Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

sticker wrote: »
    I just got
    Owl 2, Demon and Spirit Saint
    to go - But I'm weary of it now to be honest. Fatigued at this point...

I would definately rate Bloodbourne the far better game... I got my as handed to me relentlessly there but still had such passion to continue.

Not so much here. Think I'll drop it now. I've RE2 and Divison 2 ready to go - Will go there instead.

I'm at pretty much the same point and feel the same. I've
    Demon
    done but haven't been back to it in a few nights now.
    The Owl father
    fight was wearing me down just couldn't make consistent progress against him and poked my nose in to see what the other fight was like. I did go through a stage were I was really enjoying it after initially having issues with but now at the end I'm fatigued by it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I just got

I would definately rate Bloodbourne the far better game... I got my as handed to me relentlessly there but still had such passion to continue.
    I love bloodborne in terms of its story and world, but I think the gameplay in Sekiro is far superior. Differen't strokes for different folks i guess!

I finished it for the 6th time yesterday. Managed to do it in just 5 hours which is 43 hours quicker than my first playthrough. I think I need help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I just got

Not so much here. Think I'll drop it now. I've RE2 and Divison 2 ready to go - Will go there instead.

I gave up at the dragon. In bloodbourne/DS you can always try a different weapon, or different character build if stuck. You can level up too if you don't mind fighting twinks.
    The options in Sekiro are switch to a different underwhelming prosthetic.
    I did enjoy parts of of it, but it's definitely my least favorite FS game (which still makes it better than most).

Came back to this after a Genichiro inspired break, and finally killed the bastard! Tore through senpou temple and now at the gun fort. Feels like a lot of progress but I'm just waiting to get hammered by whatever boss comes next.
    Edit: just got killed by the gaurdian ape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Man, the second phase of guardian ape is brutal. Absolutely brutal cause in the first phase you got a Shinobi deathblow and you think it's all over.

• Advertisement

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Man, the second phase of guardian ape is brutal. Absolutely brutal cause in the first phase you got a Shinobi deathblow and you think it's all over.

I can get him down to about two thirds of that phase. He's tough, but I just need to learn his attacks a bit better. I feel invincible after beating Genichiro!

Second phase is actually easier than the first one, wait for him to do that attack where he raises the sword over his head and use
    easy to time a parry on it then thrusting lance on him to pull out the worm
    massive posture damage.

You just need to parry / deflect a few attacks to get him to do it and you can usually get it even spamming the deflect button.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Or evade him (and the terror scream) by circling the arena until he does the dive and time your jump toward him over the sword for a few easy hits. Takes longer but dead easy.

Anyone know if mortal blade stacks with divine confetti or negates it? Just finalising my strategy so that True Monk goes down tonight.

Just copped I've been fighting the true monk for two days with the bell demon bell rung. Think I'm ready now!

Edit: done it next try!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

sweetie wrote: »
    Just copped I've been fighting the true monk for two days with the bell demon bell rung. Think I'm ready now!

Edit: done it next try!

Ha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Beat Guardian Ape!!
    Pity the internet spoiled me on his 2nd stage but I actually had less problems once I learned that the slow overhead causes him to stumble.
    Also interesting thing, I went back to the area where you find the Mist Raven prosthetic, and the purple ninja was alive!
    ...and he nearly killed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Going through the game for the second time now. It is no doubt the easiest FromSoft game.

I wish I instead started on NG+ with the demon bell rang and no Kuros charm

Had the ape on the ropes, one or two more attacks would have done it but I got greedy and kept hitting him instead of jumping back and running. Got caught in his terror scream and game over. Absolutely kicking myself!

Think I'm done with this game. Finally killed the Ape, went back through the castle. Met Owl, and decided to join him as I usually pick the first option on my first playthrough. Realized I just ruined the game for myself (cut is seriously short) and really have no urge to fight Emma now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Think I'm done with this game. Finally killed the Ape, went back through the castle. Met Owl, and decided to join him as I usually pick the first option on my first playthrough. Realized I just ruined the game for myself (cut is seriously short) and really have no urge to fight Emma now
    Hardly call it ruined, you're just going a shorter path to the finish and fighting different bosses. Just do another play through or go through NG+ for the other endings/bosses.

I did the same. Felt terrible having that fight immediately afterwards. I've yet to stick to ng+

I did the same. Felt terrible having that fight immediately afterwards. I've yet to stick to ng+

GIT GUD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I chose
    Shura
    ending as well. Didn't mind cutting it short a bit, in fact, the reason I chose it was I was getting a bit jaded with it despite loving it.

I kept thinking about the game after I'd finished and the fights I missed so am currently doing NG+ and it's been a breeze so far. This morning killed
    Jozou, Butterfly, Gyoubu the Demon, Blazing Bull , General outside castle and Ashina elite
    so already up to Genichiro. If you're tiring of the game give it a break for a few days and come back to it. Worked for me.

Beat the ape yesterday, and now I think the second phase is easier. His attacks are not as varied and are a lot more predictable. Once you dodge out of the scream, everything else can be deflected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Everything hits like a truck in NG+ but I suppose that's the point. Anyway Genichiro down now. First play through he took two days so it's great to see your skills as a player improve. Suppose the Ape is my next big boss.

I have to start using prosthetics more. All I really use is firecrackers and umbrella. Don't understand the anti air deathblow skill at all. I jump when they in the air but never get a deathblow marker.

• Advertisement

I've found the perfect motivation to give ng+ another shot

https://youtu.be/knXvbg49FuM

Think I'm done with this
    Man, **** this. The mutiple phases/resurrections etc are just plain not fun. These were never a thing in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1. It seemed to have started in the DLC of Dark Souls 3 with Sister Freya (spl) and her three resurrections. Then the twin demon princes were just brutal. Now half(if not more) of the bosses in Sekiro come back after you kill them once. It's cheap and brutal and it's not fun. So I kill Emma and Ishiin attacks me without so much as a checkpoint. I'm done with this game, **** this. At least in the souls game if you made bad choice you could pay some NPC to rectify it (eg attacking the ancient dragon in DS2 instead of talking to him) This is just stupid. I never once had to youtube bosses in FROM software games until DS3. They're just going for cheap now I'm afraid.

Think I'm done with this
    Man, **** this. The mutiple phases/resurrections etc are just plain not fun. These were never a thing in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1. It seemed to have started in the DLC of Dark Souls 3 with Sister Freya (spl) and her three resurrections. Then the twin demon princes were just brutal. Now half(if not more) of the bosses in Sekiro come back after you kill them once. It's cheap and brutal and it's not fun. So I kill Emma and Ishiin attacks me without so much as a checkpoint. I'm done with this game, **** this. At least in the souls game if you made bad choice you could pay some NPC to rectify it (eg attacking the ancient dragon in DS2 instead of talking to him) This is just stupid. I never once had to youtube bosses in FROM software games until DS3. They're just going for cheap now I'm afraid.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Instead of 3 health bars, imagine its one huge health bar and the fight changes at different points in the health bar :rolleyes:

Finally at the last boss(es) and went back to clean up a few things. Absolutely wrecked the guardian ape duo with mortal blade, they never got away from the wall even. Don't know if I've the patience for the last boss though and I've seen all of what the game has to offer. I'd rank it midway in the From ouevre and feel it could have done with an extra area or two and wasn't mad about the split choice storyline.

**** this.
    Went exploring again. Killed the ogre in the castle, two mini boss ninjas, and O'Reilly of the lake to get four prayer beads.
    Also killed the warrior in the dungeon and a couple of headless. How useful are those drops from headless?
    Also finished the surgeon side quest.
    **** loot.
    In fact most the world loot in this game is rubbish besides the odd prayer bead
    Those Buddhist candies and the balloons are ****e

The stuff from the headless is needed to upgrade some of the prosthetics

I got through Genichiro first phase easy enough and then Isshin climbs out of his body, I think i'm done now, I havent the will now to fixate on this battle for hours.
    If I replay and make a different choice is there any new areas or is it just different boss fights?

Just got back to ashina castle and got to the top. Got killed by the boss after siding with Kuro. Is there much more to go after this fight? I'm enjoying it but want to just get it over with now. Backlog is building up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just beat
    Genchiro, felt he was very tough, that posture bar tho
    and ploughed through most of senpekou temple.

Just near the
    Gun fort
    the latent abilities are really powerful I found.

Have to say am really enjoying it love the style of it , say its up there with bloodbourne for me, never really gelled with dark souls 3.

Does anybody else feel guilty looking up tips when you are stuck on a boss? haha

Advertisement