Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

I've been fighting Owl Father since last night, can't get more than 50% off his first health bar before I get caught in one of his absolutely ridiculous one hit kill moves. He is the cheapest boss in the game. Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

I've been fighting Owl Father since last night, can't get more than 50% off his first health bar before I get caught in one of his absolutely ridiculous one hit kill moves. He is the cheapest boss in the game. Rant over!

Is this the fight in asshina castle?

daheadonu wrote: »
    Is this the fight in asshina castle?

No, Hirata estate. I managed to get him down to half of his second health bar once a while ago. You do feck all damage against him, but he just massacres you with one touch of his sword or instant kills you with his bloody fire crackers. The camera is your enemy as well in this arena. I'm forever getting stuck in a corner or running into one of the pillars and bang its game over. Sword Saint felt a lot easier than this. I beat Isshin in two goes on my first new game plus play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Man, this game plays like ASS on Xbox One pad.
    I should've bought another 360 one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Man, this game plays like ASS on Xbox One pad.
    I should've bought another 360 one :(

Really? I've been using my Elite and find it very good.

Can you use a Switch Pro controller actually on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played with a 360 pad and had to remap the trigger and shoulder buttons to find a configuration I was happy with. The parry/ block button in its default state just felt completely wrong to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah the top shoulder buttons on the xbox one pad are ****e, they caused me frustration playing Sekiro also, dont know why they didnt just make them like the bottom shoulder buttons.. Probably to save $€ :(

Spent a decent bit of time playing yesterday and took down quite a few mini bosses and the opened up a lot of new areas.

Killed a giant bull who trampled me the first few goes, then I realized I could parry him and he was toast.

Then went left at the next area and got to Seven Spears. Another really good fight and eventually got him on the 4th or 5th go.

Off I went exploring and found a one armed purple ninja down a hole. He absolutely destroyed me. Back I went. Same outcome. Back again, nearly dead after 30 seconds so I use a whirlwind to try get past him, I leg it, up a little ledge and notice he takes ages to get up it. Give him a few whacks, jump back down, another whirlwind and jump back up. Continue that and kill him without taking another hit :) awful cheesey but it worked :pac:

End up in some sort of cave that eventually came to Ashina Depths (I think popped up). Was some weird purple guy down a hole but skipped him as I was being a coward. Kept going and came to a poison lake place. Managed to get across the area and kill everyone and then Snakeeyes got me. Could not kill her so just left with my tail between my legs.

Back to the entrance to Ashina Castle and killed the guy at the top of the stairs first go.

Can't wait to jump back in tonight!!

nix wrote: »
    Yeah the top shoulder buttons on the xbox one pad are ****e, they caused me frustration playing Sekiro also, dont know why they didnt just make them like the bottom shoulder buttons.. Probably to save $€ :(

Why would you have 4 triggers on the controller? I don't think any controller has that sort of layout?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why would you have 4 triggers on the controller? I don't think any controller has that sort of layout?

I dont mean the exact same triggers in size, but mechanical, like how the PS4's operate.

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    I dont mean the exact same triggers in size, but mechanical, like how the PS4's operate.

Ah now I get you. I was wondering how four triggers would work!!

F**ken he'll Jinsuke requires some timing to deflect. Nearly messed it up after not taking a hit on my 5th go :eek:

Genichro is down at last. Took me about 30 goes to get his first notch off, another 20 goes before I got his second notch and I managed to kill him on my second try seeing his final stage.

That was a great boss battle!!

Genichro is down at last. Took me about 30 goes to get his first notch off, another 20 goes before I got his second notch and I managed to kill him on my second try seeing his final stage.

That was a great boss battle!!

Yeah its the fight for me in which the combat mechanics fully clicked, they kinda had to click in order to get passed the fight anyway :pac: but yeah the game just got better and better from there :D

F**ken he'll Jinsuke requires some timing to deflect. Nearly messed it up after not taking a hit on my 5th go :eek:

If you have the magnetic umbrella prosthetic upgrade it destroys his posture in seconds. On my third playthrough and killed him last night in less than twenty seconds with no damage.

If you have the magnetic umbrella prosthetic upgrade it destroys his posture in seconds. On my third playthrough and killed him last night in less than twenty seconds with no damage.

I only got the umbrella just before I fought Genichro. When I beat Jinsuke it took less than 30 seconds. Parried his first three double strikes perfectly then whiffed the fourth set and nearly died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I only got the umbrella just before I fought Genichro. When I beat Jinsuke it took less than 30 seconds. Parried his first three double strikes perfectly then whiffed the fourth set and nearly died.

I could never deflect him with L1 so first time relied on step dodging (very effective) and next game just used umbrella to deflect. His attacks came so fast normally by the time I hit L1 to deflect more than half my HP was gone.

Played a few hours today and managed to kill Shichmen Warrior in the Abandoned Dungeon. Got a mid air death blow on him when he jumped the first time so that knocked one of his health bars off. I just ran around him in circles for the second one and chipped his health bars away.

Made it to Mt Senpou then and killed the Long Armed Cendipede second time around. I literally just tapped LB deflecting and wore his posture down.

The Armoured Warrior was a bit fiddly. Managed to knock him down three times and messed up the execution every time.

Then killed the four monkey boss. That was super easy and did it first go. Reminded me of the Micolash fight a bit.

Had serious trouble with the Spear Adepts. Feckers were destroying me.

I just have to get the shura ending to get the platinum trophy. Can beat the first part no problem but that old bastard Isshin is tricky. Doesn't seem as tough as the sword saint version but a few stupid errors on my part kept me from beating him tonight. Hopefully I'll get him tomorrow, I wont be able to put sekiro down until I get that damn trophy!

I'm a little stuck now. I'm here and can't see where to jump next. I've died a few times trying to find grapple points.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lwj-lVHcIAc3emRF2MiiV8PnfSuv-KhE/view?usp=drivesdk

• Advertisement

I'm a little stuck now. I'm here and can't see where to jump next. I've died a few times trying to find grapple points.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lwj-lVHcIAc3emRF2MiiV8PnfSuv-KhE/view?usp=drivesdk

Come back later after a certain encounter
    in a cave
    . Dead end for now.

Come back later after a certain encounter
    in a cave
    . Dead end for now.

I've killed Snake Eyes and Schinen Warrior. Only other one I found in a cave is Headless and haven't went back there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

TitianGerm wrote:
    I've killed Snake Eyes and Schinen Warrior. Only other one I found in a cave is Headless and haven't went back there yet.

Past snake eyes...

It's another cave where you meet something you've met before. Trying to be spoiler free. You'll know when it happens. Then you can go back there for something cool to happen.

It's another cave where you meet something you've met before. Trying to be spoiler free. You'll know when it happens. Then you can go back there for something cool to happen.

There's a big empty cave behind Shirihagi. Feels like it should be a boss room :confused:

I must have missed something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's a big empty cave behind Shirihagi. Feels like it should be a boss room :confused:

I must have missed something.

There is a boss in that area that doesn’t appear unless you’ve done things in a certain order :)

There is a boss in that area that doesn’t appear unless you’ve done things in a certain order :)

I retraced my steps anyway and went out the gate at the back of Ashina Castle. Enemies were fairly squishy though so I might be a little overpowered now.

On another note I was trying Sabimaru and it absolutely destroyed Snake Eyes. Although I did get lucky at the start when I fell off the platform and he reset before I respawned so I managed to get a stealth blow on him :pac:

I am thoroughly sick of isshin ashina. I've nearly had him dead so often now only to end up getting caught in his bloody fire attacks or that bloody fire and sword combo from hell.
    I love this game but also hate it with a passion sometimes!

I am thoroughly sick of isshin ashina. I've nearly had him dead so often now only to end up getting caught in his bloody fire attacks or that bloody fire and sword combo from hell.
    I love this game but also hate it with a passion sometimes!

Do you have the suzaku (sp) umbrella? The fire one. When Ishhin does his move that covers the room in fire get on a patch of snow and use it. Won't put a scratch on you.

• Advertisement

Do you have the suzaku (sp) umbrella? The fire one. When Ishhin does his move that covers the room in fire get on a patch of snow and use it. Won't put a scratch on you.

I've been trying to save spirit emblems to spam him with firecrackers in his last phase. I can deal with his sword attacks, it's just the big fire combo that's tripping me up. I've had him down to the his last sliver of health where one more hit would have done it a few times now and I'm getting frustrated.

Advertisement