Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The corrupted monk is wrecking my head. I can get to the third phase without too much damage now, but I can't seem to get a rhythm going. Do you go for posture damage or vitality?

Both, but mostly posture.. The fight used to be a lot easier but it appears they patched out the option to get a stealth attack in at the beginning :(

Her swings are wide and slow so just focus on blocking them, you can get a quick slice or two in, so just slow and steady. When you knock off 1/4 of her health and beyond, her posture bar will be easier to fill up.

And on the third phase, just get her movement down for when she pops the worm attacks, just jump/dodge to her side and you can get a load of hits in..

I use my firecrackers for getting my heals off, as if you jump back out, you run the risk of her recovering her posture a good bit.

I also found out after finishing the game, Fistful of Ash works well on her also, not sure if it does in phase 3 though, id imagine it does.. Also snap seeds do but they may only work on the mibu village version of her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Killed Owl finally. While it took longer than I'd like I think Fire Isshin took longer for me. True corrupted monk is easier than the ghost one. Comfortably getting to phase 3 each time (eliminating phase two stealthily) but keep doing something stupid before killing her, like trying to heal or an ichimonji double right in front of her. I'll beat her in a couple more goes I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote:
    I also found out after finishing the game, Fistful of Ash works well on her also, not sure if it does in phase 3 though, id imagine it does.. Also snap seeds do but they may only work on the mibu village version of her..

I used ash in phase 3, had no emblems left. I found if you waited for her attack to finish then ran to her, hit twice then ran past the opposite way she hardly ever touched me in phase 1 and 2

Corrupted Monk down now. I really enjoyed that fight. One thing I don't like is getting pushed back even after perfectly deflecting. Happened on Owl and Monk.

Came back to this today and beat the corrupted monk first go! Wrecked her posture through three phases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

One thing I don't like is getting pushed back even after perfectly deflecting. Happened on Owl and Monk.
    Noticed this when I mikired seven Spears sort of killed my momentum

Sword Saint is a pain.

Sword Saint is a pain.

He is the most pain, but the best fight in the game, you will love it when its all over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sword Saint is a pain.

Trust me my man i was in the exact same position, i died to him about 80-90 times,

The key is
    to use the umbrella on all his wind attacks, and in phase 4 dont bother trying to return the lightning to him, best to dodge.

Sword Saint is wrecking me. Last night I was comfortably getting through the second phase, but today I can't even beat Genichiro. Time for another break I think.

• Advertisement

Sword Saint is wrecking me. Last night I was comfortably getting through the second phase, but today I can't even beat Genichiro. Time for another break I think.

Exactly the same for me. Got through Genichiro without taking a hit the first few times and ISS returned the favour. Then the last couple of times Genichiro is killing me. I won't revive on him so just accept death.

I then went onto Demon of Hatred for a break (this Boss seems out of place in this game, more like a Bloodborne Boss) and can get halfway through his first health bar but have no healing left at that stage.

Yes a break for a couple of days is probably needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Beat True Corrupted Monk at the weekend as well, she felt easier than her ghost version tbh.
    Still died a ton though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Beat True Corrupted Monk at the weekend as well, she felt easier than her ghost version tbh.
    Still died a ton though! :pac:

Corrupted Monk is a massive pain, until you see all the speed runners cheese it.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Corrupted Monk is a massive pain, until you see all the speed runners cheese it.
    Apart from having a little trouble distinguishing between her stab & sweep, I really don't think she's that hard.
    Stage 1: Backdash from the 5x spinning attacks instead of parrying, side-dodge the jumping thrust, learn the 2 types of Perilous attacks, done.

Stage 2: Just hold block while she ghosts - it's the same 3 attack pattern with no variation, and you can heal/buff after she does it 2 (3?) times. Similar attacks as stage 1, but 1 of the jumps is a sweep so parry instead of dodging.

Stage 3: Buff for anti-Terror buildup & dodge if she spits worms, otherwise same as above.

Apart from having a little trouble distinguishing between her stab & sweep, I really don't think she's that hard.
    Stage 1: Backdash from the 5x spinning attacks instead of parrying, side-dodge the jumping thrust, learn the 2 types of Perilous attacks, done.

Stage 2: Just hold block while she ghosts - it's the same 3 attack pattern with no variation, and you can heal/buff after she does it 2 (3?) times. Similar attacks as stage 1, but 1 of the jumps is a sweep so parry instead of dodging.

Stage 3: Buff for anti-Terror buildup & dodge if she spits worms, otherwise same as above.
    I really enjoyed parrying her spin and when she jumped. Did an ichimonji double at the end of both of these. Could usually get through this phase no bother. Only saw her phase two once then decided to jump on her from the tree. Phase three was a bit of a pain but always dodge behind her for terror and whack her a few times. I agree, her ghost version seemed tougher.

Got ISS to second phase after I posted above so third stage overall. While I only got rid of half his HP bar it suddenly feels a lot more doable.

Beat Genichiro and got to Isshins second phase, he is deadly with that spear. Retreated for a while and had a go off the demon of hatred. Noped out of that fairly quickly! Going back to farming sen and xp for some prosthetics upgrades as I have some lapis lazuli to use up.
    I saw some YouTube vids of Isshin being cheesed with the umbrella and projected force skill. Might give that a go later.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Vicxas wrote: »
    Trust me my man i was in the exact same position, i died to him about 80-90 times,

The key is
    to use the umbrella on all his wind attacks, and in phase 4 dont bother trying to return the lightning to him, best to dodge.
    I disagree.
    I would definitely try to return those lightning attacks as you'll kill him really quickly. Just jump as soon as the warning kanji begins to fade away and spam r1. Works every time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Sekiro Guru on YouTube has a good guide if you are struggling with him. Some clever ranged strategies...

Really regret leaving ISS for NG+. The damage he does is insane. Sometimes I'm breezing through first 2 phases (Genichiro and phase 1 ISS), others I can't get by Genichiro. I'm using the umbrella on ISS for his weapon arts but he's still damaging me through it. Got one shot with the umbrella up with one of his attacks. My posture was zero at the start so it's not a posture break.

Think I'll switch to Dark Souls and bully Ornstein and Smough.

Really regret leaving ISS for NG+. The damage he does is insane. Sometimes I'm breezing through first 2 phases (Genichiro and phase 1 ISS), others I can't get by Genichiro. I'm using the umbrella on ISS for his weapon arts but he's still damaging me through it. Got one shot with the umbrella up with one of his attacks. My posture was zero at the start so it's not a posture break.

Think I'll switch to Dark Souls and bully Ornstein and Smough.

I still haven't beaten him! I'm on the verge of giving up. I just can't do it. Once he pulls out that spear it's just game over every time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I still haven't beaten him! I'm on the verge of giving up. I just can't do it. Once he pulls out that spear it's just game over every time.

Use the bait strategy for the spear phases - keep your distance and run under him once he does his leaping attack, get a hit in and then get outta there and repeat. If you can you can also use the mikiri counter when you have the chance, but it’s not necessary. It’s slow and requires patience, but if you’re really struggling it’s a definite way to get to those end credits :)

Nah feck the cheese :pac:

Just learn his movesets, using the umbrella might feel like a good idea, but you're just wasting relics on easy to dodge moves, they are also best to dodge as you can punish him more on them and he will go down quicker.

Also, if you stay aggressive enough, you can get him through most of the fight without him even taking out his spear.

Use the bait strategy for the spear phases - keep your distance and run under him once he does his leaping attack, get a hit in and then get outta there and repeat. If you can you can also use the mikiri counter when you have the chance, but it’s not necessary. It’s slow and requires patience, but if you’re really struggling it’s a definite way to get to those end credits :)

I've been baiting him into leaping with the spear and countering with the shield and projected force skill, problem is as I can't always get away cleanly and he catches me with the spear or a sneaky sword slash which does ridiculous damage. When I try and get clear to heal he opens up with the gun and closes the distance again very quickly.
    It wouldn't be so annoying if you didn't have to faff about with that clown Genichiro every time you die.

When in doubt or when you need to heal, just firecracker, it gives you enough time to drink your gord and back into your defensive pose, and it also interupts him from doing anything pretty much.. maybe not the lightning attack..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Back playing after a bit of a break.

Killed Headless ape fairly easy for 2 prayer beads and a memory.
    Also found a bead I missed in Ashina ante chamber with the wall you need to hug so "leveled up"

Went back to Lady Emma and Isshiin(spl)
    Beat Emma without losing a gourd and got to phase 2 of ishiin but he burnt me to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone enjoying NG+?

I found great satisfaction playing through and finishing, but had no real interest in another playthrough...

Why does the final boss have 4 health bars FCKKKKKK

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Jo Amon laughs at 4 health bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Azza wrote: »
    Jo Amon laughs at 4 health bars!

In Japanese I believe that's known as tough titties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Why does the final boss have 4 health bars FCKKKKKK

Just increase your posture damage x4 and reduce incoming damage by 92% with your mods

Advertisement