Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

How close to the end am I ? When I left off last night I was back at the castle after
    all the idols got greyed out and making my way back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

How close to the end am I ? When I left off last night I was back at the castle after
    all the idols got greyed out and making my way back up.

Still a bit to go as far as I can remember

Spike in difficulty right there!!

No kidding , got one shotted by the boss at vitality 17 just there, health almost full. Might have survived it had I gone in fully healed.

jesus that was intense, i basically ran from him baiting the double shruniken , jump attack and hit him with mortal draw for 2 hits. Took me a few tried to time jumping away from the running attack with the slash.

FYI mortal blade use is unlimited in that fight, it'll use what spirit emblems you have but you can keep using it.

I was poking with the spear and
    got mikiri countered
    instant death on a full bar :D

• Advertisement

Actually I'm stuck now. I thought I was ready to move the game on but Kuro still talks about
    the flower and the stone
    it must be the
    bottomless hole I haven't been too
    :confused:

EDIT: Never mind travelling away and pack moved things on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Actually I'm stuck now. I thought I was ready to move the game on but Kuro still talks about
    the flower and the stone
    it must be the
    bottomless hole I haven't been too
    :confused:

Have you killed
    corrupted monk?
    The items you get after that fight and the ape are the ones you need.

You probably have been down the
    bottomless hole
    already - there are other ways there. If you do want to explore it start digging around in the dungeons, but I’m pretty sure you’ve been there through another path :)

Genichiro is absolutely slaughtering me. I keep messing up the mikiri counter on his perilous attack, and can't even get his first health bar down past 50%.
    I thought I was doing well enough at this until now!
    Never played the dark souls games, but the Tenchu vibe is strong in this so I've been enjoying it up until now. But this bastard is really infuriating me!

Have you killed
    corrupted monk?
    The items you get after that fight and the ape are the ones you need.

You probably have been down the
    bottomless hole
    already - there are other ways there. If you do want to explore it start digging around in the dungeons, but I’m pretty sure you’ve been there through another path :)

Thanks, travelling away and back to Kuro sorted it, but I'd never actully jumped in the hole. Got a fist of ash and something else for my trouble there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

So I killed snake eyes down ashina depths to get my third prayer bead, then you can imagine my surprise when my fourth was up the top of a Budda statue!

Then i realise there's a whole gigantic new area down the depths. Killed some ****ing noble and I think I'm after warping into another dimension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Genichiro is absolutely slaughtering me. I keep messing up the mikiri counter on his perilous attack, and can't even get his first health bar down past 50%.
    I thought I was doing well enough at this until now!
    Never played the dark souls games, but the Tenchu vibe is strong in this so I've been enjoying it up until now. But this bastard is really infuriating me!

I felt like that too at first, but you can do it! Like many have said on here before, you absolutely have to keep up in his face. Keep hitting him until he deflects (different sound and light) and then block until he lets up and repeat. Any time he backs off, chase him. Don't give him time to breathe!

In phase one, basically any perilous attack can be Mikiri countered (although he may have a grab i think), in phase 2 he will switch to a sweep after his jump/stomp, so very predictable.

I would suggest going back to the training guy near the dilapidated temple and spending a good 15 or 20 minutes practising your Mikiri. It will make all the difference.

Good luck!

Where does
    Emma
    go after you progress to
    Fountainhead Palace
    haven't taken out the boss there so maybe thats where they went?

I felt like that too at first, but you can do it! Like many have said on here before, you absolutely have to keep up in his face. Keep hitting him until he deflects (different sound and light) and then block until he lets up and repeat. Any time he backs off, chase him. Don't give him time to breathe!

In phase one, basically any perilous attack can be Mikiri countered (although he may have a grab i think), in phase 2 he will switch to a sweep after his jump/stomp, so very predictable.

I would suggest going back to the training guy near the dilapidated temple and spending a good 15 or 20 minutes practising your Mikiri. It will make all the difference.

Good luck!

About an hour after posting I managed to get him down to 50% of his second health bar, got hit by an arrow and it all went to crap after that! Progress though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Where does
    Emma
    go after you progress to
    Fountainhead Palace
    haven't taken out the boss there so maybe thats where they went?

You can find her either
    in Hiro's room area, with the sculptor or chillin with Ishin

I think thats all anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Played a bit more of this now stuck on
    Lady butterfly

Kicking my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I got too frustrated with Genichiro (lost 3 levels & 1600 sen) and just ended up using a speed mod to put him to 85%

Still nearly lost! :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I got too frustrated with Genichiro (lost 3 levels & 1600 sen) and just ended up using a speed mod to put him to 85%

Still nearly lost! :pac:

a speed mod... what the **** is that? hax?

You cant lose levels, just xp, best to spend your sen before doing boss fights also..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

nix wrote: »

You cant lose levels, just xp, best to spend your sen before doing boss fights also..

He's obviously a journalist :p

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-beat-sekiros-final-boss-with-cheats-and-i-feel-fine/

https://www.nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/13

Main use is for borderless window & 144Hz (unlocked frame rate), but it can also add ultra-wide & change FOV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A speed mod sure sounds like the kind of optional assist / ‘easy’ mode some people are advocating for :)

*runs from thread*

• Advertisement

A speed mod sure sounds like the kind of optional assist / ‘easy’ mode some people are advocating for :)

*runs from thread*
    I mean... yeah.

It's there, and you can install it if you want.
    If you don't like it - don't bother?

I played 99% of my game time so far without speed mod, I was just too tired & cranky to keep learning every single pattern.

I haven't went back to the last boss since I got to him, tried him for a half hour or so, didn't get to third phase.

Bank holiday this weekend although I just got Spiderman.

I'm in the depths of dark Souls too.

Think I'll give him a few hours the weekend.
    Muscle mem is a great thin though, picked up dark souls after 35 hours in Sekiro,. 20 minutes in I was back in!

Well enfeebled sure is fun. I guess thats what bite down is intended for and the handy
    tooth
    I murdered for earlier in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Genichiro is absolutely destroying me. I've tried being aggressive. I've gone away leveled up and got shadow rush, be patient and look for openings still can't get past him.managed to get onto phase 2 and died almost instantly mainly down to shock 🤯

recyclops wrote: »
    Genichiro is absolutely destroying me. I've tried being aggressive. I've gone away leveled up and got shadow rush, be patient and look for openings still can't get past him.managed to get onto phase 2 and died almost instantly mainly down to shock 🤯

are you going for parries/deflects? or are you trying to dodge or run away mostly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Genichiro is absolutely destroying me. I've tried being aggressive. I've gone away leveled up and got shadow rush, be patient and look for openings still can't get past him.managed to get onto phase 2 and died almost instantly mainly down to shock ��

Just put him down to 50% speed with a mod ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

are you going for parries/deflects? or are you trying to dodge or run away mostly?

Deflect, bide my time then shadow rush, back away and repeat.

Playing on xbox so dropping speed is nit possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I nearly beat Genichiro last night. Had no health vials (whatever they are called) left going into the last phase but managed to deflect a few of his lightning strikes to severely punish his posture bar.
    I think I can do it tonight. I just need to make more of his thrust attack and miriki counter them in the first phase.

Tried going at Genichiro again last night, still stuck on his second health bar. I've tried using the mist raven prosthetic which does a lot of damage to his vitality when you time it right, but I usually end up missing a block when he uses the bow and he ends up killing me. Frustrating because I've got his pattern down, but I keep making stupid mistakes.

• Advertisement

Deflect, bide my time then shadow rush, back away and repeat.

Playing on xbox so dropping speed is nit possible

Oh YSML isnt actually advising dropping speed, hes taking the piss (i hope). It would ruin the game.

But eh, you should be focusing on deflecting as much as possible to fill up his posture bar. go for the hits on the open.. dropping the enemies health is important, but your main focus should be filling his posture bar, the less health he has the harder it is for him to recover posture..

You should only really be focusing on dropping the health bar on big monster fights, against humans, focus posture :)

Advertisement