly fight for 2 days.

OR40o0ml.jpg
    I figured out that you can use the mists during her phase 2 to great effect.

I can tell this truly is a great game because the instant I landed the final deathblow, all I wanted to do was go back and fight her again!

I got some attack power boost thing for beating her??? Didn't realise you could level attack power in this game. Nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rob2D wrote: »
    Finally! :D Been at this butterfly fight for 2 days.

OR40o0ml.jpg
    I figured out that you can use the mists during her phase 2 to great effect.

I can tell this truly is a great game because the instant I landed the final deathblow, all I wanted to do was go back and fight her again!

I got some attack power boost thing for beating her??? Didn't realise you could level attack power in this game. Nice to know.

Ok, so i beat her after 2 tries. Was i doing something different to everyone else?

Granted i did come back after i did Ashina Castle. But thats not that much further ahead.

• Advertisement

YouSavedMyLife How do I avoid
    Guardian Ape perilous attack when he jumps and grabs you
    ? Nothing works for me.

If thats the attack where he swipes low, grabs you and smashes you into the ground a few times? You can jump over his swipe. Just jump as soon as you see the red icon.

If thats the attack where he swipes low, grabs you and smashes you into the ground a few times? You can jump over his swipe. Just jump as soon as you see the red icon.

Thanks. It's his other one, the one
    where he leaps at you and grabs you and he does indeed smash you into the ground. He had two grabs one I can avoid 95% of the time and one I can't 99.9% of the time. I'm wondering if it might be a distance thing so going to try stay in his face. Hard considering the amount of time he farts on you and legs it to fling his crap at you. This is Miyazaki's favourite Boss fight I remember reading.

Thanks. It's his other one, the one
    where he leaps at you and grabs you and he does indeed smash you into the ground. He had two grabs one I can avoid 95% of the time and one I can't 99.9% of the time. I'm wondering if it might be a distance thing so going to try stay in his face. Hard considering the amount of time he farts on you and legs it to fling his crap at you. This is Miyazaki's favourite Boss fight I remember reading.

Sounds like the one where he dives in the air. Sprint away and dodge as he lands works for me. Just managed to beat him this moment. Phase 2 requires a lot of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jesus I'm miles behind I just beat the Ogre and then straight into General Tenzen bloody hell this game doens't half let up

Seems an easy enough fight but jesus having to clear out the 5 guards is a pain in the arse every time you mess up

I've had a few moments so far were I've had that feeling that I've rarely experienced outside a from game were you are absolutely rattling with adrenalin landing the killing blow at deaths door having been at it for so many attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh

So i jumped back into this today (pretty much at the start) I progress a bit and come across the first Thrusting spear fella. I have no heals left fighting him and reckless is my current fighting style.

Anyway after dying pretty quickly, i say feck it, ill go back to base and cash in on what ive picked up. I unlock two new prosthetic's and have enough points to buy the first two skills, which i pick up.

Anyway happy to see one of the new abilities is especially for mobs that do thrust attacks with a spear, Brilliant! I go to the immortal living training dummy to try out this new deflect, so i dont **** up and get wrecked. Anyway i did it three times in a row without issue, didnt **** up once. I'm thinking great, that was easy so the spear guy go should be also..

So i go back to him for revenge, i didnt land it once..... he wrecked me, WTF?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

nix wrote: »

So i go back to him for revenge, i didnt land it once..... he wrecked me, WTF?! :mad:
    I'm the exact same :) and its a pain in the hole clearing the thrash mobs setting up that fight

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Ugh

So i jumped back into this today (pretty much at the start) I progress a bit and come across the first Thrusting spear fella. I have no heals left fighting him and reckless is my current fighting style.

Anyway after dying pretty quickly, i say feck it, ill go back to base and cash in on what ive picked up. I unlock two new prosthetic's and have enough points to buy the first two skills, which i pick up.

Anyway happy to see one of the new abilities is especially for mobs that do thrust attacks with a spear, Brilliant! I go to the immortal living training dummy to try out this new deflect, so i dont **** up and get wrecked. Anyway i did it three times in a row without issue, didnt **** up once. I'm thinking great, that was easy so the spear guy go should be also..

Are you getting the sneaky hit in? I was dreading Enshin but sneaked on him for the first deathblow and manged to mikiri his posture to bits and got the second one off. Couldn't believe I managed him first go after all I'd heard. The elation didn't last long unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

For ages I didn't know what the 'Mikiri' was but buts great against those guys

Are you getting the sneaky hit in? I was dreading Enshin but sneaked on him for the first deathblow and manged to mikiri his posture to bits and got the second one off. Couldn't believe I managed him first go after all I'd heard. The elation didn't last long unfortunately.

He's a boss???

Well ****, i would have approached him from stealth had i of known that :(

Did you reset him after killing all mobs around him and then sneak? or did you stealth kill everybody? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Oh man that bit with the snake was masterfully done. And now there's a big horse lad. Things are reaching God of War levels of presentation.

This game is class!

Oh and whats up with that headless dude in the cave? Was that illusion stuff around him?

Ugh

I think you should remove "works well under pressure" from your CV :pac:

He's a boss???

Well ****, i would have approached him from stealth had i of known that :(

Did you reset him after killing all mobs around him and then sneak? or did you stealth kill everybody? :eek::pac:

He's a mini boss, most of whom can be stealth attacked for their first life. Yep kill the mobs then leg it. See alert marker show he's no longer interested then sneak up and stab him in the back.

ETA you can't stealth attack, leg it then try to do it again for both lives. If you do that they get their HP back and you start again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Guardian Ape
    probably my least favourite of the bosses so far - first phase is a great, twitchy fight, but second felt cheap in comparison (even allowing for more parrying opportunities). Felt like the first one where I was better off waiting and going in for one or two quick hits instead of going all-in.

Still loving the game though. Definitely the most satisfying Soulsborne world to explore. The extra verticality matched with the Wolf's speed and more manageable mobs is really pushing me to take risks and explore every corner. It's definitely up there with Bloodborne as my favourite in the From oeuvre.

Well, cleared the area then obliterated the spear dude easy. Woo

Theres so many hidden areas im finding, i think i found a short cut also, which isnt that good for me as i need to check everywhere, i tend to turn over every rock on first play throughs...

But eh, i found a path that lead me up a cliff to the three story pagoda, think its the place the thief was rattling on about.. And uh, i got jumped by some gerudo valley lookin mufugga and he wrecked me in an instant.. please tell me hes a boss well above my level and not a mini boss that pops up all over the game :(

Anyway, having no way of killing the chap in my current state, i did what any defeated soul would do.... i went back and played ring around the rosy around the pagoda while he chased and then opened the door when he was doing his break dance combo attack which i jumped away from, grabbed the item and ran away screaming like a man.. Victory was mine!... i think :pac:

• Advertisement

Guardian Ape
    probably my least favourite of the bosses so far - first phase is a great, twitchy fight, but second felt cheap in comparison (even allowing for more parrying opportunities). Felt like the first one where I was better off waiting and going in for one or two quick hits instead of going all-in.

Still loving the game though. Definitely the most satisfying Soulsborne world to explore. The extra verticality matched with the Wolf's speed and more manageable mobs is really pushing me to take risks and explore every corner. It's definitely up there with Bloodborne as my favourite in the From oeuvre.

I don't know man. I was getting very p'd off on him there but only cause I didn't really understand phase 2. Almost had him last fight so I'll get there soon enough. Just need to ensure more healing in that phase. Before I was trying to get HP down which is dangerous at that part and I never put a dent in it. Last one kept distance, tried to bate out attacks to parry and had posture bar almost full and HP in half. I'll get there soon I'd say, just one attack I'm struggling with now. Nobody does Boss fights like From, my heart does be racing. Swore I wasn't going to play tonight as I'm back in work after booking 3 days to play this. Couldn't stop thinking of this Boss though.

Oh am I naieve in thinking he was throwing poison rocks at me earlier???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't know man. I was getting very p'd off on him there but only cause I didn't really understand phase 2. Almost had him last fight so I'll get there soon enough. Just need to ensure more healing in that phase. Before I was trying to get HP down which is dangerous at that part and I never put a dent in it. Last one kept distance, tried to bate out attacks to parry and had posture bar almost full and HP in half. I'll get there soon I'd say, just one attack I'm struggling with now. Nobody does Boss fights like From, my heart does be racing. Swore I wasn't going to play tonight as I'm back in work after booking 3 days to play this. Couldn't stop thinking of this Boss though.

Oh am I naieve in thinking he was throwing poison rocks at me earlier???

While I fought the first phase as a pretty traditional 'posture' fight, I ended up just focusing on health in the second. Takes a while, but you typically have space to sneak in for a hit or two after one of his combos, then leg it away before the 'roar'. It's a slow and less than elegant way to fight it, no doubt, but it worked for me.

And yes, he lobs poison rocks / jars at you and also
    farts
    poison from time to time :P

please tell me hes a boss well above my level and not a mini boss that pops up all over the game :(

Good news! He's neither a boss nor a mini-boss - just a powerful enemy :p

Good news! He's neither a boss nor a mini-boss - just a powerful enemy :p

Really? ugh, i gave him a fair few whacks, i think i chipped away a third of his health :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

So iv just started this tonight whats the general early tips can anyone give any things they used?

I platinumed Bloodborne and loved that game this seems kinda similar

Is it harder than Bloodborne or easier?

biggebruv wrote: »
    So iv just started this tonight whats the general early tips can anyone give any things they used?

I platinumed Bloodborne and loved that game this seems kinda similar

Is it harder than Bloodborne or easier?

It’s at least on par with Bloodborne IMO - easier in some respects and harder in others.

Learn to deflect and parry immediately, and figure out how posture works. They’re your most valuable tools. Practice at the temple if you need to.

Fight the mini bosses, don’t leave them for later (you can skip quite a few of them). They’re your best tutorial for what’s to come.

Use stealth wherever you can. You can usually take half of a mini-boss’ health off through sneaking.

Play aggressively when needed. You could often hang back and wait for openings in Bloodborne - this time you have to make openings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

It’s at least on par with Bloodborne IMO - easier in some respects and harder in others.

Learn to deflect and parry immediately, and figure out how posture works. They’re your most valuable tools. Practice at the temple if you need to.

Fight the mini bosses, don’t leave them for later (you can skip quite a few of them). They’re your best tutorial for what’s to come.

Use stealth wherever you can. You can usually take half of a mini-boss’ health off through sneaking.

Play aggressively when needed. You could often hang back and wait for openings in Bloodborne - this time you have to make openings :)

The deflect and parrying thing might put me off this it has to be so precise anyways I got my first arm add on just now.

It’s the exploring I love in this and Bloodborne.

every time I die do I lose skill points?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Part of the learning curve is figuring out the parry window. It's actually surprisingly lenient.

The game days parry as the attack connects but with modern displays that's impossible and you'll end up failing parties a lot. You parry before the strike hits and usually you have a lot more frames to party before it hits than you think. Even if you are too early for the party you'll block.

Hate to break it you lads.... but those weren't poison rocks he was throwing at you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Had to laugh at a tagline on the RPS review of the game :)

Can he do it? Shuriken

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/27/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-review/

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Advertisement