Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi,

I'm in Ashina Outskirts and taken out all mini bosses, I've reached Lady Butterfly also in memory but only have one pea. Is there a way to progress off Ashina Outskirts to lower levels where snake is or further areas or is the only way to kill Butterfly?

I seem to be stuck in this location, killed everything but can't find a way...

A guide says to use multiple peas with Butterfly so I must be missing something.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sticker wrote: »
    A guide says to use multiple peas with Butterfly so I must be missing something.

There's spots later on when you get more snap seeds, but I made it through that fight without them. Like most players I'd imagine I ran out of them pretty swiftly.

My crude but absolutely effective alternative technique
    was to just leg it when the illusions get summoned. Just literally sprint around the perimeter of the arena. After a little bit the spell will wear off, and keep sprinting until the illusions are turned into projectiles and fired at you. If you keep sprinting nothing should hit you. Then resume attacking.

If you can get in a hit or two to keep Butterfly's posture under pressure during the illusion stage, that's great. But what you can also do is use the quick dodge technique to offset any posture recovery. Rapidly dodge-attack, alternating left-right-left-right and you should quickly chip away at her health and posture while basically preventing her from attacking you.

I know it's easy to type all this, less easy in the heat of the fight :p But this technique worked wonders for me without any seeds, so hopefully it can be of some help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in Ashina Outskirts and taken out all mini bosses, I've reached Lady Butterfly also in memory but only have one pea. Is there a way to progress off Ashina Outskirts to lower levels where snake is or further areas or is the only way to kill Butterfly?

I seem to be stuck in this location, killed everything but can't find a way...

Any ideas? Thanks!

I think Butterfly is optional, but don't quote me on that! Snake shows up 3 times, the first 2 you can pass with gameplay, the 3rd needs something special. You don't need peas for Butterfly fight.
    During the phase when she spawns the shadows, kill a few but keep moving. Then when she snaps here fingers get behind a pillars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Thanks All - Murphys law - I just found the route down to the snake, went into hut and stabbed its eye. Went berserk!!

Dont know a way past it then but will perservere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Dcully wrote: »
    Played 90 mins there on sons xb one , felt like I was playing a parry simulator or something.
    Ah you must of got the Prepare to Parry edition!:p

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I did Butterfly without snap seeds. Key for me was (not sure if spoiler but just in case)
    to be aggressive and don't give her time to cast her illusions
    . Pretty sure she is mandatory.

ETA: just Checked and she is actually optional. Still great fight and good skill check for that stage of the game. She certainly helped me with deflecting.

I'm concerned about Rot Essence I've a feeling if left unchecked it will affect the ending or lock out things. What should be done about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

The spear mini-boss definitely seems to be a major sticking point. I’ve read two articles where the authors have argued getting owned by it was the thing that prompted them to really get to grips with the mechanics. Guess he just hits really hard and needs the various different counters to overcome.

Do you mean the general with the spear? I found the first spear boss easy enough. At least you can make a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

repeatedly spamming whirlwind slash on lady butterfly works. just press R1 as soon as your previous hit lands and she should be unable to do anything. This also works in her second phase. Just make sure you get rid of her little illusions first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Jesus... i killed the
    fire bull
    and went into the next area, a little exploring and i find there are many routes that i can go.. I decide to keep climbing up the castle. anyway getting to the top into the antechamper, i soon find the samurai's in jimjams are lethal, anyway cleared up until you grapple into the rafters. I jump down and kill one of the three, then two jimjam warriors run in too WTF???

Four mobs and im in a room i can barely swing a sword.. Obviously I run, but real heroic like, and i find a buddafire and soon after get killed, I respawn there and i think to myself NICE ONE.

Anyway i look across the room and i see double doors (boss room obviously) i go inside and start the boss fight. The dude gets up and comes at me straight away and raises his sword and shish kabob, dead in one hit in the blink of an eye...

Is this for real? or was climbing the tower the wrong path this early in the game? :eek::(:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

nix wrote: »
    Jesus... i killed the
    fire bull
    and went into the next area, a little exploring and i find there are many routes that i can go.. I decide to keep climbing up the castle. anyway getting to the top into the antechamper, i soon find the samurai's in jimjams are lethal, anyway cleared up until you grapple into the rafters. I jump down and kill one of the three, then two jimjam warriors run in too WTF???

Four mobs and im in a room i can barely swing a sword.. Obviously I run, but real heroic like, and i find a buddafire and soon after get killed, I respawn there and i think to myself NICE ONE.

Anyway i look across the room and i see double doors (boss room obviously) i go inside and start the boss fight. The dude gets up and comes at me straight away and raises his sword and shish kabob, dead in one hit in the blink of an eye...

Is this for real? or was climbing the tower the wrong path this early in the game? :eek::(:pac:
    its for real

Was having terrible trouble with
    Snake Eyes in the obligatory swamp area till I started to use firecrackers
    . I really need to start utilising the prosthetics more. I never have cash to upgrade though.

nix wrote: »
    Jesus... i killed the
    fire bull

While you can go there I would suggest going back to the hirata estate and trying for the boss there. At least then you can level up attack and defence a bit. If you haven't already.

Ah WTF
    Another headless guardian ape only now in a smaller arena
    is taking the piss. From Software hate their fans haha

Edit to add: Got one deathblow on it and ehm..... seriously?? Is this an optional challenge or mandatory for progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Just got this game last night myself. Not a frequent gamer really but a guy I work with talked me into it. Trying not to read too many spoilers on this thread.

Only played it as far as
    waking up with my arm
    . So barely started. I must read up on what "Shinobi" actually are as the guy
    who cuts off your arm sneakily after you defeat him
    says something like "Shinobi should know the difference between victory and honor". So I am assuming Shinobi are not considered honorable warriors in general? Showing my ignorance here?

I logged out after that but I kinda like the fact the guy who gives you the new arm just kicks you out of the house after and you have no quest line, no goal, no map reference, nothing. You just have to figure out what to do next on your own like there is no actual mission. Feels more "real" to me than how most games are just a series of missions and map markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So i just beat
    The 4 monkeys, was a nice little test of your stealth skills

Does anyone have any tips for those cnuts with the twinblades, they seem to have poise for weeks!

Ah WTF
    Another headless guardian ape only now in a smaller arena
    is taking the piss. From Software hate their fans haha

Edit to add: Got one deathblow on it and ehm..... seriously?? Is this an optional challenge or mandatory for progress?

Where is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Quick general question about PC performance.

If my rig struggles to play DS3 at anything other than lowest possible settings, will it be necessary to get a better GPU before considering Sekiro?

(I think I already know the answer to this one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

beans wrote: »
    Quick general question about PC performance.

If my rig struggles to play DS3 at anything other than lowest possible settings, will it be necessary to get a better GPU before considering Sekiro?

(I think I already know the answer to this one)

As far as i know it's the same engine, so chances are if you struggle with DS3, you'll struggle with this.

Where is this?
    Poison pool budda statue, you have to beat the second snake eyes then you go into a cavern and there is headless guardian ape. Second phase is seriously trolling, I won't ruin it unless you want me to

I'm guessing it's optional if you don't know about it. Might go back later.

• Advertisement

beans wrote: »

I suppose it depends on what settings you use in the game? Couldn't tell you must about this myself.

I am running the game on the 1050ti (currently about 140 euro) and put all the settings to the highest, and have had no issues whatsoever as yet. But as I said above I have only played the first hour or so of the game really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I am running the game on the 1050ti (currently about 140 euro) and put all the settings to the highest,

Really? And your getting decent FPS? I'm really surprised by that!!

^ I do not use anything to measure my FPS. I just play the game and if I see issues I reduce the settings and if I do not, I continue playing :) I never get into the stats about it. I know there are short cut keys that get the Steam software, or the Nvidia software, to tell you what FPS you are getting. Not sure I ever actually used it though. As I said above I am not that much of a gamer.

Right now it just feels smooth and no issues. So far.

Poison pool budda statue, you have to beat the second snake eyes then you go into a cavern and there is headless guardian ape. Second phase is seriously trolling, I won't ruin it unless you want me to

I'm guessing it's optional if you don't know about it. Might go back later.

Went and had a look just now, if you enter this arena from the other side he isn't there, that's why i missed it maybe. Or maybe i didn't fight him in the previous fight yet. Anyway, beat him first try :D My character is overpowered now though.

Back outside in the poison pool though. How do you get up on top of the cave? I see some items up there but don't know how to get to them

^ I do not use anything to measure my FPS. I just play the game and if I see issues I reduce the settings and if I do not, I continue playing :) I never get into the stats about it. I know there are short cut keys that get the Steam software, or the Nvidia software, to tell you what FPS you are getting. Not sure I ever actually used it though. As I said above I am not that much of a gamer.

Right now it just feels smooth and no issues. So far.

You can get an innocuous number in the corner really easily through steam. Press shift +tab. Click setting along the bottom and the option is there somewhere.

Went and had a look just now, if you enter this arena from the other side he isn't there, that's why i missed it maybe. Or maybe i didn't fight him in the previous fight yet. Anyway, beat him first try :D My character is overpowered now though.

Back outside in the poison pool though. How do you get up on top of the cave? I see some items up there but don't know how to get to them

On top of the statue? Not sure how to get up there. But across from where snake eyes was
    there's wooden scaffolding
    which is how I went into it.

First phase of fight was grand but I wasn't expecting
    2nd ape to drop in
    so I panicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

PC performance in this game is incredibly good on all hardware it seems.

Apparently the game also runs great on Linux too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

6700k and 1080ti and I'm getting 60fps at 4k ultra without aa, runs like a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

6700k and 1080ti and I'm getting 60fps at 4k ultra without aa, runs like a dream

It'd be interesting to see what the 1050TI is pumping out at 1080p on high settings.

I think my next purchase will be a 1440p screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to see what the 1050TI is pumping out at 1080p on high settings.

I think my next purchase will be a 1440p screen.

Think a 1440p monitor will be my next purchase too :D 4k@60fps is too damn demanding and GPUs arnt advancing cost effeciently enough for it in my opinion. A 2080ti can just about do 60fps on most games at 4k.....for the low price of 1200euro haha

Advertisement