Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

nix wrote: »
    Nice one dood! Congrats! :)

Nice job on the lightning counters, i gave up on them and just ran behind because i kept ****ing up the timing and getting wrecked. The sword art you kept umbrella-ing on phase 2 onward, all you had to do was jump on top of him to counter :pac:

And id bet Owl pt 2 is alot less stressful than that fight tbh, i hope anyway, ive yet to jump back into it :D

Thanks man. Wasn't expecting that to be the one. The only reason I continued after Genichiro hit me was to build up the resurrection counters. Normally I'd jump off the cliff if he hit me. I tried jumping on Isshin once when he did one of his sword arts and got hit so didn't think there was an efficient way of dealing with them. Must have timed it wrong. Umbrella and projected force was the only effective way I could find to counter it. Was so chuffed with myself this morning. That feeling is why I love From Software games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Was so chuffed with myself this morning. That feeling is why I love From Software games.

Yeah same, though its a double edged sword im finding, i went into a gaming slump after that fight as nothing compared :D

I've come so close to beating isshin tonight a good few times. Nearly had his posture broken a few times, but the lightning is wrecking me I can't time the reversal right or seem to dodge it properly. I can get to the last stage now most times without taking much damage or using more than two or three gourds, but it all goes to crap when he shocks me, shoots me and follows that up with a spear attack to boot.

Gave it another few goes and I did it. I beat him. I was hammering away at him and I couldn't believe my eyes when the deathblow marker appeared!
    What to play now? I think I want to get the platinum trophy, but not quite yet. I have Bloodbourne from ps plus and still have to finish spiderman. Decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gave it another few goes and I did it. I beat him. I was hammering away at him and I couldn't believe my eyes when the deathblow marker appeared! What to play now? I think I want to get the platinum trophy, but not quite yet. I have Bloodbourne from ps plus and still have to finish spiderman. Decisions!

Jesus, Bloodborne if you haven't played it before

• Advertisement

Gave it another few goes and I did it. I beat him. I was hammering away at him and I couldn't believe my eyes when the deathblow marker appeared!
    What to play now? I think I want to get the platinum trophy, but not quite yet. I have Bloodbourne from ps plus and still have to finish spiderman. Decisions!

Nice one dood!

I would advise finishing up on Spiderman, give yourself a lil break before jumping into another from software game. But whatever you do, make sure you play Bloodborne. It's incredible and a must play, best game this generation.

Well done man, savour the moment. To echo the lads, Bloodborne is a must play if you have it there.

For any of you interested in lore theories about the game there are two great channels on YouTube I've been watching, SmoughTown and Creepling. They have some great videos.

I'm actually finding myself becoming obsessed with the game and story, more so than Froms other games. I've gone to NG+ on most (if not all) of the Soulsborne games with long breaks in between usually and about to start NG+ 2 on this already.

Yeah i was expecting to jump straight into NG+ on this, as i played Bloodborne to death, also the same with DS2 and DS3. But i just hit a slump and wasnt arsed continuing.. I know i will jump back into it again, just gonna give it a lil break..

Replay value was, its missing the whole "try a different build/weapon" to freshen the game and provide a new experience. By the time i got tired of bloodborne i had done a build to use and cover all different weapons in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had to use speed cheats to beat Isshin as my LB broke half-way into today's attempts.

RIP 360 pad, you've mostly served me well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Feel like I am missing some prayer beads, only have seven complete prayer beads.

Am near the
    Demon of hatred

Also where do you go to fight the
    Two guardian apes, pretty sure I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Back to the big empty pit on way to hidden forest IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Feel like I am missing some prayer beads, only have seven complete prayer beads.

Am near the
    Demon of hatred

Two guardian apes, pretty sure I missed it

https://sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/Prayer+Beads

There are a total of
    40 prayer beads, for 10 necklaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Went back and got some prayer beads , finished the final boss. Wasn't too bad did look up his patterns though took me around 5 tries..great game will leave it a while before another play through.

Great game ! Up there with Bloodborne , loved the aesthetic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Proud of you Nialler boy

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Liked bloodbourne and ds3

Bought this over the weekend but traded it the next day , perhaps could be argued as rash

Didn’t like the movement of him, seemed too fast?
    Maybe just me but I found the sword controls to be a little unresponsive

Sometimes you just know when a game is not going to agree with you and this was one of them

Liked bloodbourne and ds3

Bought this over the weekend but traded it the next day , perhaps could be argued as rash

Didn’t like the movement of him, seemed too fast?
    Maybe just me but I found the sword controls to be a little unresponsive

Sometimes you just know when a game is not going to agree with you and this was one of them

Missing out on a great game without even bothering to give it a chance, possibly From softwares best, shame on you! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finally going to pick this up over the weekend now that I have my exam out of the way. I definitely deserve it :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Finally going to pick this up over the weekend now that I have my exam out of the way. I definitely deserve it :pac:

Hope exam went well. What's the Future Press guide like? Thinking of picking it up along with the Dark Souls Trilogy book when it comes out.

I've been thinking about going into NG+2 on this as still have one boss I missed. Currently doing a From Software marathon. Finished Dark Souls remastered over the weekend and now starting Scholar before doing DS3, Bloodborne then Sekiro. Not too many games out that interest me at the moment and I'm a bit obsessed with From.

Hope exam went well. What's the Future Press guide like? Thinking of picking it up along with the Dark Souls Trilogy book when it comes out.

I've been thinking about going into NG+2 on this as still have one boss I missed. Currently doing a From Software marathon. Finished Dark Souls remastered over the weekend and now starting Scholar before doing DS3, Bloodborne then Sekiro. Not too many games out that interest me at the moment and I'm a bit obsessed with From.

It's really good with very nice detail. The illustrations are great. The only thing is the cardboard for the cover isn't as stiff as some of their older ones.

I have the dark souls one pre-ordered. I just like to collect them :)

• Advertisement

It's really good with very nice detail. The illustrations are great. The only thing is the cardboard for the cover isn't as stiff as some of their older ones.

I have the dark souls one pre-ordered. I just like to collect them :)

How many do you have? Do you have the Bloodborne one? I believe it's worth a fair bit now, Old Hunters even more so.

How many do you have? Do you have the Bloodborne one? I believe it's worth a fair bit now, Old Hunters even more so.

Yup have both of those. Both are in perfect condition as well :) I actually had two copies of the Bloodborne one but gave one to a friend.

And played for an hour today between the prologue and messing around with the training guy. Found the parrying ok but had my ass handed to me by the first big guy at the top of the stairs a few times.

Looks great and plays very smooth. Getting 60 FPS on Max @1080p on my RTX 2060 although I'm seeing a few drops to mid 50s in cutscenes.

Really enjoying it so far and looking forward to jumping back in.

Loving the game so far. It plays really well although I'm getting a few frame drops now to the low teens but they seem to be in the same spots so far.

Cleared out the estate in the memory up to the guy with the long staff. Need to go back and tackle him again. Did manage to get a few prosthetic upgrades there though.

And just beat the Chained Ogre after about 15 goes. That was a tough fight with his grab attack being lethal. Luckily there was a rest point behind so I ran away a few times when things got hairy :pac:

I started new game plus on this over the weekend. Going for the platinum trophy. Just have to fully upgrade one prosthetic, and get one or two bosses. According to the guides I missed a lone shadow ninja and an elite samurai, and the bosses in the shura ending. Flying through it now compared to the first time around so hopefully won't take too long. Still not looking forward to Isshin though!
    I tried to get into Bloodborne but just couldn't. I might have another crack off it when I'm fully done with Sekiro.

Second main boss done now. I think everyone I know has Dragonrot now at this stage. Must have died about 50 times yesterday trying to kill her but got her on the third go today.

Was a super fight and great the way the environment changed.

Second main boss done now. I think everyone I know has Dragonrot now at this stage. Must have died about 50 times yesterday trying to kill her but got her on the third go today.

Was a super fight and great the way the environment changed.

Which boss, the butterfly granny?

Which boss, the butterfly granny?

Yup. Didn't want to say the name.

Yup. Didn't want to say the name.

Pretty sure i didnt say her name either :D

But eh, she's an optional boss, so ya know :)

• Advertisement

Pretty sure i didnt say her name either :D

But eh, she's an optional boss, so ya know :)

Well she's stone dead now anyway :pac:

Advertisement