Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I'm guessing it's optional if you don't know about it. Might go back later.
    It's technically optional. if you haven't beaten the
    Guardian Ape
    the first time then he wont be there. However, I never got to that particular area before I killed the boss so now i have to fight
    The 2 Guardian Apes
    . It's the first time I thought the game was being complete bull****. Good trolling I guess.......

On top of the statue? Not sure how to get up there. But across from where snake eyes was
    there's wooden scaffolding
    which is how I went into it.

First phase of fight was grand but I wasn't expecting
    2nd ape to drop in
    so I panicked.

How the **** do you
    fight two of them at once?!
    Just did it. I was using too much mortal blade on the headless ape. Take your time in phase 1, then use firecrackers on the 2nd ape to posture him quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

While you can go there I would suggest going back to the hirata estate and trying for the boss there. At least then you can level up attack and defence a bit. If you haven't already.

Yeah when i was in bed, after finishing crying, i thought to myself, shoulda just went back to Hirata :eek::pac:

I really need to hone my fighting technique, i just keep reverting back to sword and board style fighting from Darksouls. Its just mostly failed deflects to blocks (or so it seems) and then just windmilling in :D

this game will run at 1080p on an ancient 750ti

it's very well optimised as a game.

as for gaming in general a powerful graphics card and 1440p monitor with a high refresh rate is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Just got this game last night myself. Not a frequent gamer really but a guy I work with talked me into it. Trying not to read too many spoilers on this thread.

Only played it as far as
    waking up with my arm
    . So barely started. I must read up on what "Shinobi" actually are as the guy
    who cuts off your arm sneakily after you defeat him
    says something like "Shinobi should know the difference between victory and honor". So I am assuming Shinobi are not considered honorable warriors in general? Showing my ignorance here?

I logged out after that but I kinda like the fact the guy who gives you the new arm just kicks you out of the house after and you have no quest line, no goal, no map reference, nothing. You just have to figure out what to do next on your own like there is no actual mission. Feels more "real" to me than how most games are just a series of missions and map markers.
    Shinobi is a synonym for ninja. Essentially they were mercs and used unconventional forms of warfare. Samurai hated them.

• Advertisement

Have trouble timing the mikiri counter which I assume is what I have to use on our spear wielding pal in Hirata Estate and bait him into using the attack that shows the red japanese symbols.

Actually did I go there too soon ? I went there as soon I got the item from the old woman. From what I found there in terms of items it feels like the game wanted me there at that point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have trouble timing the mikiri counter which I assume is what I have to use on our spear wielding pal in Hirata Estate and bait him into using the attack that shows the red japanese symbols.

Actually did I go there too soon ? I went there as soon I got the item from the old woman. From what I found there in terms of items it feels like the game wanted me there at that point

It's alright I'm still stuck on the same fella aswell and it's just depressing me looking at youtube videos because they make it so easy and no you haven't gone there too soon

I might have missed the game explaining about resurrection, I've got 2 icons. One you have at all times and you get back after resting and another you refill by killing enemies.

Is it that you can't use the second in the same fight or how does it work ? I noticed it gets locked out if you use the first one :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You need to land a deathblow for an opportunity to use a second resurrection. It ‘unlocks’ the option again. Killing enemies refills the different bars.

Typically in a boss fight then it’s one resurrection and you’re out. But if you resurrect in the first phase and then land a deathblow it’s possible to have a second in the same fight.

Turns out spear guy is easy in the end just bait his attack and don't bother trying to time the Mikiri Counter mash B or O without touching the left stick and follow up with a charged attack, dies in 3 or 4 hits assuming you got a stealth attack in at the start :D

• Advertisement

Where do i get an abundance of snap seeds? fooking butterfly bitch :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Turns out spear guy is easy in the end just bait his attack and don't bother trying to time the Mikiri Counter mash B or O without touching the left stick and follow up with a charged attack, dies in 3 or 4 hits assuming you got a stealth attack in at the start :D

Wish I found him that easy :( been trying that and it ain't working for me can do the stealth attack no problem and as soon as i face off with him he does me in attacks either to bad timing or i don't know anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

nix wrote: »
    Where do i get an abundance of snap seeds? fooking butterfly bitch :mad:

You can do it, you just need to deal with adds is all.

I did it! No seeds :pac:

I actually got a nice attack pattern down on her and actually wrecked her, it was glorious! :)

Wish I found him that easy :( been trying that and it ain't working for me can do the stealth attack no problem and as soon as i face off with him he does me in attacks either to bad timing or i don't know anymore

You're too close I'd say, that was my mistake. Once I stayed out of range and dodged away and waited for the perilous attack then mashed B and not touch the left stick to close the distance and do the Mikiri he was done without a scratch on me.

Try it out in the training but I found that wasn't a help for the fight as he lacks the range of the spear guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

How the **** do you
    fight two of them at once?!
    Just did it. I was using too much mortal blade on the headless ape. Take your time in phase 1, then use firecrackers on the 2nd ape to posture him quickly

Actually just did it meself and it was grand. I panicked this morning when "that" happened but had another go when I got in from work and it was no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Just beat three bosses/mini bosses, that had been kicking me around, in the space of an hour.
    The dude up the top of the tower was a good fight.
    Lone swordsman was quite cheap i thought. Potentially a great fight, but the small apace kept causing me to lose track and lock on.

derfderf wrote: »
    Just beat three bosses/mini bosses, that had been kicking me around, in the space of an hour.
    The dude up the top of the tower was a good fight.
    Lone swordsman was quite cheap i thought. Potentially a great fight, but the small apace kept causing me to lose track and lock on.

Agree 100% about Lone Shadow Longswordsman, hard to believe that camera passed UAT.

I'm just after making me way through
    misty forest
    or whatever its name is. I really liked that level. Felt lost. Great atmosphere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Took on
    Guardian Ape
    encore there and wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Actually learned to appreciate the fight a lot more - rather than just timidly running in for one or two hits, I was more aggressive with the parrying and it turned into a much more dynamic and manageable fight. Immensely satisfying to deflect his heavy downward attack and then run in for a few easy hits. I take back what I said about it being my least favourite :)

It is annoying as hell when
    minor ape
    hops in to the fray. He's very weak, but it's hard to find an opening when you can get in while avoiding the other chap. Think I got a bit lucky with a heavy posture damage move and took him out swiftly in the end.

Yeah that was actually OK I thought though at first I was thinking it was a troll. Likewise enjoyed it more than my full 11 minute nerve racking experience before. Especially using
    Upgraded loaded umbrella for blocking terror

Just after switching off for the night at
    Corrupted Monk phantom. She hits hard. I'm presuming this is just practice for the real thing. Enjoyed the fight with O'Rin of the Water. Quickly found out both speech options and running past her triggers the fight so went at and was delighted to beat her.

• Advertisement

Fighting the
    Spear dude by the castle
    mini boss, hes hard as ****, but thats not the annoying thing, its the retarded effort to get back to him every time.

I was fighting him there and nearly had him beat, good few heals left too, anyway he came at me swinging a lot and i jumped back too far and off the cliff. Now when you fall off a cliff usually it just respawns you back by the cliff side in which you fell. What does it do this time? Respawns me at the bottom of the steps in which the mini boss stands at the top of, and i fell off at the back of the zone a good 50feet away :confused::mad:

So i pull about 3 extra adds and RIP.

****ing game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played today for the first time since i beat it. There was a few optional enemies that i missed but i just went ahead into NG+ Not only do enemies hit harder but there is an item you can give to Kuro that you got from NG that makes it so you take damage through your guard. So all "blocks" have to be perfect deflects or its gonna hurt you :pac: I died at the first mini boss after you meet the Sculptor :D

Had abit of a search on the internet also and it seems there are multiple endings to the game, the one i got being the "bad" ending and locking whole sections of the end game off :pac: Tempted to start the game over fresh rather that go for the other ending in NG+

If you wish to avoid the "mistake" i made that makes the game shorter: Minor
    Don't follow the Iron Code, side with Kuro to the very end
    Pretty obvious, i know :P

Yeah i think ill start over! Should be fast enough running through the game again since i've been through once already. NG+ can wait!

I think the biggest problem I'm having with it as a game is it's too similar to their other games in terms of every thing but the combat. They say it's not Dark Souls/ BB but really it is despite the combat. How the hub works and NPC's and lore etc. It's almost the same as DS3 and BB and I'm not even that deep. I can see how the NPC's will be tied to the hub and the deathrot being a factor to them being alive or dead depending on what you do and they ending being affected by that.

Nothing surprises me here and to be honest at the minute the 'fatigue' is setting in.

I think the biggest problem I'm having with it as a game is it's too similar to their other games in terms of every thing but the combat. They say it's not Dark Souls/ BB but really it is despite the combat. How the hub works and NPC's and lore etc. It's almost the same as DS3 and BB and I'm not even that deep. I can see how the NPC's will be tied to the hub and the deathrot being a factor to them being alive or dead depending on what you do and they ending being affected by that.

Nothing surprises me here and to be honest at the minute the 'fatigue' is setting in.

Well its a type of game a lot of people like, i love how 'From software' can change a style of game up so much, different combat system, different kind of weapons and abilities. It's just so fresh and new feeling and i get the opposite of fatigue.

Like when you take a look at the likes of say, Assassins creed for example, there's like 10 of them now and they dont change much at all, they just keep adding **** on top of it and hope it works. Srsly, theres very little difference between games, the addition of ships is the only thing that stands out.

Im tired of game companies just ticking boxes and giving people what they ask for, i much prefer 'From softwares' approach of giving us something that we didnt know we wanted, its much much better, full of surprises and always worth the wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Best thing to do is clear out the area where he is, it really easy to stealth them if you do one at a time and then hide on top of the tower and repeat, then stealth him and then lure him over to the wall on the left hand side, keep attacking him pushing him forward and he will get stuck and just wail away on him till he dies, its a cheap victory though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I'm finding my feet in it now. It is a struggle though. The hardest part is letting go of positioning, and i stil can't. In the souls games it was so important. In Sekiro the enemies close distance super quick, and most attacks track you, and have an arc.
    I still haven't had that moment where i know beating the game is just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I’ve had to walk away I’ve read about later bosses having 2 health bars I just can’t see myself beating it in blood borne I leveled up a lot grinding and that helped me big time for the bosses but you can’t really do that in this I don’t think anyways

I've arrived at the
    Mibu village
    shrine and I think I'll give Sekiro a break for a while. Really can't get on with the game at all. I like the combat and tolerate the stealth but it's the blandness of the locations and a fairly uninteresting story so far imo are really turning me off the game.
    Anyone feel similar or are we all happy enough?

So beat
    Corrupted Monk phantom. Not looking forward to fighting her with three deathblow markers

Made my way back to
    Ashina Castle
    and OMFG. Was doing bad enough against one
    Purple ninja and ninja dogo
    when two more of each jumped in. Switched off. When I get back to it I'll be munching down candy.

Cake, I like it a lot. I do be dreading putting it on but when I do I can't get away from it.

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Well its a type of game a lot of people like, i love how 'From software' can change a style of game up so much, different combat system, different kind of weapons and abilities. It's just so fresh and new feeling and i get the opposite of fatigue.

Like when you take a look at the likes of say, Assassins creed for example, there's like 10 of them now and they dont change much at all, they just keep adding **** on top of it and hope it works. Srsly, theres very little difference between games, the addition of ships is the only thing that stands out.

Im tired of game companies just ticking boxes and giving people what they ask for, i much prefer 'From softwares' approach of giving us something that we didnt know we wanted, its much much better, full of surprises and always worth the wait :pac:

I wouldn't be accusing them of ticking boxes :D

No like I said the combat etc are their own thing, it's just that everything else feels overly familiar to me at this point. At this point I'm waiting for certain things to happen back in the hub and maybe I'll be wrong and totally surprised but I don't think I will be.

The world feels better than some of the other games in a lot of ways and I keep forgetting Wolf can swim, on one occasion I muttered ffs when I dodged off a ledge to my death or not, I found myself treading water and discovered a cave with some goodies :P

Advertisement