Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm at a point where skill points are 15000 a pop.

I spent 2 hours grinding for 3 points in later stage castle only to invest in extra totems. I got ONE!

Aaaargh - what a waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I only realised you could spend kill points the other day

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s a fairly substantial mid-game stretch where it felt (to me anyway) like the money and skill points you earn are pretty limited. There’s a few late game areas that are much more generous.

Although if you need money at any stage, Gun Fort is the place to be :)

Yeah, was trying to grind a bit and there is a place late on which is quite good.

Came back to this this morning after a week or so away. Talk about rusty.

I decided I'd jump head first into a pack of monkeys and that did not end well :D

I left off at the guardian ape , was managing the first phase ok util I got
    farted on
    and had
    poop
    thrown at me. He them spammed a jumping slam to finish me off.

Camera is a pain there at times, usual from issue if you take the battle to the sides and the panic to track and get locked on again ensues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

If you wanna grind out some Sen the Hirata estate is a solid spot early game. Pop the balloon that increases drop rates and run around killing everyone but don't suck up their loot/coin. Then pop a balloon that increases Sen gain and run back over the area you cleared sucking everything up.

This is the only area i ever did grinding on, did 2 runs. Dunno how late game is, but as mentioned above Gun Fort seems the place to be. Also don't forget to bank your coin buy purchasing money backs from vendors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

There's a place in
    fountainhead palace
    at the end, where it was netting me 6000 sen and about 3-4k xp, quick clear, takes about 2-3mins, rest then repeat. Havent found better yet..

Sen is easy to get at the end, xp is always a slog..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is the Demon of Hatred actually impossible? :mad:

Thargor wrote: »
    Is the Demon of Hatred actually impossible? :mad:

I walked in, threw a few slaps, nope, havent went back!

I will though, same as most bosses although it's hard to find a pattern when you're running away ha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It feels like the end of the game though, or the way to the ending, I cant go much other places or am I being thick?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s near the end of the game,
    but an optional fight. Your choices are either that or the final fight, which is over in the field where you first fought Genichiro. I didn’t even come across DoH until I was running around cleaning up stuff after the credits - still haven’t taken the time to actually take it down, mind.

If it’s giving you hassle, you can easily ignore it for now. Although you won’t find much relief in the final boss :pac:

Demon of hatred is actually fairly easy once you get used to the attacks he dishes out, they are all fairly easy to block/evade. It will take a load of attempts but hes a lot less stressful than the final boss ;)

Semi mastered the first phase in the Guardian Ape fight, it's usually the terror that does for me in the second part. Seems to be fewer opportunities for attacks here too. Break needed.

EDIT: and dead, second phase was actually easier once I got his patterns down and used the loaded spear.

Another decent fight, in no way cheap and all about learning when to and how to strike and with what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I couldn't beat the dude with the bow and arrow at the top of Ashina keep so I went wandering looking for prayer beads to level up. I ended up in the temple and sunken valley and beat most of the bosses there (except snakes eyes). I also beat the ninja blocking the way to the depths but again couldn't beat snake eyes down there. After beating lady butterfly in the estate I went back and managed to beat the bow and arrow guy but it wasn't easy. The upside is I was simply able to warp to the temple and fight the monkeys straight away after beating him. I also think I got lucky with armored warrior as my first deathblow just happened to be at the side and sent him pummeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Semi mastered the first phase in the Guardian Ape fight, it's usually the terror that does for me in the second part. Seems to be fewer opportunities for attacks here too. Break needed.

EDIT: and dead, second phase was actually easier once I got his patterns down and used the loaded spear.

Another decent fight, in no way cheap and all about learning when to and how to strike and with what.

That was a good fight. But the jumping grab + dodgy camera combo killed me many times.

I deflect/blocked most of the attacks, jumped away and then got in for a few hits.

Wasn't too bad a boss in the end, enjoyed the fight.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I couldn't beat the dude with the bow and arrow at the top of Ashina keep so I went wandering looking for prayer beads to level up. I ended up in the temple and sunken valley and beat most of the bosses there (except snakes eyes). I also beat the ninja blocking the way to the depths but again couldn't beat snake eyes down there. After beating lady butterfly in the estate I went back and managed to beat the bow and arrow guy but it wasn't easy. The upside is I was simply able to warp to the temple and fight the monkeys straight away after beating him. I also think I got lucky with armored warrior as my first deathblow just happened to be at the side and sent him pummeling.

I think that's part of of the charm of From Softwares games, you may be stuck at a boss but you can always go some else and get your ass handed to you.

I went to the butterfly, first health done first time then got stuck. Headed off somewhere else and came back later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Any of you guys using
    Sen Throw?
    It is worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

petes wrote: »
    I think that's part of of the charm of From Softwares games, you may be stuck at a boss but you can always go some else and get your ass handed to you.

I went to the butterfly, first health done first time then got stuck. Headed off somewhere else and came back later :)

It's a lot harder though this time cause you can't level up by fighting regular mobs or get co-op

sticker wrote: »
    Any of you guys using
    Sen Throw?
    It is worth getting?

You need to get it either way if you want to fully upgrade the shruiken, you cant do that until end game though so best leave it until you're in a position where you can grind sen easy.

• Advertisement

Stealth kill on the
    snake
    raining blood and Sekiro covered in it. Very cool.

Making good progress, down I go through a poison swamp and a mini boss then down again and who's this I see, my fleabag pal from earlier???? Already in 2nd form, well I know from earlier what to do and this will be cake as long as I can avoid terror in the more cramped conditions. Deflect deflect spear spear and first phase is over with no damage.

And then yeah From just **** on you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Typical: the one time I don't get the stealth-hit on a mini-boss, I manage to beat him!

Kinda unsure where to go now though.
    I've defeated
    the Ashina Elite in Ashina Castle - Dojo, but the way upstairs is closed.
    I also managed to find my way to the beginning area of Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo but haven't explored - guess that's next?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Typical: the one time I don't get the stealth-hit on a mini-boss, I manage to beat him!

Kinda unsure where to go now though.
    I've defeated
    the Ashina Elite in Ashina Castle - Dojo, but the way upstairs is closed.
    I also managed to find my way to the beginning area of Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo but haven't explored - guess that's next?

There's a window in the left corner from where you enter the dojo where you fought the Ashina elite, you can climb further through there, enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Gave this a lash last night, wasn't finding it too difficult so far.

Concerned about
    dragonrot and its implications on the story, as got two little statue things?

Also got to
    Ashina castle the memory that happens three years ago died a few times from rushing and once with the shinobi hunter

Really enjoying it though reminds me more of Bloodbourne than DS, any mistake is easily punished.

I stopped caring about it the
    Dragon Rot
    I mean. Just cure it after milestones in the game like a main boss or new area. I think it just stops NPCs progressing their questlines and lowers unseen aid which is a rubbish stat anyway imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

RE: Dragonrot
    I finished the game 3 times now and I'm pretty sure the only effect this has is that it affects your unseen aid percentage and it makes you feel a bit of a shame. I could be wrong, but I've not noticed any difference in terms of questlines

Making good progress, down I go through a poison swamp and a mini boss then down again and who's this I see, my fleabag pal from earlier???? Already in 2nd form, well I know from earlier what to do and this will be cake as long as I can avoid terror in the more cramped conditions. Deflect deflect spear spear and first phase is over with no damage.

And then yeah From just **** on you :D
    This and the original fight were the funniest parts of the game for me. Genuinely funny like.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can i just say
    **** isshin

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Can i just say
    **** isshin
    It's my favourite boss in the game. On my first playthrough though it took many hours of pain. You can do it!

Advertisement