Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm kind of at the stage where I'll reach a boss (miniboss) got battered , have an angry fit turn it off and then obsess about it in my head for hours then go back full of piss and vinegar and beat the guy i was stuck on

Or die again and repeat the cycle , I actually don't know whether I love or despise the game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hate to break it you lads.... but those weren't poison rocks he was throwing at you

Ah, fits with the
    farting
    so (oddest word I’ve ever had to spoiler)

Are people playing in English or Japanese audio? I started with the default Japanese and wondering now is English ok or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Are people playing in English or Japanese audio? I started with the default Japanese and wondering now is English ok or not.
    japanese audio with english subtitles

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Corrupted Monk can go fcuk himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I just passed my first encounter with the
    giant Snake
    , i have a feeling ill be seeing him again though :D

Got to the next boss
    dude on a horse
    and then got wrecked, ill leave it there for the night, the
    tied up ogre boss
    got my blood boiling, not that i found he was hard, just the pathing issues with his moves, they are terrible and need to be refined. Chap was kicking and grabing me when i was standing behind him and then landing drop kicks from 20feet away and around corners. WTF like

Also whats with this unseen aid? They briefly glossed over it in the early game tutorial, but ive still no idea what its doing..

Also with the
    dragon rot investigation
    , the things that pops up on screen telling you clues about someone who might have it, i got two but didnt know them or find them, and the last one i got before i logged i recognised, one of the early game NPC's. Is there anywhere in game where threes a log of these messages that pop up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I enjoy reading everyone's experience with the game and frustration with the bosses, keep it up! I think it's easier than the Soulsborne games. Stealth and the fact the character is so fast makes traversal area's easier than Soulsborne. None of the bosses really gave me any real trouble, except maybe the final boss. Once you get deflects down alot of the bosses become battles for posture.

I hope there are more hidden away bosses and surprises in my NG+ playthrough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Oh thank ******* Christ, I killed him. That was a pure endurance fight. Lasted 11 minutes!!!!! Fight before that I was almost there and the poxy terror got me. I don't like that mechanic, shouldn't take health while it's accumulating and takes ages for the bar to go down.

nix wrote: »
    I just passed my first encounter with the
    giant Snake
    , i have a feeling ill be seeing him again though :D

Got to the next boss
    dude on a horse
    and then got wrecked, ill leave it there for the night, the
    tied up ogre boss
    got my blood boiling, not that i found he was hard, just the pathing issues with his moves, they are terrible and need to be refined. Chap was kicking and grabing me when i was standing behind him and then landing drop kicks from 20feet away and around corners. WTF like

Also whats with this unseen aid? They briefly glossed over it in the early game tutorial, but ive still no idea what its doing..

Also with the
    dragon rot investigation
    , the things that pops up on screen telling you clues about someone who might have it, i got two but didnt know them or find them, and the last one i got before i logged i recognised, one of the early game NPC's. Is there anywhere in game where threes a log of these messages that pop up?

Unseen Aid just means you don't lose anything on death. Most of the time I have nothing to lose as I've already died so much. Did you complete Harata?

I wonder how many Gourd seeds there are. The numbers I've seen online don't seem right as there are (I think) 2 I haven't got which would take me over what they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So i made a massive booboo and decided to explore after Ashina Castle and wound up getting to the Gun Fort, and i was wondering why everyone was kicking my arse 2 ways from Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I tried out the English for a while since I was more accustomed to it from the previous games. But the voice acting just wasn't great so I went back to Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Been playing with English voice, they are decent but not as good as previous games. The voices for most of the main characters are alright, but soldiers and other enemies that have American accents, nah. Will play in Japanese on next run through.

Think I found a bug where you can still use the mortal blade attack even when you have none of those cross things left.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If yeah were all hardcore enough you'd just learn Japanese and turn the subtitles off, pffft.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If yeah were all hardcore enough you'd just learn Japanese and turn the subtitles off, pffft.

Otherwise you're just a Gaijin Weebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Here's a great tip for the
    Guardian Ape
    during the second phase. Equip the
    Umbrella Prosthetic
    when he does the roar and it will completely protect you from all of the terror. You can be right beside him while he's doing doing it which means when he's finished you can get some slashes in.

I'm still stuck on him though. Made a tonne of progress last night and called it a day after a few attempts

The game really clicked for me last night. I think I was still stuck in the Souls mindframe of trying to jump out of attacks and wait for openings. You really just have to rush everybody while timing your deflects. Beat
    Genichiro
    after a few goes and I beat him in the first phase without taking on hardly any damage. Second phase was tougher of course but I managed to do it.

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Here's a great tip for the
    Guardian Ape
    during the second phase. Equip the
    Umbrella Prosthetic
    when he does the roar and it will completely protect you from all of the terror. You can be right beside him while he's doing doing it which means when he's finished you can get some slashes in.

I'm still stuck on him though. Made a tonne of progress last night and called it a day after a few attempts

I really wish I knew this before I killed him. Might have made the prior 20-30ish goes a lot easier. Great to know for other bosses with that mechanic, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Really struggling with this. With dark souls, and bloodbourne, once i beat a boss i felt i had their number. I could do it again without a problem.
    In this it's like it's only luck.
    I get that the whole game mechanics are different, but it's hard to learn the deflection timing when you're almost dead after one hit.
    I have a few different places i can go, but the general with the spear is giving me all sorts if trouble. Miriki rarely works, and when he sweeps at you he also tracks you in to the air.

derfderf wrote: »
    I have a few different places i can go, but the general with the spear is giving me all sorts if trouble. Miriki rarely works, and when he sweeps at you he also tracks you in to the air.
    That mini-boss was an absolute nightmare for me. But it was also the point I got better at playing the game. After beating him I ended up breezing through 2 proper bosses straight afterwardss. Are you doing the stealth route to get the first deathblow?

• Advertisement

I had a lot of trouble with that mini boss too. One of the many enemies I came back to later. Go exploring and come back.

Current WR is under an hour. Interesting to see him beat the bosses: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402028406?t=01m02s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    That mini-boss was an absolute nightmare for me. But it was also the point I got better at playing the game. After beating him I ended up breezing through 2 proper bosses straight afterwardss. Are you doing the stealth route to get the first deathblow?

Yeah, every time. I never got more than half his health down, and even that was by poisoning him and backing off.

Did you complete Harata?

I got up to the end of the zone, was looking to snoop around a bit for secrets, while doing so i saw an npc to chat to near the mob at the end. Anyway the bastard ran in triggering the battle, i had no prep done at all in regards to even seeing how many there are or who to kill first. The NPC did **** all and ended up just dying so i ended up kiting like 7 mobs, killed them all eventually but didnt have much healing left and inevitably died.

I made the decision to go back to the other zone and finish that and then come back later, hoping to get some aoe abilities or a helpful prosthetic, even more gourds, as it feels like a tough fight, with regards to needing to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

nix wrote: »
    I got up to the end of the zone, was looking to snoop around a bit for secrets, while doing so i saw an npc to chat to near the mob at the end. Anyway the bastard ran in triggering the battle, i had no prep done at all in regards to even seeing how many there are or who to kill first. The NPC did **** all and ended up just dying so i ended up kiting like 7 mobs, killed them all eventually but didnt have much healing left and inevitably died.

I made the decision to go back to the other zone and finish that and then come back later, hoping to get some aoe abilities or a helpful prosthetic, even more gourds, as it feels like a tough fight, with regards to needing to heal.

Don't trigger the NPC, go around the left, dispatch of the mob, then trigger the NPC :)

petes wrote: »
    Don't trigger the NPC, go around the left, dispatch of the mob, then trigger the NPC :)

Yeah thats what i was gonna try and do next time, i just wasnt expecting the bastard to run off without a plan or an option for him to cool his jets :D:pac:

I tell you what, i really miss them fog gates, alot better than Fog exits :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The spear mini-boss definitely seems to be a major sticking point. I’ve read two articles where the authors have argued getting owned by it was the thing that prompted them to really get to grips with the mechanics. Guess he just hits really hard and needs the various different counters to overcome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played 90 mins there on sons xb one , felt like I was playing a parry simulator or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

The spear mini-boss definitely seems to be a major sticking point. I’ve read two articles where the authors have argued getting owned by it was the thing that prompted them to really get to grips with the mechanics. Guess he just hits really hard and needs the various different counters to overcome.

With this boss(and the same goes for most others as well) when they finish they're big combo use the axe prosthetic it does good posture damage.

Also I've found that you can interrupt perilous attacks,so if you can you can do it early use the axe it's really been my go to prosthetic weapon

• Advertisement

Killed the
    spear dude on the horse there, is he the dude in the long grass from the start of the game?
    , good fight, i was annoyed, i nearly had him on my first attempt today, but he got a hit in and my player wasnt responding to some commands when he got back up, seems jumping is the best way out of that, but eh, repeated attempts i got him down alot faster, think the games finally clicking.

So anyway, i kill him and decide to spend some points on skills, the one i picked up is the one that would have been super helpful in the fight, bit mad i didnt pick it up prior, i thought i did but must have decided to read into it more.. It was the flying grapple attack, i probably would have wrecked him alot quicker with that :o:(

EDIT: Also when should i be using dragon blood droplets? I'm currently at 10% unseen now, or does it not affect that? if not what should i be looking at lol

Advertisement