Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just got back to ashina castle and got to the top. Got killed by the boss after siding with Kuro. Is there much more to go after this fight? I'm enjoying it but want to just get it over with now. Backlog is building up.

One new area and a few bosses and minibosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm not ashamed to say: I'm going to finish my first playthrough with cheats.
    Losing half your sen/EXP on death is interesting. Losing half again... and again... and again, with no way to get it back, not so much.

I have however found an easy EXP farming spot.
    After 2nd Guardian Ape fight in Ashina Depths, head forward until you reach the Hidden Forest Idol.
    Turn back and you can find 2x Apparition Nightjar Ninja (1 of which can be backstabbed) - easy 1240XP in 30 seconds.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Losing half your sen/EXP on death is interesting. Losing half again... and again... and again, with no way to get it back, not so much.

I have however found an easy EXP farming spot.
    After 2nd Guardian Ape fight in Ashina Depths, head forward until you reach the Hidden Forest Idol.
    Turn back and you can find 2x Apparition Nightjar Ninja (1 of which can be backstabbed) - easy 1240XP in 30 seconds.
    The gun fort is good as well for sen and xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Thing is you don't REALLY need any of it. Vitality and power are tied to defeating bosses. I ended up spending most of my saved money on items I never used. And most of the skills are just fluff. Only the passive ones are really worth it.

Losing all your money/XP here doesn't impact you nearly as hard as it did in previous games. As long as you're learning and beating bosses; that's all there is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

So I'm 18% into the game, since I hardly ever get to play, but had an experience yesterday that pretty much sums-up why I enjoy FromSoft games.

Reached Lady Butterfly, and got murdered. Next day, got her to her second phase, used all my seeds and got murdered. Next day, figured out how to get around her tricks, by now I'm getting her to second phase without taking damage. Then yesterday, I killed her entirely without having to use a heal.

The learning, improving, and seeing that realised in progress is so god-damn satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'm already in
    Mibu Village
    on NG+. Flying through it. Posture broke
    both phases of Guardian Ape.
    The
    ape duo fight was tougher this time around, not sure if minor apes posture was adjusted in latest patch or it's just that I'm in NG+.

Found probably the best NPC in any From game ever that I completely missed first time around. The dude who
    wants to be a basket, in a shack in Mibu Village with a basket on his head.
    . Couldn't stop laughing at him.

Decided not to stealth kill first marker on the mini bosses with exceptions for ones that I don't like fighting due to bullish!t hit boxes, tracking or crap camera (ogre, swamp snake eyes and Lone shadow swordsman in the well). It's almost decision time then it'll be all new content for me again.

I love this game

Up to new content for me now. Great Shinobi is a great fight. First one this play through that's taking me a good few attempts. The last fight I had I managed to get him to second phase with 8 of my 9 Gourds. Still killed me with 7 Gourds left. Think Fire Isshin is the harder fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

All I can say is the
    Guardian Ape stage 2
    is wrecking me.

Only ever got him down to second half health, also have the
    Mortal blade
    doesn't seem to be doing much ? Someone said the spear can be used at this stage

All I can say is the
    Guardian Ape stage 2
    is wrecking me.

Only ever got him down to second half health, also have the
    Mortal blade
    doesn't seem to be doing much ? Someone said the spear can be used at this stage

Focus on simply blocking/deflecting - he does a really slow overhead thrust that you parry & makes him stumble. Take this time to use Ichimonji (Double) to recover posture & deal damage.
    In this stage IIRC you only need to worry about a slow low swipe you jump over - everything else can be parried while waiting for that overhead.

Focus on simply blocking/deflecting - he does a really slow overhead thrust that you parry & makes him stumble. Take this time to use Ichimonji (Double) to recover posture & deal damage.
    In this stage IIRC you only need to worry about a slow low swipe you jump over - everything else can be parried while waiting for that overhead.

Yeah I noticed that overhead deflect stuns him, the scream attack got me a few times though.

• Advertisement

Yeah I noticed that overhead deflect stuns him, the scream attack got me a few times though.

It's when he's stunned you use the spear on him where his head was. R2 and R2, don't hold. Deals vitality and huge posture damage to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

i just ran around until he did his weird worm type move, then jumped over him hit him a few times with nightjar and then ran away before he screamed.

did this over and over and he was dead without a spot of damage to myself

recyclops wrote: »
    i just ran around until he did his weird worm type move, then jumped over him hit him a few times with nightjar and then ran away before he screamed.

did this over and over and he was dead without a spot of damage to myself

yep, slow and steady wins the race!

Forgot about the scream attack, easier to just leg it once you see the Red prompt so.
    You should probably have Pacifying Agents in your inventory that can lower Terror buildup.

I think I mentioned before you can literally spam the block button in phase two.

Stay away from him until he does his worm move for a few free hits and get away again. You want him to come at you with the sword so when he does spam the block button after 2 or 3 deflects he'll do the over head one which is really long wind up, easy to spot and time a deflect then R2 twice with the spear and leg it as he'll do his scream nearly every time after that. Repeat 2 or 3 times I think it takes.

When you can relax and get comfortable with him getting in your face and deflecting you do it easily and have likely taken zero damage and be well chuffed with your kill.

Then later
    fight Guardian Ape AGAIN,
    whereupon
    he will summon a 2nd ape because FÚCK YOU, THIS IS SEKIRO
    :pac:

Then later
    fight Guardian Ape AGAIN,
    whereupon
    he will summon a 2nd ape because FÚCK YOU, THIS IS SEKIRO
    :pac:

I thought it was easier the second time round. Destroyed them after dying once!

The
    Great Shinobi Owl
    is probably my favourite so far even though I can't seem to get a handle on phase 2 at all. My jaw dropped when he
    mikiri'd me, flipped me over and stabbed me in the back wiping out my entire health bar in the process
    . Had to laugh.

I don't understand the tooth. I watched a video on you tube that says it can give you free resurrections but when I used it and resurrected it used up one of my rezzy's. Can anyone explain it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I don't understand the tooth. I watched a video on you tube that says it can give you free resurrections but when I used it and resurrected it used up one of my rezzy's. Can anyone explain it?

You can only rez once during a fight/phase, if you use the tooth, you can revive without blocking out a rez. So if you have 3 rez circles you can potentially rez 3 times in a fight/phase.. its pretty meh, might be useful if you run out of healing items/gords :confused:

I think I mentioned before you can literally spam the block button in phase two.

Stay away from him until he does his worm move for a few free hits and get away again. You want him to come at you with the sword so when he does spam the block button after 2 or 3 deflects he'll do the over head one which is really long wind up, easy to spot and time a deflect then R2 twice with the spear and leg it as he'll do his scream nearly every time after that. Repeat 2 or 3 times I think it takes.

When you can relax and get comfortable with him getting in your face and deflecting you do it easily and have likely taken zero damage and be well chuffed with your kill.

Got him tonight , the spear really helped. Just cleared o rin now I say I am close to the end

• Advertisement

Defeated the owl and reached cthe Fountainhead Palace. Got thoroughly spanked by the corrupted monk. Barely got through the first health bar and I've run out of snap seeds and spirit emblems. Can't seem to get a handle on her attack pattern. Every time I think I have an opening she destroys me with a counter attack.

Defeated the owl and reached cthe Fountainhead Palace. Got thoroughly spanked by the corrupted monk. Barely got through the first health bar and I've run out of snap seeds and spirit emblems. Can't seem to get a handle on her attack pattern. Every time I think I have an opening she destroys me with a counter attack.

Do snap seeds work on true monk? I almost had owl but got caught in smoke and died. Then struggled through phase 1 even though I pretty much sailed through that before once I learned the rhythm of the fight. Break was needed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

So after my intention some weeks ago to drop the game through fatigue, I returned and completed the game. Great sence of achievement.
    There are some good 'somewhat ranged' strategies to his demise that might assist those having issues...

I've no interest in NG+ - I've completed the game, why plod through it again for some missed NPC activity?! If there were new areas, sure, but a repeat of what I've just done does not appeal to me!

On to Divison 2!

Do snap seeds work on true monk? I almost had owl but got caught in smoke and died. Then struggled through phase 1 even though I pretty much sailed through that before once I learned the rhythm of the fight. Break was needed I think.

Not sure but mortal blade or divine grass definitely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Nope. Snap seeds only work on illusions. The firecrackers work brilliantly though. If you use them on phase 2 you can pretty much stun kill her, then phase 3 is pretty easy - she just keeps using terror attacks which are straightforward to avoid.

Vaati has started his lore vids.

Vaati has started his lore vids.

Really enjoy them, the way he digs deep into the background stories is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Really enjoy them, the way he digs deep into the background stories is great.

Vaati is brilliant. My copy of the Future Press guide arrived this week as well. I always pick up their hardback guides for From games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Watched his lore vid. Super excited for DLC

• Advertisement

The corrupted monk is wrecking my head. I can get to the third phase without too much damage now, but I can't seem to get a rhythm going. Do you go for posture damage or vitality?

Advertisement