Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Wrapping up the endgame stuff I missed before. Some of the mini-boss variants are pretty mental. There’s a
    red-eye version of the Ashina Castle samurai elite
    who hits like a bulldozer. Ditto a
    fire-spewing drunkard surrounded by a powerful mob
    that I only managed to take down as he decided to charge at me through a door he couldn’t get through :pac:

aye im doing all the exploring now before i hit where i presume the final boss is and i spend the next few days crying.

Just killed the
    red eyed samurai
    and am working on the
    firedrunk
    now, shouldnt take long, nearly had him on first go but got camera ****ed at a wall. Why do they do that? the same in all their games, you put your back to a wall and you get vertigo, just let the camera through the wall and have it go transparent some so you can see and relocate.

Anyway, think im nearly done after that mini boss wise, just one more underwater
    headless

Oh the
    sculptor
    has done a houdini, is that the end of him or where has he gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Week off work now so hopefully finish it this weekend!

nix wrote: »
    Ah i know that, but i mean i have unlocked the prerequisite skills for the last skill in one of the trees, but its still "unavailable". Which makes me think its an item or enemy ive to kill somewhere to unlock it. But theres not much left for me to kill i dont think :confused:

No idea about that. Git gud scrub

No idea about that. Git gud scrub

wow!

Nah as it turned out the one tree i had unlocked all the way up to the end, i didnt get the item to unlock the last skill until after the 2nd last story boss when you talk to Emma.

I unlocked the skills to the end of the first tree now, and it now says i need 6 points, so all good :)

Except the grinding needed to get them :(

Oh and i think i found the
    Sculptor
    again... i think... hes a bit mad by the look of it.. :(

nix wrote: »
    wow!

Nah as it turned out the one tree i had unlocked all the way up to the end, i didnt get the item to unlock the last skill until after the 2nd last story boss when you talk to Emma.

I unlocked the skills to the end of the first tree now, and it now says i need 6 points, so all good :)

Except the grinding needed to get them :(

Oh and i think i found the
    Sculptor
    again... i think... hes a bit mad by the look of it.. :(

Don't mind the 'git good' comment, arseholes say that.

Didn't do too much grinding except for some divine blessings. Turns out I didn't need them, just made a fight shorter.

Didn't use too much of the skills, did find by accident that a few bosses don't like particular skills!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Yeah might go back and fight butterfly , Found 7 spears insanely difficult the few times I tried him
    I've only struggled with one boss more than 7 spears, and he's a good bit further through the game. Leave him for now.
    Lady butterfly is much easier once you figure her out.

Is it just me, or does it occasionally cause a dodge forward when you try to use an item? It's gotten me in to all sorts of mischief.

petes wrote: »
    Don't mind the 'git good' comment, arseholes say that.

Ah hes just playin :P

Does anybody else shout profanities when they die on a long fight in these games? Like turn the neighbors heads levels of shouting :pac:

Anyway, spent some time there taking care of
    Demon of hatred
    , now THATS a souls boss.
    Ape
    is also, but this guy just looks like he belongs.. :p:pac:

Now onto the last boss.... might take a break for awhile though.. Wait for my stress levels to normalize :pac:

On the last boss, he can **** off ha

On the last boss, he can **** off ha

He sure is... I've only just started tackling it, i can now get through phase one
    (Genchiro)
    handily enough, and i think ive got a safe method down for phase two. I only just got to phase 3, first time, as soon as i seen that
    spear
    come out, i nearly cried :(

My tactic for phase two will not work in phase three with that bastard spears reach :mad:

Back to the drawing board.. :pac:

• Advertisement

Haven't farmed anything so far but think I'll go and do a bit now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I've spent two hours with this, and finally besting that first mini-boss felt pretty great! Seems that lots of practice of the various fight mechanics is in my future.

Very pretty, and very satisfying!

Haven't farmed anything so far but think I'll go and do a bit now!

I didnt want to really farm ever at any point, but i was running low on emblems, so felt it best to farm alot of sen so i can buy a ton of them, then i kinda found a good way to make lots of sen so have been trying to get all prosthetic upgrades, i dont think its possible to get all in one play through :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One tip for speeding through the second phase of the final boss. If you deflect the first in his standard three-four hit combo and counter attack immediately he’ll often repeat the same thing. Does a lot of posture damage so if you’re lucky you can get a good half of the bar up in a couple of seconds. His wind up times for other moves are quite long so you usually have plenty of time to respond if he does something else instead - as you’ve probably figured out, a lot of them are easily ‘punishable’, especially his longer range moves.

Third and fourth stages you’re on your own :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I had more problems with the general (mid-boss) than Gyoubu Oniwa on his horse :pac:

Think I'm getting the hang of the combat now?
    OFC this game will probably remind me in a few moments that I'm mistaken...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I had my first yeah I'm getting good at this game , faced the general on the steps of ashina castle (surrounded by gunners) and I killed him and his 4 goons on my 1st go without losing much if any health , It felt good for a split second until I went to the roof and almost lost my actual life

Most of you will know why

I had my first yeah I'm getting good at this game , faced the general on the steps of ashina castle (surrounded by gunners) and I killed him and his 4 goons on my 1st go without losing much if any health , It felt good for a split second until I went to the roof and almost lost my actual life

Most of you will know why

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Me "beating" the Guardian ape first time

"Well that was easy, don't know what all the fuss was abooooooooooohhhh nooooooooo"

So hitting last boss hard tonight, i had a go where i got passed phase 1 and 2 without needing to heal, dont even think i got hit. Then i had a slog in phase 3 but managed it, got to phase 4 and then just got overwhelmed.

And now i cant get passed phase 2 since, knew that would happen :D:pac::mad:

So I finally understood how to approach the area with Juzou the Drunkard, managed to cheese him with the help of Axe combo & the friendly NPC.
    But turns out
    there's a locked door & I don't have the key. Guess I gotta go back to the castle.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So I finally understood how to approach the area with Juzou the Drunkard, managed to cheese him with the help of Axe combo & the friendly NPC.
    But turns out
    there's a locked door & I don't have the key. Guess I gotta go back to the castle.

If you killed
    Juzou the Drunkard
    , you should be able to progress on to the end of the Hirata zone, dont recall needing a key for that end part :confused:

EDIT: Actually there is, I remember now, the key is located in
    the hirata estate zone, you dont need to go back out to find it, you likely just missed it.

I haven't given the specific location of the key in the spoiler above, just the zone its in, so no major spoilers.

I also missed the key at that stage, had to Google it to find it.

Only had a few attempts at the last boss.

Decided to play some Dark Souls instead ha, never finished it!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Made some great progress at the weekend. Thought after spending about 2 hours trying to beat Genichiro that id hit my limit with this game, but it actually gets a bit easier after him!

Guardian Ape was a right pain in the ass until I found out that
    in phase 2 you can use the loaded spear on him after he goes to ground to absolutely destroy his posture
    . He suddenly became very easy after that.

I can tell though that Corrupted Monk is going to take a lot of work to get past...

I can tell though that Corrupted Monk is going to take a lot of work to get past...

My longest roadblock in the game. I basically took all boosts i could, and it still took a few goes. I struggled causing any significant damage, and his posture at half health recovers quicker than yours at full.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

derfderf wrote: »
    My longest roadblock in the game. I basically took all boosts i could, and it still took a few goes. I struggled causing any significant damage, and his posture at half health recovers quicker than yours at full.

I passed him last night... What a rush!

Phew, what a fight, finally beat the last boss.
    Zero cheese used, just badass swordplay. What a game!

Haha i nearly had him beat last night, literally two more hits/deflects and my hands started shaking, nerves shot and FAIL.. All i could do was laugh :D

The only thing i hated on that last fight was
    the terrain, i also found the long grass a head wreck at times.. Just adds to the realism of being in an actual sword fight i guess :D

Right so I doubled back around Hirata Estate and came across
    Mist Raven. He was kicking my ass, so I said "feck it" and jumped back in the water.
    The eejit jumped right after me & drowned!
    :pac:

Beat Madame Butterfly - but not before losing 2000 sen.
    Lesson for the day: buy large money pouches!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finally beat Corrupted monk last night. Had wasted my snap seeds and divine confetti on a few nearly go's but toughed it out and got into the rhythm and can now progress again.

• Advertisement

Also had MASSIVE trouble with Blazing Bull; the bastard actually made me Alt+F4 2 times!

But I looked it up and I think I finally understand - Sekiro isn't Dark Souls.
    Circling and waiting for openings doesn't work.
    You have to PARRY & be aggressive to win.

So I parried his charges, stunned him and put the poor moomoo down.

Advertisement